1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Electronics... why don't we sell?

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Okay, so I have a really great friend. She had never heard of PC before I started selling it. She can't get over the fact that we don't sell electronics. She keeps asking about why we don't sell crock pot, etc.

So anyone have a easy way to explain it to her. I've tried and it just comes out "we don't sell that" & falls kinda flat.

2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I know I've heard a couple of reasons from different people, but can't recall if there's anything semi-official (like in Doris' book) to support it.

a) There are a lot of companies that do make small electrics. Why jump into a crowded marketplace?
    b) PC tools are those that can be used by anyone, even when the power is out, or someone doesn't have access to power (or won't use it for other reasons).
    c) WAAAAAAYYYY too hard to transport to shows for demo.

May 22, 2009
  3. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

Well I never have a good comeback but this just came to me. In regards to a crockpot. The DCB is better than a crockpot because you wouldn't have had to start dinner at 8/10am to be ready at 6. You can start at 5/5:30 and have dinner ready before 6.

And you can still have a healthy well balanced meal that isn't processed or from a box or can.

May 22, 2009
  4. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

I think Doris' original intent was to bring inventive and useful tools to users that maybe didn't have access to them. Crockpots are pretty readily available and there isn't much more innovation (or unique innovation) that can be developed out of them. PC just isn't a specialty developer of kitchen electrics. What we DO do, is bring innovative and quality tools that you can't just run out and buy at Walmart, AND also teach you how to cook using those tools. Crockpots just don't seem to fit in with that mindset to me...

I would just say that kitchen electrics are not the product line that PC has chosen to focus on. It's just not a market niche that we pursue.

May 22, 2009
Have something to add?