• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Egg Cooker - Discuss Tips, Complaints, Reviews & Ideas

In summary, this is a great product that can be used for a variety of purposes. Complaints include forgetting the paper towel, and the side that cooks faster than the other. Praise includes quick cooking time, easy cleanup, and delicious scrambled eggs. Ideas include using it for baking, and making scrambled egg sandwiches.
Why does the Care and Maintenance say to only clean with Water? It indicates they don't suggest using Soap or Detergent? Seems like that is unsanitary considering the egg and butter or PAM Spray Residue left behind.

All stoneware suggests to clean with only water. Hot water will sanitize the stoneware just fine. That said, I tell people that if the thought of not using soap on your stoneware ooks you out, use a soapy cloth to wash it. Don't squirt soap directly on the stoneware, and don't let it sit in soapy water.

Rae's answer is spot on. You can also use baking soda and water paste. Pam should not be used on stones as it will clog the exchange of heat and moisture for proper cooking. I also use a "Dobie" pad to also help. In addition, soap and water clean debris. Heat or a chemical (most common is bleach) actually sanitize. But you don't want to use bleach on the stone.

Thanks. I am using Soap on a Foam Sponge to Wash in Hot Water and it seems to be working out fine. As far as Pam I am not sure I understand that since it is oil based just like butter which the manual indicates can be used or other substitutes. I primarily use my egg cooker to Fry my Eggs per say. I will try today without any oil and see if I have any sticking issues, If that works I wont use any oil to cook my eggs or soap to clean just hot water and towel.

Brian, you can use oil or butter, but it is the propellants in the can spray that makes the stone have a brown goo build up. The Oil Spritzer from Pampered Chef gives a spray without he propellants. I had a customer tell me she puts her stones in the dishwasher and never had a problem with soap taste. It does void the warranty and there is a chance the stone could hit another item and it could break. I don't repeat it to customers because I want them to know what Pampered Chef covers.

Thank You! I tried the Fried Egg Method with No Oil and they slid out easily so I will just forgo the Oil. I just rinse with a sponge and a lil dish soap and hot water and towel dry. I love the Egg Cooker and how the Whites get thoroughly cooked and the Yolks are still runny how I like them. 2 Eggs 50 Seconds in a 1100W Microwave. *;o)

Dish soap will leave a soap taste eventually. But that said...it works great! Congratulations on a successful egg!

I bought 2 egg cookers together, one is mine and 2nd are for my cousin. It gives the perfect boiled egg and even I poaches. It is very easy to use as mentioned by others. We will not have wait for switch off, it will be automatically shut off.By the way, I have taken it before reading few post from the site https://foodgear.org/best-egg-cooker-reviews/. If you like, you can simply check out. Forgot to maintain that I can make the boiled eggs in the short period of time and it saves my morning time. I really enjoy my morning time happily with this device.

Can anyone tell me if you can cook broccoli in the egg cooker? Had a customer ask me, but I don't know.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg