• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Empty Well in the Mini-Loaf Pan

In summary, the conversation revolves around the dilemma of what to do with an empty well when using a mini-loaf pan. Suggestions include using water or a potato, but some also mention not adding anything. The conversation also extends to the use of muffin pans and how to properly care for them.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
A customer posed a question about her mini-loaf pan today that I can't answer because I've never encountered this situation.

She only has enough dough for 6 loaves, which means she will either have one empty well twice or two empty wells once. The use guide advises filling all the wells but doesn't give a suggestion about what to do with an empty well.

I've used water in metal pans but I'm not sure what to advise her to do with stoneware.

Anyone encountered this? What's your workaround?

I was making a Quick bread & it said it would be enough for 3. So what I did was add extra (i think it was banana nut bread) so I added more nuts & bananas & they came out slightly smaller. :cool:

I just[B]put water in the empty well, I haven't had any problems yet with that or my muffin stones [/B]

KG - I have always used water in the empty wells and have never had a problem.

I have never tried water, but a potato works.

Thanks, all!

Well, well! I like the potato idea - it reminds me of a locally produced motorcycle. When the engine or a Harley idles, it says, "Potato potato potato potato..."

I like the potato idea besides getting the bread for its use you have a nice healthy snack untill we add the chees and sour cream to it that is.

I have never added anything to the empty wells. Never knew you needed to. Does this also apply to the muffin pan?

the potato idea sounds great, I usually do water, but I don't like that you can easily just turn the stone over and dump out the bread! Also, sometimes I forget I have water in it and pull the rack out to fast and then I get water all over the place!:rolleyes:
The potato sounds like a plan to me! Thanks for the tip!:thumbup: :balloon:

The use and care for the muffin pan says do not add water to empty wells...

What is an "Empty Well" in the Mini-Loaf Pan?

An "Empty Well" in the Mini-Loaf Pan refers to the indentation or depression in the center of the pan where the batter is placed for baking.

Why is there an "Empty Well" in the Mini-Loaf Pan?

The "Empty Well" in the Mini-Loaf Pan allows for the batter to rise evenly and create a perfectly shaped loaf without any overflow or uneven baking.

How do I properly use the "Empty Well" in the Mini-Loaf Pan?

To use the "Empty Well" in the Mini-Loaf Pan, simply pour the desired amount of batter into the pan, making sure to fill the "Empty Well" in the center. Bake according to the recipe's instructions.

Can I fill the "Empty Well" with a different filling instead of batter?

Yes, you can fill the "Empty Well" with a different filling such as jam, chocolate, or cream cheese before baking for a delicious surprise in the center of your loaf.

Do I need to grease the "Empty Well" in the Mini-Loaf Pan?

It is not necessary to grease the "Empty Well" in the Mini-Loaf Pan, as it is already non-stick. However, if you are using a filling that may stick, you can lightly grease the well before filling it with batter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HARRIS
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • HeatherP19
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies