• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Emails via Website: Opt-Out Increase? Share Your Experience

A
akaskydebil
Is it just me?

I sent out yesterday an email via my website for the Stoneware Sale. I have never used the email option before and now I'm a bit hesitant. In all the time of sending out my monthly newsletter (via the website) I have only had 6 opt-outs. I sent this out and in less than 24hrs I'm already up to 4. WTH?

Anyone else experience this? I never send out emails to people, other than my monthly e-newsletter so I don't feel I'm a bother (unlike Partylite consultant who emails me something at least once a week). I know I shouldn't take this personally but has anyone else experienced more opt-outs with the email option?

Just curious.

Not sure... I send out something every Monday. I get 1-2 opt-outs a month and it goes to about 1000 people. About 20% open it (but that reporting isn't 100% accurate... not all e-mail services respond to the openings as protection to their users). I've never had any complaints that it goes out too often and actually, my customers have told me they like the frequency because they are always up to date. Just my $.02...

I've sent cc e-mails a few times. Everytime I send it out I have 6-12 opt out! It is frustrating. I don't know why they opt out of it and the newsletter doesn't get the response.

Most of the time, the ones I've sent out have been recruiting/hosting. I wondered if it was people who thought I'm not interested in hosting or selling so they opt out for that reason.?

flemings99 said:
Most of the time, the ones I've sent out have been recruiting/hosting. I wondered if it was people who thought I'm not interested in hosting or selling so they opt out for that reason.?

That's an interesting perspective. One of my newest recruits, when I went to our interview, shared with me that she receives e-mails from 3 different PC consultants (and of course, as she is sharing this, my though is, "Oh no... where is she going with this?"). She said that she decided to contact me and sign for two reasons... the first was that I was consistent. She knew she would hear from me (and she couldn't say how often, just that she knew it was consistently) so she could access my info quickly and second, because when the others sent their e-mails, she felt like it was only because they needed something (like shows, recruits, etc) because they were sporadic at best and pretty much only about those things. I haven't seen the e-mails that the other two send so I don't know what they are using/sending.

My fear is that I get more opt outs with the CC e-mails than the newsletter b/c the newsletter is not getting to people. I may have only sent 1 or 2 CC e-mails since I started using the newsletter. I like how with the newsletter you don't get the opt out notifications because of course I take each one of them personally when I see it with the CC e-mails. Of the over 1,000 on my e-newsletter list, there are about 85 opt outs. I glance through that list every once in a while.

Thanks ladies. It was really bothering me and I tell myself I shouldn't let it fester but I'm listening to my words of wisdom very well. :( I do like the idea of the weekly email but A) I don't know if I will be consistent enough with it and B) I might have cardiac arrest if every week I was getting these opt-outs. :) I do pick on the partylite girl for always being in my inbox BUT...BUT....Guess who ordered Halloween sale items from her when I saw it come in my inbox? Yep the same girl who says, "ANOTHER PARTYLITE EMAIL!?!?!" hehe so.............I guess its double sided. I just have to see if I can put on my suit of armor and not take it personally.

This month is the first month in a long time that I have not had an opt out. If people opting out bothers me too much, I look at the new people that have opted in at my recent parties and I look at my "warm call report" to see those that went into my website even if it was to look around. Everytime I send one out, I receive either an online order or a booking!

The only time I send out more than one is when there is something special going on. For instance, earlier this month I sent out the Help Whip Cancer information. And I received a nice order from a past customer/host.

1. Is it common for opt-outs to increase when sending emails via a website?

Yes, it is common for opt-outs to increase when using the email option on a website. This is because the recipients may not have specifically signed up for emails and may not want to receive them.

2. Why do opt-outs tend to increase when using the email option on a website?

Opt-outs may increase because the recipients may not have a personal connection or relationship with the sender, making them less likely to want to receive emails. Additionally, the sender's email may be seen as spam or unwanted marketing.

3. Is it just me or do others experience a higher number of opt-outs when using the email option on a website?

It is not uncommon for others to experience a higher number of opt-outs when using the email option on a website. This is a common trend due to the reasons mentioned above.

4. How can I decrease the number of opt-outs when using the email option on a website?

To decrease the number of opt-outs, it is important to make sure that the recipients have specifically signed up for emails and have given consent to receive them. Additionally, it is important to send relevant and valuable content to the recipients to keep them engaged and interested in receiving emails.

5. How can I avoid taking opt-outs personally when using the email option on a website?

It is important to remember that opt-outs are a common occurrence and should not be taken personally. Take the feedback from the opt-outs and use it to improve your email marketing strategy. Remember to focus on the subscribers who are engaged and interested in your content rather than the ones who have opted out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsworld2000
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • bnlgal
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChipLines
  • CAPCnewbie