• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Best Way to Make Elegant Artichoke Cups | Recipe Tips & Tricks

In summary, Elegant Artichoke Cups are a delicious appetizer made with puff pastry, artichoke hearts, and a creamy cheese filling. They can be made ahead of time and frozen for convenience. Fresh artichokes can also be used in place of canned.
mickirene
I have a question about the elegant artichoke cups. The recipe ask you to brush oil onto the wonton wrappers and then press into the mini muffin pan. It does not specify if the wontons should be pressed oil side up or oil side down. Has anyone made this and if so, what did you do?

oil side up

I oiled both sides the last time I made this and it turned out great!

I find the kitchen spritzer works best and saves time... I spray cups and then wrappers after I put them in.

I made this at my kickoff party and ended up trying it all 3 ways. Oil side down worked best for me. I found that the wonton stuck to the tart tool when I did the oil side up. In every case, they still tasted great. :) I agree with JNSR96 that the spritzer works best if you want to spray the inside of the wonton After you've pressed it into shape.

Watch the video on Consultants Corner and they will tell you exactly which side to oil and give you other hints too on how to have the appetizer turn out beautifully.

I do oil side down so that the shaper doesn't stick. They are yummy! I do like the spritzer idea though.

Thanks for the tip Becky, I'll go watch the video!

1. What are Elegant Artichoke Cups?

Elegant Artichoke Cups are a delicious appetizer made with puff pastry, artichoke hearts, and a creamy cheese filling. They are easy to make and perfect for any occasion.

2. How do I make Elegant Artichoke Cups?

To make Elegant Artichoke Cups, you will need frozen puff pastry, canned artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Roll out the puff pastry, cut it into squares, and press them into a mini muffin tin. In a separate bowl, mix together the artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Spoon the mixture into the puff pastry cups and bake in the oven until golden brown and bubbly.

3. Can I make Elegant Artichoke Cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Elegant Artichoke Cups ahead of time. After baking, let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, reheat in the oven until warmed through.

4. Can I use fresh artichokes instead of canned?

While using fresh artichokes may result in a slightly different texture, you can certainly use them in place of canned artichokes in this recipe. Just be sure to cook and chop them before adding them to the filling mixture.

5. Can I freeze Elegant Artichoke Cups?

Yes, you can freeze Elegant Artichoke Cups before or after baking. If freezing before baking, assemble the cups and then freeze them on a baking sheet before transferring them to an airtight container. When ready to bake, add a few extra minutes to the baking time. If freezing after baking, let the cups cool completely and then freeze them in an airtight container. To reheat, bake in the oven until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MaryannNic
  • linilinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies