• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Delicious Recipes for Your 8 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker!

In summary, an electric pressure cooker is a kitchen appliance that uses pressure and heat to cook food quickly and efficiently. It works by trapping steam inside the cooker, resulting in faster cooking times. The cooker has a sealed lid and safety features to prevent accidents. Advantages of using an electric pressure cooker include faster cooking times, energy efficiency, and the ability to cook a variety of dishes while retaining more nutrients. They are generally safe to use as long as you follow the manufacturer's instructions. Electric pressure cookers are versatile and can be used to make a wide variety of meals, including soups, stews, meats, grains, and even desserts. Some models also have additional features, such as slow cooking and steaming, making it possible to
pampchefrhondab
Wow, I haven't been on here for months! I need to update my years of svc!Some of you may remember me:)!! I was going to start my business back up this fall, but then broke my foot and really wasn't up to doing shows, but now I have a few scheuled.

Enough about that and to my subject. I just got an 8 qt. electric pressure cooker. Anyone ever use one? If so what is your favorite recipe and will you share?

I found a few on the internet so far and am going to make my first recipe tonight.

Thanks for any tips and recipes in advance.

Thank you! It's good to be back. I'm sorry to see no news on Page still.

Welcome back Rhonda! :)

I have an electric pressure cooker that I use on occasion. There should be a book of recipes that came with it.

I've used it to make vegetable soup and chicken stock. I don't really have a written recipe. The best thing to do is try the recipes in the book, and adjust them to your liking.

Thanks Amanda - it's nice to be back.Hi Nancy, I do have a book with it and recipes. I'm planning on trying them. I was just looking for any tips or favorite recipes people have.I made an Italian Chicken Noodle soup last night. It turned out really good. I did a roast today and wasn't real happy with the tenderness of it. It would have been much better in the slow cooker. They say it just falls apart in the pressure cooker, but mine didn't. Not sure if I did something wrong or not.I'm going to keep trying recipes.Thanks!

What is an electric pressure cooker?

An electric pressure cooker is a kitchen appliance that uses pressure and heat to cook food quickly and efficiently. It works by trapping steam inside the cooker, which increases the internal pressure and raises the boiling point of water, resulting in faster cooking times.

How does an electric pressure cooker work?

Electric pressure cookers work by using a combination of pressure and heat to cook food. The cooker has a sealed lid that locks in steam and creates a high-pressure environment. This pressure forces the temperature to rise, resulting in faster cooking times. The cooker also has a safety valve that releases excess pressure if needed.

What are the advantages of using an electric pressure cooker?

There are several advantages to using an electric pressure cooker, including faster cooking times, energy efficiency, and the ability to cook a variety of dishes. Pressure cooking also helps to retain more nutrients in food compared to other cooking methods, making it a healthier option.

Are electric pressure cookers safe to use?

Yes, electric pressure cookers are generally safe to use as long as you follow the manufacturer's instructions. The safety features, such as the locking lid and pressure release valve, help to prevent accidents. It is essential to release the pressure before opening the lid and to never fill the cooker more than two-thirds full to prevent over-pressurization.

What types of meals can I make in an electric pressure cooker?

Electric pressure cookers are versatile and can be used to make a wide variety of meals, including soups, stews, meats, grains, and even desserts. Some models also have additional features such as slow cooking, steaming, and sautéing, making it possible to cook an entire meal in one pot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • LakesideMom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies