• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Egg Cooker - Discuss Tips, Complaints, Reviews & Ideas

In summary, this is a great product that can be used for a variety of purposes. Complaints include forgetting the paper towel, and the side that cooks faster than the other. Praise includes quick cooking time, easy cleanup, and delicious scrambled eggs. Ideas include using it for baking, and making scrambled egg sandwiches.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Egg Cooker. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

Brought it home last night and used it. Love it, but don't forget the paper towel! On a happy note my microwave is all clean now! :)

Paper towel? I didn't realize we were supposed to use one. For all types of egg cooking?I've noticed that when my scrambled eggs are cooking, they grow super huge and rise up amazingly high, but then deflate when it turns off. I'm still trying to figure out the correct cooking time for my microwave. But I'm loving this product.

Yup, the use & care guide shows paper towel wrapped over the stone for all 3 types.

Honestly don't get this one.

Whatevs

Love this product!! I've already made poached eggs and fried eggs. My family ate them and loved the way they tasted! I love quick cooking time, the clean up...water and the fact that my fried eggs were tasty with a scant of butter...really barely any.

I see this as my top seller for anyone...especially those that already own everything. These guests are going to love this!

I posted it Facebook and sold two right off the bat!

I have not seen it used, but 2 of my consultant friends say it is wonderful.

Love it!!!!

I have to admit I've gone back to scrambling my egg in the morning in my Gen II skillet instead of using this piece. I couldn't get the timing right and my egg was always overdone. I tried like 30 seconds and it was underdone so I added time but just don't care for the texture. I have tried all 3 styles. My poached egg was kinda shrunk and over cooked.

Use it every morning to make my Sausage/Egg bagels to take to work for breakfast.

Just got the egg cooker this past weekend and it is amazing. In the movie spanglish there was this BLT sandwich that adam sandler made with eggs over easy and I made it on sunday and let me tell you it was fabulous. I used my ridge baker for my bacon and the egg cooker for my eggs. AWESOME!!!!

I haven't used it yet, but my husband has used it every other day! He's done poached (his favorite) and fried. And the best thing is...he's doing it in the morning and not me! LOL

This is an amazing piece of stoneware!! But everytime I show it everyone calls it a dog bowl :(

Must be something wrong with me, I just am not loving it. I do frequently make egg, cheese and bacon bagels on a mini bagel and when I do I microwave the egg but if I am just having a scrambled egg and toast for breakfast I prefer a good old skillet cooked egg!

love it!
We've used it every day in our family.

Here's another idea for it. These cakes are delicious and very moist.
1 box of any flavor cake mix
1 box of angel food cake mix.
Mix these together and store in air tight container.
When you need a single serving (or two) dessert this is perfect
Measure out 1/3 cup of mix into small bowl
Add 3 TBSP water and whisk together
Pour into one side of egg maker
Microwave 1 minute uncovered.
Top with any type of pie filling or fresh fruit and cool whip or just
Powdered sugar.
Two make two microwave 1 min 30 seconds

I giggled when I read the dog bowl comment. At our launch we thought it looked like a stoneware bra. But I am really enjoying it.

Just got it today & used it to make fried eggs! Worked GREAT! Love this!

Finally used this and gotta say LOVE IT!!!!! Made scrambled eggs in a little over a minute. They were perfectly cooked and fluffy as can be! And cleanup? Easy, breezy! Might make omelets for lunch today.

I'm extremely excited about this product because I only have a small dorm room sized microwave. The DCB won't fit in it :( BUT anyways, I am able to use the Microwave Egg Cooker if I take the rotating plate out. I've found though that I do have to rotate the eggs every minute because one side will cook faster than the other. I also have to say that I've forgotten the paper towel every time. I've been making scrambled egg sandwiches for my entire family and they all love it. I only put one egg in each side, cook and when they are done I sandwich the cheese between the two egg pieces.

Totally agree with the people who love this! "Scrambled" egg sandwiches, "fried" eggs over easy. I haven't tried poached yet. Maybe this weekend.​

sailorsarah said:
I giggled when I read the dog bowl comment. At our launch we thought it looked like a stoneware bra. But I am really enjoying it.
Exactly what I thought, kind of a Wonder Woman in the stoneage look!

