• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Encouraging a Struggling Business Owner: What Can We Say?

In summary, the author is trying to encourage their friend, but they don't know what else to say. They say that they are trying, but it isn't easy. They talk about cooking utensils and how they will help people save money by not eating out as often.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have tried to encourage her, but I don't know what else to say. Here is the latest email I got from her.

I am just now starting to get orders coming in.

I am going to try and visit some neighbors this week, and some family this weekend.

Hopefully, I can round up some more orders.

I am trying, but it isn't easy! Gas seems to take precedence over cooking utensils!

Any wording advice on how to encourage her further?

Cooking utensils will make eating at home easier, thus saving money in the long run because they are not using gas to go out to eat or spending money at restaurants as often. ;)

Is this a catalog show or a cooking show?

For a Cooking Show - I would encourage her to tell her guests that you are going to be showing them valuable tips and recipes for meals that can be made at home for a fraction of the cost of eating out.

If it is a catalog show - talk to her (maybe meet with her and show her) about some of the best tools we have to save time and money in the kitchen. Everyone needs a Mix n Chop & a Mix n Masher - the food chopper, the 8" saute pan, the utility knife......have her focus on encouraging people to take a look at some of these items!

See the Washington DC thread started by Morfia. She talked to Doris in DC and Doris talks about saving money with the $2 per person meals. You can try to talk to your host about the benefits of preparing at home meals with kitchen tools for less then $2 per person.

This is a catty show, so I don't have much hands on with her guests, yet;)

Sheila said:
Cooking utensils will make eating at home easier, thus saving money in the long run because they are not using gas to go out to eat or spending money at restaurants as often. ;)

This response doesn't work well for peole that already don't eat out much (myself included). What I have been saying is that our tools and recipes will help stretch your purchased food further and will make meal time more enjoyable... especially when the tools are easy enough for the kids/DH to use! Things like the DCB will also help save on energy costs when you use it in the microwave instead of having to heat your entire oven.

1. How can I support a business owner who is struggling?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, one of the best ways to support a struggling business owner is by showing empathy and actively listening to their concerns. Offer to help with tasks or brainstorm solutions together. You can also uplift their spirits by reminding them of their strengths and accomplishments.

2. What are some encouraging words we can say to a struggling business owner?

There are many encouraging words you can say to a struggling business owner, such as "I believe in you and your business," "You are doing an amazing job," or "I am here to support you in any way I can." You can also offer words of motivation and remind them that setbacks are a natural part of the business journey.

3. How can I show my support without being too pushy?

It's important to strike a balance between being supportive and being pushy. You can show your support by offering concrete help or suggesting resources, but also make sure to respect their boundaries and give them space if needed. It's also important to check in regularly and let them know that you are available to talk whenever they need it.

4. What can we say to a business owner who feels like giving up?

If a business owner is feeling discouraged and considering giving up, you can remind them of their passion and the reasons why they started their business in the first place. Offer words of encouragement and remind them that it's normal to face challenges and setbacks. You can also suggest taking a break or seeking support from a mentor or business coach.

5. How can we help a business owner who is struggling financially?

If a business owner is struggling financially, you can offer to help them create a budget or review their expenses to identify areas where they can cut costs. You can also suggest alternative sources of funding, such as loans or grants. Additionally, you can support their business by promoting their products or services to your network or hosting a fundraiser for them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
baychef
  • j&k'smom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
j&k'smom
  • Bren706