• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Convenient Electronic Check Payments: Simplify Payment Process"

In summary, the bit about the electronic transfers on the order forms means that you authorize us to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic funds transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction. When we use information from your check to make an electronic funds transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the
ivykeep
Gold Member
Any idea what the bit about the electronic transfers on the order forms:

† When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic funds transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction. When we use information from your check to make an electronic funds transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day your payment is received, and you will not receive your check back from your financial institution.

Is there some other way to handle check payments other than taking them to my bank?

My best guess would be that it's there because all banks can now process checks electronically, and I think the law says we're supposed to let the customer know.

Last edited:
Noora's right - it has nothing to do with how we cash or deposit people's checks - it's how the banks "electronically" transfer the cash from the customer's account to ours, and it's to let them know that they can't "float" checks like they used to (it used to take 3-5 days to clear, now it can happen instantly).

Actually, I always thought it meant that so many stores/retailers now can turn your check into an electronic check -basically like using your debit card. They hit your account right then and there instead of having to process it through a bank. You might as well be using a debit card. I've seen vendors at the mall do this with my check...they scan it through a machine....then stamp it and hand it right back to me! I thought, well, shoot, I could have saved a check and given you a debit card!So I'd imagine they are doing the same thing when they receive payments via check. They aren't going to process them through the bank channels so your bank may not get it back. (Like any bank does THAT anymore anyway? mine are scanned at one bank, and I'm just out of luck at the other. I have to pay for digital copies).

Yep, that's correct, Bobbi. Except for us, we don't have those fancy "scanners", so it'll turn into an "electronic check" when we deposit it or cash it at our bank. There is no longer a waiting period for a "check to clear".

Wouldn't it be cool if sometime in the future we could simply enter their info on PP3 and they take it out of their bank for us? Wow, no more bounced checks....hooray!!

Ok, wishful thinking!

1. What is an electronic check?

An electronic check, also known as an e-check, is a digital version of a traditional paper check. It allows for the transfer of funds between bank accounts without the need for physical checks or paper documents.

2. How does an electronic check work?

An electronic check works by using the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network to transfer funds between bank accounts. The process involves the payer authorizing the payee to withdraw funds from their account, which is then processed and deposited into the payee's account.

3. Are electronic checks safe?

Yes, electronic checks are generally considered safe and secure. They use encryption technology to protect sensitive information and are subject to the same security measures as traditional paper checks.

4. What are the benefits of using electronic checks?

Electronic checks offer several benefits compared to traditional paper checks. They are faster, more convenient, and often have lower transaction fees. They also reduce the risk of fraud and provide a more efficient way to manage payments and record-keeping.

5. How do I receive an electronic check?

To receive an electronic check, you will need to have a merchant account or a payment processor that supports e-checks. You can then provide your customers with your bank account information or a secure payment link for them to authorize the transfer of funds from their account to yours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yummy4tummy
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
kam
  • Shawnna