1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Elegant artichoke cups

1. I have a question about the elegant artichoke cups. The recipe ask you to brush oil onto the wonton wrappers and then press into the mini muffin pan. It does not specify if the wontons should be pressed oil side up or oil side down. Has anyone made this and if so, what did you do?

Jan 10, 2010
  2. Juddel

Juddel Novice Member Gold Member

oil side up

Jan 10, 2010
  3. cewcooks

cewcooks Advanced Member

I oiled both sides the last time I made this and it turned out great!

Jan 10, 2010
  4. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I find the kitchen spritzer works best and saves time... I spray cups and then wrappers after I put them in.

Jan 10, 2010
  5. Dotty

Dotty Member Gold Member

I made this at my kickoff party and ended up trying it all 3 ways. Oil side down worked best for me. I found that the wonton stuck to the tart tool when I did the oil side up. In every case, they still tasted great. :) I agree with JNSR96 that the spritzer works best if you want to spray the inside of the wonton After you've pressed it into shape.

Mar 21, 2010
  6. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Watch the video on Consultants Corner and they will tell you exactly which side to oil and give you other hints too on how to have the appetizer turn out beautifully.

Mar 21, 2010
  7. KayPT

KayPT Member

I do oil side down so that the shaper doesn't stick. They are yummy! I do like the spritzer idea though.

Mar 21, 2010
  8. Dotty

Dotty Member Gold Member

Thanks for the tip Becky, I'll go watch the video!

Mar 22, 2010
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted