• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hilarious Kitchen Mishaps: Share Your Embarrassing Cooking Stories!

In summary, the conversation was about sharing embarrassing and funny stories and mistakes that have happened during shows. One person shared a story about making a cake that ended up falling apart and being a mess, but they were able to laugh it off and show that anyone can do this job. The conversation ended with an invitation for others to share their funny stories as well.
chefbilyeu
We've all had moments in our shows that we look back on, and just have to laugh. I'd love to share some embarrassing stories, funny stories, and goofs/mistakes that have happened at our shows:

Here's just one (I have many :)) of mine: :rolleyes:
I made the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake for a dessert at my show. I had not made the cake before, so I didn't spray the pan with non-stick spray beforehand. I just made the cake right in the pan. No problem, right??

When it was done, I realized I didn't have a platter to put the cake on. The show was at a church kitchen, and they didn't have anything either. So I thought, "I'll just flip the cake on the stackable cooling rack"...haha...I think you know where this is going...

First of all, I'm talking all about the great non-stick coating on the skillet, and I flip it over to put it on the rack, and it doesn't come out. I try giving it a 'shake', and half the cake fell out of the pan, and the other half stuck! I took my scraper and took out the rest of the cake. I tried putting it semi-together on the rack.

Well, the rack isn't the best thing to put a cake on. It was falling apart! The Turtle Fudge cake is super moist, and was just falling to pieces!

Anyway, I kept moving forward, thinking I could make it work. Well, I still needed to put the chocolate-caramel glaze on the cake. As I am trying to spread it over the cake, the cake is sponging apart, and I'm using the glaze to put it back together...lol...it just was NOT working!

I laughed it off, gave up on making it "look like a cake", and took my EAD and piped cool whip on all the really messy parts, trying to make it look pretty. It was the perfect time to prove that ANYONE can do this job!

It was a pretty ugly cake, but tasted great. As I told the ladies, "It's all going to the same place anyway, right?"

So...for those of you who think you can't cook, or that you're afraid of making mistakes...we've all been there! Anyone else want to put their funny story up for reading???

P.S. This is NOT the most embarrassing thing, unfortunately :)...but I didn't want to start it off with COMPLETELY embarrassing myself!

Thanks for sharing!That's a great story Rebecca! I have made that cake numerous times and I couldn't imaging not being able to put that cake on a platter! :eek: I was reading your story laughing thinking oh my gosh! :eek: I swear my cheeks would have been so red! :)

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing. We've all been there! And YES, it does show that you don't need to be perfect in the kitchen to do this job. :)

1. What is "Embarrassing Moments..."?

"Embarrassing Moments..." is a fun and interactive party game from Pampered Chef where players share their most embarrassing moments and compete to win points based on audience votes.

2. How many players can participate in "Embarrassing Moments..."?

The game can be played with 4 to 10 players, making it perfect for small gatherings and parties.

3. What is included in the "Embarrassing Moments..." game set?

The game set includes 300 cards with embarrassing scenarios, a scorepad, and a sand timer. It also comes with instructions for gameplay and variations.

4. Can "Embarrassing Moments..." be played with kids?

The game is recommended for ages 13 and up, as some of the scenarios may be more suitable for older players. However, parents can use their discretion and remove any cards that may not be appropriate for younger players.

5. How can I purchase "Embarrassing Moments..."?

You can purchase "Embarrassing Moments..." through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. It is also available for purchase at select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
magentablue
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Replies
Views
jrstephens