• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leftover Egg Yolks? Here's What to Do!

In summary, there are several options for using up leftover egg yolks: French toast, pies, or glazing.
linojackie
I have been on a diet for the last few weeks and have been making scrambled egg whites in the morning for breakfast. However, this leaves a ton of egg yolks left over and I can't bear to waste them. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can use them or a recipe that calls for like a dozen egg yolks?

the Egg Nog parfait in Festive Holiday Desserts uses egg yolks. :)

hollandaise sauce. I've never made it before, but I'm pretty sure it uses egg yolks.

Homemade mayonnaise
Custard
Lemon pudding (from scratch, not the boxed kind, obviously)

Wasn't there a recipe that called for it...like the chocolate molten cakes from '07 f/w? I'll have to dig out that SB and see...

linojackie said:
Wasn't there a recipe that called for it...like the chocolate molten cakes from '07 f/w? I'll have to dig out that SB and see...

LOL - all I could think was.............Well, there goes the diet!!!

Sorry, I have no recipe either - but that made me chuckle!

That's funny, because I had a feeling people were going to think I was nuts! But actually, I will make it and either my family eats it, or I will share it with my neighbors/friends/customers, etc. SOMETIMES I will sneak a little taste..just to make sure it's not poisoned or anything! ;)

Can't you make homemade noodles with egg yolks? Not sure...

Check on allrecipes.com You can search by ingredient and maybe you can find a great recipe that way!!

KEY Lime Pie!!

I was just thinking I could search by ingredient...dont' know where my brain was before! LOL! Thanks!!!

linojackie said:
I have been on a diet for the last few weeks and have been making scrambled egg whites in the morning for breakfast. However, this leaves a ton of egg yolks left over and I can't bear to waste them. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can use them or a recipe that calls for like a dozen egg yolks?

You can make some Wonderful French Toast ( for the rest of the family that is) add some milk/half&half, vanilla & cinnamon!! Or scramble them up with onions peppers etc...HTH

Rachael Ray mentioned a tip the other day about freezing the white in a ziploc bag when you only need the yolk, I don't see why you couldn't freeze the yolk instead... Just make sure you label it! Oh - and she was using the yolk as a glaze for a glaze on some sort of baked bread. I'd freeze it and use it to glaze pies for the holidays!

What are some ways to use leftover egg yolks?

Leftover egg yolks can be used in a variety of recipes such as custards, sauces, mayonnaise, ice cream, and salad dressings.

Can leftover egg yolks be frozen?

Yes, leftover egg yolks can be frozen for later use. Simply place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and label with the number of yolks and the date. When ready to use, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight.

How long can leftover egg yolks be stored in the refrigerator?

Egg yolks can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap. However, it is best to use them within 1-2 days for optimal freshness.

Can leftover egg yolks be used in place of whole eggs in a recipe?

Yes, you can use just egg yolks in place of whole eggs in a recipe. However, keep in mind that this may alter the texture and flavor of the final dish.

Are leftover egg yolks safe to eat?

As long as the egg yolks have been properly stored and used within the recommended time frame, they are safe to eat. However, if they have a strange odor or appearance, it is best to discard them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • OhmyDLM
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies