• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Embarking on a New Odyssey - Hbot

In summary, tomorrow is the beginning of a new experience for me, something I never dreamed existed, let alone, thought I would need. Tomorrow morning, I am going diving, the first of 30 dives I must make. HBOT increases blood oxygenation and promotes capillary growth.
27 down...3 to go.My boss is the one who is most excited - he wants to know if I can be back to work next week. I told him it all depends what he wants me to do. ;)

Yeah only 3 left and 2 days - that is great! I hope your mouth is healing up without too much pain!

Almost done KG! I admire you...I have some 'small space' issues....don't know if I could do what you've done....well, if they gave me good drugs maybe...

legacypc46 said:
Almost done KG! I admire you...I have some 'small space' issues....don't know if I could do what you've done....well, if they gave me good drugs maybe...

Funny how we all think differently... I was thinking that it would be NICE to go diving... all I can think is that it would be TWO HOURS BY MYSELF... Even if I couldn't nap, TWO WHOLE HOURS BY MYSELF to read in (relative) peace and quiet with NO kids!!! After today, I'd probably be the first to volunteer!!!

I wish some of you could visit this facility with me. They cater to families, and many of the clients here are children with special needs. Moms go into the tank with their children - those are lower pressures (mine is relatively very high pressure) are allowed DVD players and such.One older man is there several times a week with his daughter, who looks to be a teenager. She is a Down Syndrome girl. Dad goes in with her, they watch movies together and, today, the battery ran out halfway through the dive. "We had to sing songs!" he said, with a bit of glee in his voice.The love for his daughter radiates from the man. He glows as he helps her out of the tank and into her chair. His eyes light up when he looks at her - it touches me deeply to watch them together.This has been quite an adventure for me, and from what I've learned and from what I've experienced, I am a fan of HBOT and will gladly talk with any of you about it.

What is the benefit for special needs kids?

katie0128 said:
Funny how we all think differently... I was thinking that it would be NICE to go diving... all I can think is that it would be TWO HOURS BY MYSELF... Even if I couldn't nap, TWO WHOLE HOURS BY MYSELF to read in (relative) peace and quiet with NO kids!!! After today, I'd probably be the first to volunteer!!!
I was thinking the same thing! I can't even take a minute to go potty w/o someone hollering for me! I was so excited last week when DH & DS went camping for 3 days - I had such big plans....then I got sick and stayed on the couch the entire time!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I wish some of you could visit this facility with me. They cater to families, and many of the clients here are children with special needs. Moms go into the tank with their children - those are lower pressures (mine is relatively very high pressure) are allowed DVD players and such.

One older man is there several times a week with his daughter, who looks to be a teenager. She is a Down Syndrome girl. Dad goes in with her, they watch movies together and, today, the battery ran out halfway through the dive. "We had to sing songs!" he said, with a bit of glee in his voice.

The love for his daughter radiates from the man. He glows as he helps her out of the tank and into her chair. His eyes light up when he looks at her - it touches me deeply to watch them together.

This has been quite an adventure for me, and from what I've learned and from what I've experienced, I am a fan of HBOT and will gladly talk with any of you about it.

For everything in our lives - there are the apparent lessons and reasons we are at the place we are in........and then there are the hidden reasons, and surprise lessons to be learned.
I'm glad that the HBOT has gone so well for you KG - sounds like a success all the way around! This post of yours touched me.......You painted a beautiful picture of the love of a father for his child.

katie0128 said:
What is the benefit for special needs kids?
I'll try to get a condensed version of it for you today.And Becky...thank you.

Oh KG ... you've begun my day with tears of joy. Thank you so much for how you have so freely shared with us all your experiences with this and also how you keep us laughing through everything! Thanks God for KG!

