• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Elementary Schools & Realtor Office

In summary, Paige used melted Symphony bars to make cupcakes and took them to a florist announcing that they had won a Pampering for the Day. She thinks that the regular price is over $2 each. She put them in the fridge to set up.
ChefSteph06
I've been listening to the Booking Strategies from the Pros CD with Jacque Ruddy & Renee Figlock. I really loved the idea about calling & saying, Hi I'm ____, your local Pampered Chef consultant. I am servicing my local businesses & you won a pampering for the day. I need to know how many people are in your office so I can bring the right amount of goodies over tomorrow.

So I got over my phone fear today & called. I am going to two elementary schools where 3 or 4 people work in the office & they have about 35/40 teachers. And 1 realty office place where there are 3 in the office, but realtors come in and out during the day.

Soo... what should I make? I want to bring it on PC stuff so I have a reason to come back ( I am bringing goodies on tuesday & saying I'll be back on thursday to pick it up) I am thinking cute valentines day stuff. I own the large bar pan & round stone. Simple additions small caddy & rectangle caddy. Plus I have the triffle bowl & large dots bowl.

Any recipe ideas would be great! Also what paper work? I have a "pamper your clients" realtor flyer, plus fundraiser flyers for the schools. How many catalogs, order forms etc. I don't want to go overboard, but then I don't want to not have enough for everyone. Help!

I think finger food works best. In the bar pan you can make lots of different things and cut them into bite size servings. Aloha Pizza, Clubhouse Chicken Squares, Three Onion Goat Cheese Tart, just to name a few.

I would bring four catalogs and 10 OOFs and tell the point person that the order forms can be copied if need be.

I just did the Savory Cheese Truffles for a table I had at a bridal shop Saturday. They were easy to make and delicious! I found the recipe on CC. On the Recipe Search, I just clicked on "appetizers" and "cold". It's one from a product use and care card, so it isn't in any of the cookbooks. I think it's a great idea to make calls like that. I think I'll try it this week too.

For the teachers, I would definitely suggest something sweet. Two boxes of brownies go in the large bar pan. Perhaps something on top as well - Tiramsu Brownies or something? I wouldn't use the tirfle dish since you can't buy it yet...BEE

Check to see when your local Realtors have their weekly meetings, and that is when you will find the most agents in the office at one time. Here in Northern Virginia, they're held on Tuesday mornings. You could just happen to show up before the meeting starts!Realtors will eat anything (I know, because I am one!), but I would suggest something breakfast-y if you shoot for the morning meeting. Otherwise, sweets are good-- anytime there are sweet treats in the office, word travels REAL fast. ;)Good luck!

I do this everytime I have food to get rid of!

Today I melted Symphony bars and molded them in the silicone cupcake pan. They turned out great, so I took them to a florist announcing that they had won a Pampering for the Day! I'll go tomorrow to pick up the dish/stand and feel them out to see how they enjoyed the catalog.

Paige,
What kind of Symphony bars did you use? I think that there is more than one kind...or am I wrong? Sorry, brain is still frozen!

Hmm, they were large sized and had a yellowish wrapper. When they were melted they had a consistancy like they might have had caramel in them and they were definately chunky like toffee pieces or some kind of nuts were in them.

I've developed a small moth problem in my pantry and need to use up all the food before it gets infested! Yuk! Anyway, I had bought these when they were on sale 10 for $10, but I think the regular price is over $2 each.

I am all about those 10 for $10 sales!

hmmm....I'm going to have to try that one......did you let them set up at room temp, or did you refrigerate to set them up? I do a lot of stuff with melted chocolate, but have had problems with color change when I refrigerate to cool. If you did it qat room temp, how long does that take?
thanks for the info!!!

I put them in the fridge. Chocolate works great and they last nicely for a long time. However, I had done some of the Symphony bars a few days ago, and by the next day they were starting to get that funny discoloration on them. It went away when I remelted them. Anyway, my recommendation is to do the Symphony bars the same day you serve them.

Jacques Torres (www.MrChocolate.com) once told me to cool chocolate in the fridge for no more than ten minutes. Otherwise, it can go grey/white, either in spots or altogether. Doesn't affect the taste at all, but compromises the look of it.

AWESOME advice...now all I have to do is be able to remember that....seems to be a problem lately! I can't wait to try this tomorrow...and btw, I did write a note to pick up some symphony bars tomorrow!! LOL!!! Sometimes I have to write myself notes to remind me to read my notes!!! kinda sad, but that's just how it is!

pcchris said:
AWESOME advice...now all I have to do is be able to remember that....seems to be a problem lately! I can't wait to try this tomorrow...and btw, I did write a note to pick up some symphony bars tomorrow!! LOL!!! Sometimes I have to write myself notes to remind me to read my notes!!! kinda sad, but that's just how it is!

