• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Still Use Refrigerated Egg Whites?

In summary, it is not recommended to use refrigerated egg whites after the expiration date as they may spoil and cause foodborne illness. They can last up to 4-5 days in the fridge if stored properly, but it is best to use them within 2-3 days for optimal freshness and safety. You can freeze them for up to 12 months, but make sure to thaw them in the fridge before using. You can also use them in most recipes that call for fresh egg whites, but make sure to bring them to room temperature first. If they have a strange odor or appearance, it is best to discard them.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
If I separated an egg last night for the yolk and frigerated the white until today, is it still good to use?

Yes, it is. That's what egg beaters really are....egg whites. They can be refrigerated for several days.

Barbara

I even freeze them and save them for angel food cake.

1. Can I still use refrigerated egg whites after the expiration date?

It is not recommended to use refrigerated egg whites after the expiration date as they may spoil and cause foodborne illness. It is best to discard them and use fresh egg whites instead.

2. How long can refrigerated egg whites last?

Refrigerated egg whites can last up to 4-5 days in the fridge if stored properly in an airtight container. However, it is best to use them within 2-3 days for optimal freshness and safety.

3. Can I freeze refrigerated egg whites?

Yes, you can freeze refrigerated egg whites for up to 12 months. Just make sure to transfer them to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag before freezing. Thaw them in the fridge before using.

4. Can I use refrigerated egg whites in recipes that call for fresh egg whites?

Yes, you can use refrigerated egg whites in most recipes that call for fresh egg whites. Just make sure to bring them to room temperature before using to ensure proper incorporation into the recipe.

5. How do I know if refrigerated egg whites have gone bad?

If refrigerated egg whites have a strange odor or appearance, it is best to discard them. Also, if they are past the expiration date, it is safest to assume they have gone bad and use fresh egg whites instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• linojackie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KristinS
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies