• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stuck With a Cork: Electric Wine Opener Troubleshooting

In summary, if you press the button and the corkscrew does not move or the cork is not extracted, your electric wine opener may be stuck with a cork. To resolve this issue, first turn off and unplug the unit. Then, try gently twisting and pulling the cork out with your hands. If that does not work, use pliers to grip and pull the cork out. Frequent cork-sticking could be caused by a dull corkscrew, debris build-up, or a faulty motor. Clean the unit and replace the corkscrew if needed. It is not recommended to use the opener if the cork is stuck, as it may damage the unit. To prevent this issue, clean and replace the corkscrew regularly
byrd1956
Gold Member
So I am at a show. Used the electric wine opener for the first time (not a wine drinker). The cork will not come out. We followed the directions exactly and now the corkscrew is just turning and the cork is not coming off. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Update. My husband used pliers to hold the cork and it came off. The cork was not of cork material, it seems like recycled plastic and the cork is not tapered. I have read the use and care card and it does not say anything about only using a regular cork.

I've used mine on a few different types of corks with no problem. I'd suggest contacting the Home Office. I remember seeing them have that issue with one of the openers in the product demo area at National Conference.

I sent an e-mail to the home office Sunday after my post. I have not heard back yet.

Even though the home office said I could return it I am not. We got a bottle of wine and it works fine. Not sure what went wrong at the show but I think there is nothing wrong with the opener.

1. How do I know if my electric wine opener is stuck with a cork?

If you have pressed the button and the corkscrew is not moving or the cork is not being extracted, then your electric wine opener may be stuck with a cork.

2. What should I do if my electric wine opener is stuck with a cork?

The first step is to make sure the unit is turned off and unplugged. Then, try gently twisting and pulling the cork out with your hands. If this does not work, you can use a pair of pliers to grip the cork and pull it out.

3. Why is my electric wine opener getting stuck with corks frequently?

There could be a few reasons for this. It could be due to a dull corkscrew, a build-up of debris, or a faulty motor. We recommend cleaning the unit and replacing the corkscrew if necessary.

4. Can I use my electric wine opener if the cork is stuck?

It is not recommended to use the electric wine opener if the cork is stuck as it may damage the unit. It is best to remove the stuck cork before attempting to use the opener again.

5. How can I prevent my electric wine opener from getting stuck with corks?

To prevent your electric wine opener from getting stuck with corks, make sure to clean it regularly and replace the corkscrew when it becomes dull. Also, make sure to insert the corkscrew straight into the cork and avoid any twisting or bending motions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • cochef
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
rlombas