• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Egg Slicer Malfunction: Is This Normal?

In summary, our egg slicers are made with durable materials and are designed to withstand regular use. If your egg slicer is breaking easily, please contact customer service for assistance. To ensure proper slicing, use a gentle back and forth motion and regularly sharpen the blades. While our egg slicers can be used for soft fruits, they may not be suitable for harder foods such as cheese or carrots. To clean, rinse with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly. If rusting occurs, make sure to dry the slicer completely before storing.
Muppetgal
Silver Member
I used my egg slicer today to cut up two mushrooms.

Now the wires on the left hand side (the first three) are slack!! Is this normal? Is there a way to fix it, or should I ask for a replacement?

Will it still cut things? I mainly use mine on strawberries and that's never happened to me. I've never tried a mushroom though. If it's still under warranty, just call customer service and I imagine they'd replace it or send you a replacement part for the wire insert. If it's beyond its warranty, a customer can just purchase a replacement part. It's very easy! :)

I only got my kit on Tuesday, so this was the very FIRST time I'd ever used it!!

:eek:

Mine is like that, as long as it still cuts I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mine has been like that for about a year.You can always replace it later if you need to.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that the wires on your egg slicer are slack. This is not normal and I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and determine if a replacement is necessary. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Happy cooking!

1. Is it normal for my egg slicer to break easily?

No, it is not normal for an egg slicer to break easily. Our egg slicers are made with durable materials and are designed to withstand regular use. If your egg slicer is breaking easily, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

2. Why is my egg slicer not cutting all the way through the egg?

If your egg slicer is not cutting all the way through the egg, it could be due to dull blades or an incorrect slicing technique. Make sure to use a gentle back and forth motion when slicing and regularly sharpen the blades of your egg slicer.

3. Can I use my egg slicer for other types of food?

While our egg slicers are designed specifically for slicing eggs, they can also be used for soft fruits such as strawberries or mushrooms. However, we do not recommend using them on harder foods such as cheese or carrots as this could damage the blades or the slicer itself.

4. How do I clean my egg slicer?

To clean your egg slicer, simply rinse it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly with a clean cloth. Make sure to remove any remaining food debris from the blades and store it in a dry place.

5. My egg slicer is rusting, is this normal?

No, it is not normal for your egg slicer to rust. Our egg slicers are made with rust-resistant materials, but if your slicer is exposed to moisture for extended periods of time, it could lead to rust. Make sure to dry your egg slicer completely before storing it to prevent rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
  • LeanneB.
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • genburk
  • Products and Tips
Replies