• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Challenges in My First Month of Pampered Chef Business

In summary, the author is having a hard time getting bookings for her Pampered Chef business. She has been leaving catalogs all over, has a catalog tote, and is going to drop off older catalogs. She is trying a new approach, by making a batch of brownies and taking them to local businesses. She follows up a week later. If she doesn't get an order or show, she still smiles and says she will give the business card.
CarlyK
I am having one heck of a time in my first month. My family isn't very supportive of my Pampered Chef business so they have been a no-go with helping me at all. My fiance is supportive and we have been trying to brainstorm together ideas on how to get some bookings. So far I have none. I have been leaving catalogs everywhere, I have the catalog tote that is now my purse, I have sent information to places around me, and I am going to go and drop off some of the older catalogs that I got around the homes near me.
I had planned on having an open-house, but my apartment complex will not allow this. This is a new area to me, I don't know anyone, I don't have any family in the area, my daughter isn't old enough to be in any activities, and my fiance is disabled, so he doesn't work.
I feel like I am going crazy. I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do. Has anyone else ever encountered this? And how did you manage to overcome this.
I feel like I am putting a lot into this, I'm so excited about it, but I am just at a loss for what to do.

Try thisHere is a list that helped me think outside the box. Give it a try

Attachments

• 82 ways to get bookings.doc
    28 KB · Views: 688
I had a similar situation when I started because my family does not live anywhere near us. So I understand your plight.I like to call this "sampling". :D What I did was make a batch of brownies using the recipe on the small bar stoneware pan. I then put several on paper plates and took them to local businesses. I went in, introduced myself," Hi, I'm so and so. I'm the new Pampered Chef lady in town and I thought you could use a pick me up. I brought you some brownines." By this time, they are smelling the brownies, they hear Pampered Chef and are saying," Oh I love Pampered Chef"! I tell them,"These brownies were made in the small bar stoneware pan" then they take over and say how they love the stoneware, etc! I hand them a flyer of the current month host special, "Here's what's on sale at 60% off this month." I leave that with them. If they ask, I leave them a catalog, but usually a small catalog, not the big one!
Then I follow up a week later. If I don't get an order or a show, I still smile and say that if you need anything here's my card. But I still check in with them on a monthly basis, usually because I go there for business anyway! Like the cleaners, utilites, insurance, bank, grocery, florist, massage, hair salon, etc. Even places that I usually don't frequent, I still pop in every once in a while and they really appreciate the gesture. "Gee nobody ever brought me snacks before!" :) And remember: what you do today, you will see in 60 days!! So you may not get immediate results, but they will remember you and at some point you will get bookings! It has worked wonders for me! I'm busy every month and when I'm not, I get back to "sampling".

1. How can I stay motivated during my first month as a Pampered Chef consultant?

One way to stay motivated is to set realistic goals for yourself and celebrate when you achieve them. It's also important to surround yourself with a supportive community of other consultants who can offer advice and encouragement. Lastly, remember why you joined Pampered Chef in the first place and keep that passion in mind.

2. What are some common challenges that new Pampered Chef consultants face?

Some common challenges include learning the product line, building a customer base, and managing time effectively. It's important to not get discouraged and to reach out to your mentor or other consultants for help and guidance.

3. How can I effectively manage my time as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

Start by creating a schedule and sticking to it. Plan out your tasks for each day and prioritize them. Utilize tools such as the Pampered Chef app to streamline your business tasks. Also, don't forget to schedule in time for self-care to avoid burnout.

4. What resources are available to help me overcome challenges in my first month as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources for new consultants, including training and support from your mentor, online training courses and webinars, and a community of consultants to connect with. You can also reach out to the home office for assistance.

5. How can I build a solid customer base as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

Start by reaching out to your personal network and hosting a launch party. Utilize social media to showcase your products and host virtual parties. Partner with local businesses or organizations to host events and reach a wider audience. Lastly, offer excellent customer service to keep your clients coming back.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinforyou
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cookinforyou
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • completelychristie