Chris, have you seen the movie, Memento? Gives new meaning to the idea of leaving yourself notes!

Kim, no have not seen that movie....maybe i should WRITE MYSELF A NOTE to rent it!!!! Don't even know what it's about...tee hee...

Paige, do you ever get any business when doing these "you've won a day of pampering" things? And it sounds like you just drop by with the goodies. Do you call first and see if it's okay. I am afraid people will think I am some kind of kook if I just drop off some homemade goodies for them without them knowing who I am. I'm not sure I would eat some food from some woman who just made it and gave it to me. I would worry they were poisoning me. do I sound too paranoid?

I, too, am wondering what kind of success everyone has had with events such as these. I brough a microwave cake to my bank once (I'm in there all the time) - got 2 small orders.

pcchris said:
Kim, no have not seen that movie....maybe i should WRITE MYSELF A NOTE to rent it!!!! Don't even know what it's about...tee hee...

Suffering short-term memory loss after a head injury, Leonard Shelby (Guy Pearce) embarks on a grim quest to find the lowlife who murdered his wife. To carry out his plan, Shelby snaps Polaroids of people and places, jotting down contextual notes on the backs of the photos to aid in his search and jog his memory. A gritty, complex thriller, Memento packs more knots than a hangman's noose.

SillyChef said:
Suffering short-term memory loss after a head injury, Leonard Shelby (Guy Pearce) embarks on a grim quest to find the lowlife who murdered his wife. To carry out his plan, Shelby snaps Polaroids of people and places, jotting down contextual notes on the backs of the photos to aid in his search and jog his memory. A gritty, complex thriller, Memento packs more knots than a hangman's noose.

Even more than that-- he tattoos himself with everything he needs to remember, so he will never lose it. It's a great movie-- very different. I own it!

Tattooing so as to not lose anything...hmmmm....LOVE the concept, but a little xtreme...not to mention painful!! I think it's easier to write notes...HA!
Sounds like an interesting movie.....my dh would probably like that movie...I like movies that make me laugh! Memento doesn't sound like it's that type of flick.

How did the day of pampering turn out? I, too, am worried they will think "this girl is a NUT". Any ideas??

pcchris said:
Tattooing so as to not lose anything...hmmmm....LOVE the concept, but a little xtreme...not to mention painful!! I think it's easier to write notes...HA!
Sounds like an interesting movie.....my dh would probably like that movie...I like movies that make me laugh! Memento doesn't sound like it's that type of flick.

It's definitely not a comedy. I mean, there are parts where one might laugh, but it's more of an "oh, that's really weird" laugh than a "that's the funniest thing I've ever heard" laugh. :p

sillylittlechef said:
Paige, do you ever get any business when doing these "you've won a day of pampering" things? And it sounds like you just drop by with the goodies. Do you call first and see if it's okay. I am afraid people will think I am some kind of kook if I just drop off some homemade goodies for them without them knowing who I am. I'm not sure I would eat some food from some woman who just made it and gave it to me. I would worry they were poisoning me. do I sound too paranoid?

Well, I've started with florists and have done 3 so far. I haven't been too persuasive, but I do leave a catalog "just in case anyone asks about the dishes". I've gotten an order for a garlic press, and one florist gave me a bouquet of flowers when I picked up the dishes. I'm obviously not doing it right yet, I need to get out of my comfort zone and get them to each do a catalog show. However, it's an opportunity for me to leave info about the bridal registry (which is why I started with florists) and leave my name in a good spirit. They all seem very pleased, so I would hope that they would think of me when they want PC stuff. I planned to pretend that I survey my guests at my shows and then choose "winners" of area businesses to pamper. It hasn't generated enough to actually "cook" anything, but it's a great way to use extra treats!

Very great idea!

What products do you recommend for elementary schools?

For elementary schools, we recommend our Quick-Stir® Pitcher, Silicone Prep Bowls, and our Nylon Knife Set. These products are perfect for small hands and make meal prep and clean up a breeze.

What are some popular items for realtor office events?

Our top sellers for realtor office events are our Mix 'N Chop, Flexible Cutting Mat, and Quikut Paring Knife. These products are versatile and great for preparing snacks or appetizers for open houses or client meetings.

Do you offer any special discounts for bulk orders?

Yes, we offer special discounts for bulk orders. Please contact our customer service team for more information and to receive a quote.

Are your products safe for children to use?

Yes, our products are safe for children to use with adult supervision. We have a Kid's Cooking Set that is specifically designed for young chefs to safely use in the kitchen.

Do you offer any fundraising opportunities for schools or organizations?

Yes, we offer a fundraising program where schools and organizations can earn up to 25% of the sales from a Pampered Chef party. Contact us for more information on how to get started with a fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Michelle Hebert-Voudren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Michelle Hebert-Voudren
  • Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • gilliandanielle