• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Entering Checks for Party Balance | Quick Guide for PPS Users

If the bank thinks there might be a problem, they may ask you to open a business account. However, I have a personal account and I am fine with that. Just sign the back of the check and they always take it.
lisa
I am not sure where this goes.

I am trying to close a party. When I balance the party - in the payment information- I can only add 3 checks and then it wants my debit # for the rest. I have 4 checks that I need to enter to balance the party. Please help. I have entered in the checks and #'s in the individual order section and when I look at the payment history it is all there.

Why in the balance screen?Whose checks are you entering in the balance screen? Why do you have four to enter there? Wouldn't they have all been entered in the individual orders screen? Then you just use the debit card for the whole amount. I'm not understanding the issue.

The checks are for pampered chef. they are not made out to me & I can't deposit them into my bank. doesn't the money from the debit card come from my bank?

If I don't enter them then it looks like I owe the whole amount.

Ok, I'm new to this too, but I believe that Pampered Chef will only take a check from you the consultant.
Customers need to make their checks out directly to you. Then you deposit them in your account.
Then use your debit card to draft the balance and you should have the money cleared in your account.
I don't remember ever being able to send checks from customers to Pampered Chef especially if you're submitting via pampered partner.

She's rightSometimes a customer will accidentally write a check to The Pampered Chef instead of me. My bank has always accepted them, in fact, I'm not even sure they noticed. I did ask the back what I should do and they said to endorse it as "angela Shea..The Pampered chef" Have you tried to deposit them, or did you assume that you couldn't?

I assumed that I could not. Isn't that check fraud?

An Honest mistakeNo, it really isn't. Believe me, I've swapped checks in the envelopes to the elec and phone company, and each of them cashed the check as their own! Ask your bank and see what they say, I am fairly certain that they will have you just endorse it as Lisa..the Pampered Chef. It's never been a problem here.

I will try it in the morning. Thank you. I am hoping to get the show closed and off in the morning and will let you know what my bank said.

lisa said:
I will try it in the morning. Thank you. I am hoping to get the show closed and off in the morning and will let you know what my bank said.
Don't ask, just do it.

It's much easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission. If you just endorse the checks and act like it's a regular transaction, you might just get away with it. If you're nervous, and you ask, it ain't gonna happen.

Put your name on alsoIf someone accidently writes out a check to Pampered Chef instead of me and I do not notice at the show, I put a / next to Pampered Chef and then my name. I have showed the bank what I have done and I have never had a problem with it.

Me too!!
DebbieSM said:
If someone accidently writes out a check to Pampered Chef instead of me and I do not notice at the show, I put a / next to Pampered Chef and then my name. I have showed the bank what I have done and I have never had a problem with it.

I've done this exact same thing and it has never been a problem. I think my bank knows by now that I sell Pampered Chef (live in a small town though). Most of the guests write Pampered Chef on the memo line. I had a guest do this at my very first show and I had no problem depositing it. I didn't even ask first.

I agree...Same here. I just put a / followed by my name. My checks and deposit slips also have my name followed by my title and Pampered Chef. So my bank has never said anything! :D

That is what I do also (/name). I have never had a problem with it.

..the bank always takes my checks that are written to pc. my mom works at the bank and said if for some reason the bank like looks over all of there records(which is really unlikely to happen)they may make you open a business account. I don't know about everyone else but i just have a personal account, b/c there is a minimum you have to keep in the bus. account....but anyways i just sign the back and they always take the check...

I did ask. The teller said it was fine this time. She did mention that if the bank catches that it is written out to a business they would want me to open a different account.

I am not sure I like that I have the checks in my personel account. What if one bounces? I get charged a fee. I know because my FIL gave us a bad check and I was charged $25 by the bank for his bad check. Plus, what if I send the money and it comes out of my account and then a check bounces. I don't always have a cushion and some of the checks were for $150.

You didn't know this??Lisa,

Wow, I am surprised that your Director or recruiter did not explain how the process of payment to the Pampered Chef works! :eek: The Pampered Chef does not accept anyone's payment except yours, and of course credit card payments. It does stink when a check bounces, and most likely it will happen. :(

As far as having enough $$ to cover your shows, the Pampered Chef is very understanding when it comes to bounced checks from your customers! They will present the show for payment, if it is denied, I believe they wait 5 days and try again. If it is denied again, they try one more time! This is usually enough time to recover that bounced check and fee. I charge a fee for bounced checks just like every other business does. My fee is $30. I have a $10 fee at my bank and the other $20 is for my time and effort that I spent getting the $$ for the bounced check. My time with my husband and children is valuable!

This is why I love credit/debit cards! I don't have to worry about them bouncing! I also prefer to have the customers write their checks to me, not the host. It is a lot easier to cover a $50 or even $150 bounced check than it is to cover an $800 bounced check from the host! And yes it happened to me! The host spent everyone's money! What a disaster!!

I hope that your recruiter/Director inform you of important details like this! There is nothing worse than not knowing!!

I've had a couple of checks made out to Pampered Chef. The first time my bank wouldn't take it, so the next time it happened, I did the /Wendy thing and they STILL wouldn't take it. Now I try to always be very careful to make sure checks are written to me because I *know* my bank's policy is rigid and I *know* I hate tracking down a guest and running out to pick up a new check.

Wait, I just realized that I keep saying "bank" and my institution is really a credit union...I wonder if they have different rules that make them so strict about who the check is payable to?

just to let you know...
This is why I love credit/debit cards! I don't have to worry about them bouncing!

The debit cards can bounce just like checks...in our case they are being used at credit cards, but still....i've had it happen...it's coming out of there bank account just like a check....just thought i would clear that up...

I like people to personally write everything to me, but my director is dead against that...she likes for the host to write one check to her...and if the check is bad..she goes back to the host....anyways..thought i would put my two sense it....

1. How do I enter a check into PPS?

To enter a check into PPS, go to the "Order Entry" tab and click on "New Order". Then, select the customer and enter the check information in the payment section. Make sure to save the order once you are done.

2. Can I enter multiple checks for one order in PPS?

Yes, you can enter multiple checks for one order in PPS. Simply click on the "Add Payment" button in the payment section and enter the information for each check separately. Make sure to save the order once you are done.

3. What if the check bounces or is returned?

If a check bounces or is returned, you will need to go to the "Payments" tab and select the check payment. From there, you can click on "Mark as Bad Check" and follow the prompts to enter the reason for the check being returned. This will update the customer's balance accordingly.

4. Can I enter checks from different customers in the same order?

Yes, you can enter checks from different customers in the same order. Simply select the first customer and enter their check information, then click on "Add Payment" and select the second customer and enter their check information. Make sure to save the order once you are done.

5. How do I view the checks that have been entered in PPS?

To view the checks that have been entered in PPS, go to the "Payments" tab and select the "Checks" filter. This will display all the checks that have been entered into PPS. You can also use the search function to find a specific check.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ginger428
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • melindag
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melindag
  • beepampered