• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Electric Wine Opener

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
So I am at a show. Used the electric wine opener for the first time (not a wine drinker). The cork will not come out. We followed the directions exactly and now the corkscrew is just turning and the cork is not coming off. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
Update. My husband used pliers to hold the cork and it came off. The cork was not of cork material, it seems like recycled plastic and the cork is not tapered. I have read the use and care card and it does not say anything about only using a regular cork.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I've used mine on a few different types of corks with no problem. I'd suggest contacting the Home Office. I remember seeing them have that issue with one of the openers in the product demo area at National Conference.

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
I sent an e-mail to the home office Sunday after my post. I have not heard back yet.

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
Even though the home office said I could return it I am not. We got a bottle of wine and it works fine. Not sure what went wrong at the show but I think there is nothing wrong with the opener.