Here's the Readers' Digest Condensed version...At normal atmospheric pressure, at sea level, the pressure of air is 14.7 PSI, or 1 ATA. (The weight of a 1" column of air, which is about 50 miles high, is 14.7 pounds at sea level.) The level of 2 ATA is the weight of that same 1" column of air, except it is 100 miles high, or 29.4 PSI. Since it is not possible to increase the Earth's atmosphere to a depth of 100 miles from 50 miles, we do it by mechanical means, with an air compressor.Why? Injured tissue begins to heal when oxygen reaches it. Oxygen reaches tissue through blood cells, blood plasma, cerebral-spinal fluid and other body fluids. In order to promote healing, more oxygen promotes more tissue growth and the ability to carry way disease.At 1 ATA, the body inhales about 6 pounds of oxygen per day. At 2 ATA, the body is forced to inhale more deeply and by introducing a pure oxygen atmosphere, the body will inhale 2.4 pounds of oxygen! Red blood cells pick up this extra oxygen immediately and carry to the body.When I come out of the tank, my skin is pink, so I know this is true.Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is used to benefit those who are at risk for infection, as I am, stroke patients and those who have suffered industrial accidents by inhaling toxic fumes. It also benefits those with Lyme disease and traumatic brain injuries.HBOT is also being used, and very successfully, for autism, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, mitochondrial disorders, even chronic fatigue and migraines.You can read more about it at the website of the International Hyperbarics Association.I'm a believer!

Only one more! Hooray!

I hope everything goes well at your check-up Friday.

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST!
THANK GOD, ALMIGHTY,
I'M FREE AT LAST!I'll never have to come back to this dive again.

KG
Glad its over for you... You've been in my prayers.
Hope life's back to normal for you soon.

Are you sleepin' in today, KG? No road trip! Go enjoy a cup of coffee at your usual place. :)

Sounds like you're doing well, KG. Glad to hear it. Your continued healing will be in my prayers. The Kat Lady will also be in my prayers. I know that dealing with a person in recovery is sometimes a challenge. :)

Especially me. I'm a lousy patient.

The Kat Lady seems like she could put up with you. :) Or at least give you a good swift kick in the body part of choice.

chefann said:
The Kat Lady seems like she could put up with you. :) Or at least give you a good swift kick in the body part of choice.

I figure that would be a necessary skill for anyone married to KG. :rolleyes:

<skipping juicy ex-spouse body parts joke>To be associated with me, one must have patience with patients.

I'm glad it's over!

<h2>1. What is hyberbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)?</h2><p>HBOT is a medical treatment that involves breathing pure oxygen under pressurized conditions. This can increase blood oxygenation and promote capillary growth, aiding in the healing process.</p><h2>2. How is HBOT performed?</h2><p>HBOT is typically performed in a specialized chamber where the patient is exposed to increased atmospheric pressure. The chamber is not filled with 100% oxygen, but rather uses ambient air. Patients may wear a helmet or mask to deliver the oxygen.</p><h2>3. Why is HBOT being used in this specific case?</h2><p>The individual in question is undergoing HBOT in preparation for surgery later in the month. This therapy may help improve healing and recovery after the surgery.</p><h2>4. What are the restrictions inside the chamber during treatment?</h2><p>For safety reasons, no electronic devices, books, magazines, or printed materials are allowed inside the chamber. Inks and mechanical devices can release toxins under pressure, and there are also no toilets available inside the chamber.</p><h2>5. How long does a typical HBOT session last?</h2><p>The length of an HBOT session can vary, but a typical session may last a couple of hours. This may also depend on the specific condition being treated and the recommendation of a medical professional.</p>

1. What is hyberbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)?

HBOT is a medical treatment that involves breathing pure oxygen under pressurized conditions. This can increase blood oxygenation and promote capillary growth, aiding in the healing process.

2. How is HBOT performed?

HBOT is typically performed in a specialized chamber where the patient is exposed to increased atmospheric pressure. The chamber is not filled with 100% oxygen, but rather uses ambient air. Patients may wear a helmet or mask to deliver the oxygen.

3. Why is HBOT being used in this specific case?

The individual in question is undergoing HBOT in preparation for surgery later in the month. This therapy may help improve healing and recovery after the surgery.

4. What are the restrictions inside the chamber during treatment?

For safety reasons, no electronic devices, books, magazines, or printed materials are allowed inside the chamber. Inks and mechanical devices can release toxins under pressure, and there are also no toilets available inside the chamber.

5. How long does a typical HBOT session last?

The length of an HBOT session can vary, but a typical session may last a couple of hours. This may also depend on the specific condition being treated and the recommendation of a medical professional.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
SillyChef