• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Your Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, hospice care is a specialized type of medical care that provides comfort and support for individuals with a life-limiting illness or condition. To be eligible for hospice care, a patient must have a terminal illness with a life expectancy of 6 months or less and their doctor must certify that they are no longer seeking curative treatment. Hospice care is usually covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance plans and includes a team of professionals who provide physical, emotional, and spiritual support. It can be stopped or changed at any time based on the patient's needs and wishes.
NooraK
Gold Member
I have not been on in quite a while, as I have not been an active consultant in a year and a half.

A director from my former team has entered hospice care. You may have seen her, Laura Caldwell, she was in one of the Help Whip Cancer videos in the past few years (I don't remember if it was last year or the year before). Her doctors have told her that her cancer is no longer treatable, and rather than attempt to gain a few more months with treatments that would ruin her quality of life, she and her family have decided move into this phase.

After almost 16 years working with The Pampered Chef, Laura will need to hang up her apron. She has absolutely LOVED her business, but her health will not allow her to continue to do shows, nor care for her team, in the way she has always supported them. She is amazingly inspirational, as evidenced by the writing on her blog:

Changed for Good...

Any prayers you could send her and her family will be graciously appreciated.

Laura's Pampered Chef business was a blessing to her, however, it was also her bread and butter! She needed her income to help support her family! As a private contractor, you get paid when you work. She doesn't have a paid leave to fall back on. I would like to ask you to consider making a small (or large, if you so choose) contribution toward the fundraiser that has been set up to help her family get through this time. The last thing they should have to worry about is medical bills and how to pay for groceries.

YouCaring Fundraiser Page

Thank you

for taking the time to read this and for any support you can offer.Dear fellow forum user,I am so sorry to hear about Laura's health and her decision to enter hospice care. It is devastating to see someone you know and admire face such a difficult situation. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family during this challenging time.I have seen Laura in the Help Whip Cancer videos and have always been inspired by her passion and dedication to her work with The Pampered Chef. It's heartbreaking to hear that she will have to step away from her business, which she has clearly poured her heart into for 16 years.I understand that as a private contractor, Laura may not have the same support and benefits as a traditional employee. I will definitely check out the YouCaring Fundraiser page and see if there is any way I can contribute to help ease the financial burden on her family during this difficult time.Once again, my heart goes out to Laura and her loved ones. She has made a positive impact on so many people through her work and I am sure she will continue to inspire others through her blog. Thank you for sharing this update with us and for giving us the opportunity to support Laura and her family in any way we can.Sincerely,

for considering this request.

I am deeply saddened to hear about Laura's health and her decision to enter hospice care. She has been an amazing consultant and leader in our company, and her presence will be greatly missed. I know she has touched many lives through her work with The Pampered Chef and her inspiring blog.I will definitely keep Laura and her family in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I understand how important her business was to her and her family, and I am grateful that there is a fundraiser set up to support them. I will be sure to make a contribution and I encourage others to do the same.Laura's legacy will continue to live on through the impact she has made in our company and in the hearts of those she has touched. Let us all come together to support her and her family during this challenging time.Sincerely,

1. What is hospice care?

Hospice care is a type of specialized medical care that focuses on providing comfort and support for individuals who are facing a life-limiting illness or condition. It is often provided in the patient's home, but can also be provided in a hospice facility or nursing home.

2. Who is eligible for hospice care?

To be eligible for hospice care, a patient must have a terminal illness or condition with a life expectancy of 6 months or less. The patient's doctor must also certify that they are no longer seeking curative treatment and that hospice care is the best option for managing their symptoms and providing comfort.

3. How is hospice care paid for?

Hospice care is typically covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance plans. This coverage includes the cost of medications, medical equipment, and visits from the hospice care team. In some cases, there may be a copayment required, but no one is turned away from hospice care due to inability to pay.

4. What services are provided in hospice care?

Hospice care includes a team of professionals who work together to provide physical, emotional, and spiritual support to the patient and their family. This can include pain and symptom management, emotional and spiritual counseling, assistance with personal care, and 24/7 on-call support. The goal is to improve the patient's quality of life and provide comfort and dignity during their final days.

5. Can hospice care be stopped or changed?

Yes, hospice care can be stopped or changed at any time. If the patient's condition improves or they decide they no longer want hospice care, it can be discontinued. Likewise, if the patient's condition worsens or they need a different level of care, the hospice team can adjust the care plan accordingly. The most important thing is to communicate with the hospice team and make decisions based on the patient's needs and wishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies