• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can enchiladas be made in the DCB instead of the oven?

In summary, the customer has successfully made enchiladas in the microwave using a recipe from Season's Best. The general time conversion for casseroles done in the oven would be about the same, but the dish may be a bit dry due to the lack of liquid in the recipe.
Nep2nfly
Does anyone currently make enchiladas (or burritos) in the DCB instead of the oven? One of my customers makes this weekly for her family and wants to know if it can be done (well) in the microwave. Have any of you tried it? She also wants to know what the general time conversion for casseroles done in the oven would be if done in the DCB in the microwave. She just bought the DCB and is already singing its praises for how it cooks meat. She is one of those folks who has a ton of influence on everyone else in her social circles and could easily sell this thing to everyone she knows. I would love to help her out on this. I may try it myself next week if no one knows. Thanks for your help!
:):p

The Mexican Lasagna from Season's best is a great fool proof microwave enchalada alternative. Done it at many shows with great success. YOu can find it on CC - I believe it was Seasons Best Summer 2009...?

I haven't tried this yet, but my coworker tried it and she said it was good:

Easy Enchiladas (ready in 15 minutes)
1 lb (about 3) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (13-15 oz) enchilada sauce
6-10 flour or corn tortillas (whichever you prefer!)

Place chicken in Deep Covered Baker. Pour tomatoes and green chilis over chicken and bake in microwave on high for 10 minutes. Place chicken and some of the tomatoes and green chilis into a Stainless Mixing Bowl. Chop with Salad Choppers. Discard remaining liquid. Scoop 2 large scoops of chicken into each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, and roll tightly. Place back in deep covered baker, cover with enchilada sauce and more cheese. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.

What is the best type of pan to use for the Enchilada Recipe for DCB?

The best type of pan to use for the Enchilada Recipe for DCB is a deep covered baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef. This pan is specifically designed for oven use and is perfect for making enchiladas.

What ingredients are needed for the Enchilada Recipe for DCB?

The ingredients needed for the Enchilada Recipe for DCB include tortillas, ground beef or chicken, enchilada sauce, shredded cheese, diced onions, and any additional toppings of your choice.

Can I make the Enchilada Recipe for DCB in advance?

Yes, you can make the Enchilada Recipe for DCB in advance. Simply assemble the enchiladas and refrigerate until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if baking from cold.

Can I use corn tortillas for the Enchilada Recipe for DCB?

Yes, you can use corn tortillas for the Enchilada Recipe for DCB. However, they may be more prone to cracking when assembling the enchiladas. To prevent this, you can lightly fry the tortillas in oil before assembling.

How long does it take to bake the Enchilada Recipe for DCB?

The Enchilada Recipe for DCB takes approximately 25-30 minutes to bake in a preheated oven at 375°F. Make sure to check that the cheese is melted and the filling is heated through before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefgoesPamperedChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • lovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovescooking
  • nikked