• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning an Egg Slicer: Tips for Sticky Bananas!

In summary, to clean an egg slicer after cutting sticky bananas, rinse it under warm water and gently scrub with a soft-bristled brush. It can also be put in the dishwasher, but hand washing is recommended. If residue remains, soak in vinegar or use a baking soda paste before rinsing and scrubbing again. Dry with a clean cloth or air dry and make sure it is completely dry before storing. It is recommended to clean the slicer after each use and give it a deeper clean every few weeks if used frequently.
tiffanypc05
i love the egg slicer but does anyone know an easy way of cleaning it...i mostly use it for bananas b/c i make banana cream brownie squares just about every week but the banana gets stuck on the wires and in between the plastic pieces and it's almost impossible to get clean....Please Help!!!

Easy Clean Kitchen BrushI use the brush to clean it. Gets all the gunk out.

HTH,
Diane

I have the same trouble. Even the dishwasher doesn't get all the gunk out for me. I just keep a brush at the sink that I use to clean it.

You do take it apart right??When I remove the wires it is really easy to clean. Unless I have been lazy and left it without rinsing it overnight! Me...lazy??? :eek: ....NEVER! :D

I buy a toothbrush for mine and clean it with that. I have the same problem

1. How do I clean my egg slicer after cutting sticky bananas?

To clean your egg slicer after cutting sticky bananas, first, rinse it under warm water to remove any excess fruit or residue. Then, use a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush to gently scrub the slicer, especially between the wires. For tougher residue, you can also use a small amount of dish soap. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean cloth or let air dry.

2. Can I put my egg slicer in the dishwasher?

Yes, most egg slicers are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them for better longevity. If you do choose to put it in the dishwasher, make sure to place it in the top rack and avoid using high heat settings.

3. What if the banana residue is still stuck on the slicer after washing it?

If there is still residue left on the slicer after washing, you can try using a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water to soak the slicer for a few minutes before scrubbing it again. The acidity of the vinegar can help break down the residue. Alternatively, you can also use a small amount of baking soda mixed with water to make a paste and apply it to the slicer for a few minutes before rinsing and scrubbing.

4. Is there a specific way to dry the egg slicer after cleaning it?

After cleaning, it is best to dry the egg slicer with a clean cloth or let it air dry. Avoid using paper towels as they can leave lint behind. It is also important to make sure the slicer is completely dry before storing it to prevent any rusting or damage.

5. How often should I clean my egg slicer?

It is recommended to clean your egg slicer after each use, especially if cutting sticky foods like bananas. This will prevent any buildup of residue and ensure the slicer stays in good condition. If you use the slicer frequently, you may also want to give it a deeper clean every few weeks or so.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeanneB.
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
agw
  • DebPC