• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Encouraging Hosts: How to Overcome Frustration and Boost Catalogue Show Orders

In summary, Silvana is frustrated because she is having difficulty booking catalog shows. She has two shows open and is getting more and more discouraged. She has tried everything short of holding the host's hand, but is at a loss. She is getting more and more discouraged and is considering giving up. Advice for Silvana would be to continue trying until she closes the show, to make a big deal about the
lsm72
I'm so frustrated right now....:mad: I have two catalogue shows open right now; both of my hosts are doing very little to get orders in. I've done everything (and I mean everything) short of holding their hands and I'm at a loss right now. What do I do? I'm getting more and more discouraged - maybe I'm no good at this....sigh. Advice anyone???:(

I hate catalog shows. I know there are consultants out there that make them work. I'm not one of them.

Don't give up until you are closing the show -- I've had catalog shows where I had NOTHING from the host, so had no idea if it was even going to be a show that the host had $350 in orders on the day we closed.

Not every host is going to call in every order -- if you close a show on a date, then the host has until that date to collect orders.

I'm frustrated because I can't even get catalog shows. I thought since I was having trouble getting bookings I would try to get some catalog shows but that's not working. I spend at least 2 hours a day trying to make contacts, send emails make fliers and this is after I come home from working 8 hours and still am striking out. I have no idea how people do 8 shows a month without completely harassing people.

That's how I feel Silvana; that I'm bugging people constantly. One of my catalogue shows has $97 in orders so far....the other has ZERO! I'm not giving up but man I sure am frustrated.

What has been working for me is:
1) I always get my host to rebook -- even if it is several months away by explaining that they can get TWO of the host special the month of the second show.

2) I make a big deal about what the host specials are and that if they book a show that night (even with a tentative date) then the host will also get the host special at their show. I also make sure to tell EACH guest about how the host is doing and to let them know that the host will NEVER pay full price and what she can earn and ask them if there is anything they are holding back on (wish list) and share with them how they can earn the products they want (and let them know that catalog shows are great -- they just have to work a little harder to collect the orders!

3) I bring a wrapped present and the host gets to open it if we have 3 shows booked (and I let the hosts rebook count as one). Last nights was a cutting board with measuring cups. (the host is usually good at helping get people to book a show with this as an incentive -- she knows the guests and their homes and stuff like that -- the biggest objection is usually, who will come and a bunch of other guests ALWAYS say "I will"

4) I always have a catalog show going to handle individual orders and will use the host benefits as an incentive to get later bookings (i.e., when I'm trying to fill a date I will email my list offering the host benefits of my catalog show (which is generally only about $150 so the host benefits is the host special and a 15% discount on anything else they order now) to the first person who places an order AND books a show on xx date. I do let them do it as a catalog show if they want. I close the catalog show on the 15th of the month if I have enough orders (if not, I close it on the 30th -- and clearly communicate to the ordering guests, which so far have always been family when they can expect their order).

5)I let the past hosts know about the current host specials -- I was closing a March show and mentioned the April specials to the host and she booked a catalog show on the spot -- it was a $300 show -- and she wants a June show also (she's getting the May host special from a party booked at her show that I had this weekend).

6) I asked close friends and family to help me out when I started -- my best friend had a show that I got 2 bookings off of, my sister had a show with 2 bookings, my mom had a show with 1 booking... etc.

Last edited:
very good information to have.....thanks

Yes thanks a bunch....

Just remember that you can only do so much. Some people think they want to have a catalog show, but if they don't work somewhere with easy orders (meaning they put out a catalog and people order), then they don't do well. They don't want to "pressure" anyone by actually passing the catalog around or emailing/calling their friends family to let them know they are doing a catalog. The funny thing is that's not pressure. People order or don't depending on if they want/need something. Definitely stress that with your hosts. I always tell them:Let everyone know, have catalog out at work, in your home, in your car b/c some people are just waiting for another show to come along! You can't read minds and you don't want them to miss out on a guest special. Not comfortable? End with, I just wanted you to know b/c I know I was excited with some of the new products and want to make sure you had the opportunity to see them too!An idea would be to maybe still send invites. E-vites are great but don't work for everyone. So maybe make your own and send them for the host since you KNOW they probably won't send them. This would tell them that a show is happening and to contact the host, you or your website.But really, don't worry about it. I've had catalog shows where NO orders are collected and I've had $1100 catalog shows. It really depends on the host but also where they work. Don't stress. Do what you can. Encourage them to contact people via email at the very least and to circulate a catalog AND put one in the break room. You don't need to hold their hand b/c honestly, if they need that, they won't do well anyway. Give them the tools, follow up and see what they do.

1. How can I encourage my hosts to have a successful catalogue show?

To encourage your hosts to have a successful catalogue show, it's important to communicate with them regularly and provide them with the necessary tools and resources. This can include sending them a catalogue and order forms, as well as reminding them of the benefits they will receive as a host, such as free products and discounts. You can also offer to help them with their guest list and give them tips on how to promote their show to increase attendance. Additionally, offering incentives for reaching certain sales goals can also motivate hosts to have a successful show.

2. What can I do if my host is feeling frustrated with their catalogue show?

If your host is feeling frustrated with their catalogue show, it's important to address their concerns and offer solutions. First, listen to their frustrations and empathize with them. Then, offer suggestions on how they can increase their show's success, such as reaching out to more guests or offering a special promotion. It's also helpful to remind them of the benefits they will receive as a host and offer your support and assistance throughout the process.

3. How can I boost catalogue show orders?

To boost catalogue show orders, it's important to create a sense of urgency and excitement around the products. You can do this by highlighting new or popular products, offering limited time promotions or discounts, and showcasing the versatility and usefulness of the products. It's also helpful to remind hosts to follow up with their guests and offer incentives for guests who place orders during the show.

4. What should I do if my host is struggling to get guests to attend their catalogue show?

If your host is struggling to get guests to attend their catalogue show, it's important to brainstorm with them on ways to increase attendance. This can include reaching out to friends and family, utilizing social media to promote the show, or partnering with other hosts to co-host a larger event. You can also offer to help create a personalized invitation for the host to send out to their guests to make the event more enticing.

5. How can I make sure my hosts have a positive experience with their catalogue show?

To ensure your hosts have a positive experience with their catalogue show, it's important to provide excellent customer service and support. This can include being available to answer any questions or concerns they may have, providing them with timely updates on their orders, and thanking them for their participation and hard work. It's also a good idea to follow up with hosts after the show to gather feedback and address any issues they may have encountered.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
laurichef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks