• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it possible to replace a single piece from the Entertainment Set?

The customer service rep was unhelpful and rude. She was not willing to help the host with a replacement. The host is a MK consultant, so this issue is making PC look bad.
MFox0405
Silver Member
Hi all-

I had a host who accidently broke the eggplant colored bowl from her Entertainment Set the first time she washed it. She confessed that it was totally her fault and didn't expect PC to replace it for free. She simply wants to purchase a replacement bowl so the set is complete.

First I sent an email to the home office and was told that on that show #, the host didn't get an Entertainment Set. I went back and double checked the info I sent and it was all correct, so I am not sure what was going on with that.

Anyway, I called the home office the next day and ended up speaking with a very rude customer service rep. Long story short, after trying to explain the situation to her several times, I was told that since the bowl is not sold open stock, it cannot be replaced. I don't understand this! I thought the PC motto was 100% satisfaction guarenteed! How am I supposed to go back and tell this past host that she has to live with an incomplete set. If it wasn't a $64 item, I would just buy her a new one myself, but obviously that is not really an option. Worst of all, the host is a MK consultant and I feel like I am making PC look really bad by not being able to help her!

Has anyone ever had a similar problem like this? Has anyone ever had a single piece of the entertainment set replaced? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mindy Fox
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/mindyfox

If the set was purchased within a year, they have to replace it. All Simple Addition pieces are warrantied for 1 year. How long has it been?:confused:

I've been having the same problems with pc saying items were not on a show, but they have to replace the piece if it has to be withhin a year.

Call again...Mindy,

I'd call HO again. You may get a rep that's more helpful. I've done that before. If I didn't get the answer I want/need, I call back and get someone else that is willing to help.

Good luck!
Diane

PC does not replace items that the customer has broken or misused. The one yr. warranty is only for problems with the product. If it is not on the replacement order form then it can not be ordered by itself. You could try calling back and getting a friendlier rep. and maybe they can pull some strings for you. You could also order her the striped platter that is available. She might even like that better.:D

Bowl, not platter...It was the bowl that broke, unfortunately. HO should be able to do a replacement, even if she has to buy it (the host understood that, too). I had a host who had some Gen II cookware and broke the lid for one of the saucepans. It's not on the replacement form, but when I called HO they were able to sell her a new one (she didn't have the receipt, but HO was able to locate the sale to "prove" she bought it).

Mindy, if HO can't help, send me a PM - I have an extra Entertaining Set and would be willing to sell an eggplant bowl to you.

Diane

Thanks Diane. There is always a solution. You just have to get ahold of the right HO person. I did not know you could get replacements for something not on the order form. Never hurts to ask I guess.I had to write HO the other day about a person being rude to me in customer service. I was being very polite and she was just plain rude. Funny, I guess she does not realize if we were not selling she would not have a job!

Thanks for the advise all. I am going to try calling HO again and see what happens! I will let you know how it turns out.

Mindy

Here's a thought as well - if you can't get the eggplant bowl replaced maybe your host would like the small striped bowl instead - it would still look cute with the entertaining set and the cost is minimal - just a thought!

Gina Miller
Pampered Chef Consultant
[email protected]

What is the Entertainment Set and what does it include?

The Entertainment Set is a versatile and convenient set of kitchen tools designed to make entertaining and serving food easier. It includes a serving platter, a cheese knife, a cheese plane, and a set of three spreaders.

Can the Entertainment Set be used for both hot and cold food?

Yes, the serving platter and utensils in the Entertainment Set are safe to use with both hot and cold food. However, it is recommended to avoid extreme temperature changes when using the platter.

Is the Entertainment Set dishwasher safe?

Yes, all the pieces in the Entertainment Set are dishwasher safe for easy clean up. However, hand washing is recommended for the cheese knife and plane to maintain their sharpness.

Can I use the Entertainment Set for outdoor entertaining?

Absolutely! The durable and stylish design of the Entertainment Set makes it perfect for outdoor entertaining. Just be sure to hand wash the cheese knife and plane to avoid damage from outdoor elements.

Is the Entertainment Set covered by a warranty?

Yes, the Entertainment Set comes with a one-year warranty against any defects in materials or workmanship. Please refer to the warranty information provided with your set for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbarnhill
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJesssica
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
soonerchef
  • mrshamel3808