:) My kids hate it.....and although I love it I don't use it anymore. We like our white completely hard and yolk runny and you can't get that with the egg cooker. I attempted Poached eggs but that isn't working either. So its my cabinet and I will probably just give it away.

I do like the convenience of it and my kids loved that the eggs seemed more moist when they came out. However, I have a professional series microwave and absolutely love it, but my eggs take longer to cook than what the use & care guide says and what another consultant friend of mine said hers takes.

I don't know if something's up with my microwave or what. Any thoughts?

Used it this morning and my kids loved it. Made breakfast sandwiches sooo fast!

At our meeting they cooked 2 eggs in one and 1 in the other for 3 minutes. They came out hard boiled- no peeling egg shells.

Next to the DCB, this is my favorite product. Love it!

Just tried this for poached eggs- made one in each. So easy and they turned out great! Cooked for 1:45 for runny yellows. So fast compared to waiting for water to boil on the stove.

EVERY time I've used this, the egg explodes before it reaches 30 seconds.....doesn't matter how I cook it....scrambled, poached, fried....it's the same every time....so it's in the box in the closet because I am tired of scrubbing the microwave :p

Apple crisp... in the MICROWAVE IN 3 MINUTES!
1 apple cored and cut in half- then slice and put 1/2 in each side
packet of instant oatmeal divided in each side
sprinkle with cinnamon, oatmeal and top with a tsp. of butter. microwave for about 3mins - delish!

Apple Crips in egg cooker.jpg

You can also make individual cakes in the microwave egg cooker

carlajanes said:
EVERY time I've used this, the egg explodes before it reaches 30 seconds.....doesn't matter how I cook it....scrambled, poached, fried....it's the same every time....so it's in the box in the closet because I am tired of scrubbing the microwave :p
Instructions say to wrap a papertowel around the cooker before you put it in the microwave. My first couple of eggs exploded but I haven't had that trouble in a while. I am cooking scrambled and making thin bagel sandwiches a couple of times a week.

I did put a paper towel around it.....I followed the directions to a tee....oh well....I'll try again one day ;)

Since hubby only eats eggs once a week and I never eat them. I have been trying a different egg type each week. Today was the final variety- fried.
Hubby just ate them and said they were the best friend eggs he's ever had because they were fluffy. I have also been careful to tuck the paper towel under the egg cooker and make sure it covers the whole well area, so if there is an explosion during cooking- it's absorbed by the paper towel.
I think it's fabulous!

I used my Boil Over no more this morning over my egg cooker instead of a Papertowel (bit of a tree hugger, don't like using a lot of papertowels!) and it worked great. I heard my egg pop but didn't worry I was going to have a mess in the microwave!

Last night I spritzed 2 6" tortillas with olive oil spray, poked them with a fork and patted them down into the egg wells. Microwave on high - my micro is 3 minutes. Out come perfect single serving tortilla bowls ..... think butter/cinnamon and you have a perfect dessert shell :)

My local hospitality NED sent this to the group. I'm not sure who created it initially, probably someone on here, but I didn't see it in the files, so I hope you don't mind me sharing it.

NOTE: be sure to change the consultant contact details located in the document Footer and on the first page.

Attachments

• Egg Cooker Booklet.doc
    788.5 KB · Views: 889
Thanks for sharing!

Breakfast BurritoLooks good.

breakfast burrito8972778_n.jpg

Mac and Cheese in Egg CookerNo heating up the kitchen!

egg cooker.jpg

Oh do you have an after shot of the mac n cheese? How long did you cook it for?

Not my pic or recipe. Go ahead and make it and please post a pic of finished dish.

This is awesome!! Thanks for sharing.

I am using my egg cooker tonight to cook my Acorn Squash. Cutting it in half- they fit perfectly in the wells of the EC! :)
I am cooking it in my oven (have to be careful in placing it though...smaller bottoms with my wide-slat racks. a small baking sheet might be needed)

esavvymom said:
I am using my egg cooker tonight to cook my Acorn Squash. Cutting it in half- they fit perfectly in the wells of the EC! :)
I am cooking it in my oven (have to be careful in placing it though...smaller bottoms with my wide-slat racks. a small baking sheet might be needed)
Darn! I have acorn squash in the oven right now! I did not see your post until just now.Great idea! I will try it next time. :)

Great idea! Bobbi!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates