• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stumped on Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal - Help!

In summary, the customer called asking how to get the bottle top out of the container of the easy opener. The guest said that the top should not get stuck in the "hole" and that it is easy to take off with the easy opener. The guest suggests trying to thread the top back onto the bottle or another similar one and then pull the opener off and take the lid back off by hand.
beepampered
A guest asked how to get the bottle top out of the container of the easy opener. I don't have one so can't help her. Any suggestions.

(This is the guest I made the "mistake" of calling to see if everything was all right with her order and now I'm her personal "solve all PC products." I'm beggining to regret that phone call as I can't answer any of her questions.)

Bee, I don't understand her problem. "how to get the bottle top out of the container of the easy opener" There isn't a "container" on the easy opener unless she means the round hole. There shouldn't be any way that the top would get stuck in the "hole", it's not that deep. If I understand you correctly, she is using the round hole part to open bottles (like 2 ltrs). You just place it on the top and twist. The top is loosened and then you finish unscrewing it. It can't get stuck inside the easy opener :confused:

I'd call her back and ask her what she has been opening and how it is getting stuck. I use my easy opener all the time and nothing has ever gotten stuck in any of the openings!

Thank you Lisa. So you just pull the top out, right? I guess it's just too hard for her to pull out. She has several "problems" that seem to be user issues and I'm having a hard time understanding why she thinks everything is broken.

I was thinking the same thing Lisa.

I would suggest if she has a top stuck in there right now that she try to thread it back onto the bottle she got it off of or a similar one just a little then pull the opener off and take the lid back off by hand. Sheesh some people, lol.

I have some guests like this! They call me with these weird questions, then don't believe me when I tell them it is a "user error" in nicer wording, of course!

Hey, at least they are loyal customers! Why not do a fix-it class where they bring all their problems at one time and then buy more stuff! You can showcase the cookware and how it is pretty much impossible to destroy it....sales could be good!

Should I really showcase that people have products that aren't working? It could be good if I can solve the problem, but I would be worried that I couldn't figure out the problem and look clueless!

Bottle caps (like from beer bottles, etc) DO get stuck in the easy opener from time to time... when this happens, I just tap in on the counter and it falls right out. easy peasy :cool:

soccermama said:
Bottle caps (like from beer bottles, etc) DO get stuck in the easy opener from time to time... when this happens, I just tap in on the counter and it falls right out. easy peasy :cool:

Okay, let's give the customer the benefit of the doubt :) I don't drink beer so have never used the easy opener to take off that type of cap. I can see how something that small could get stuck. I have only used it to take off 2 ltr lids that are about 1/2 to 3/4 inch deep.....beer tops are not that big.

I like the idea of a "problem/solution" time at a show. I don't think I would make it the whole show because it would seem to be focusing on the negative but you can poll the guests before the show starts (or have the host ask when she does her reminder calls). Find out what they have trouble with (usually measure all, mandoline, a/p/c/s, food chopper, etc) and address those problems as you demo or do a special demo while the food cooks.

I think the guests would really appreciate that you are making an effort to help them.

I've never had any luck with it on 2-ltr bottles.... no idea why... LOL Of course, it's very rare that I buy 2-ltr bottles, so it doesn't matter to me! ;)

gilliandanielle said:
Should I really showcase that people have products that aren't working? It could be good if I can solve the problem, but I would be worried that I couldn't figure out the problem and look clueless!

Have them all describe the problem in advance, put comments on index cards for each tool, have them bring the tools in a paper bag and drop the tools in a box as they come in, and then you could read off the index card what the problem was and show how to properly use the tool. This way no one knows whose tool belongs to whom and if there is a roomful of other people confused about their tools no one has to feel bad. Then when they leave, only one person can go into the room where the box is to grab their bag with their tool(s) at a time.

What is the Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal tool?

The Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal tool is a product from Pampered Chef that helps you easily remove bottle tops, such as those found on soda bottles, beer bottles, and water bottles.

How does the Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal tool work?

The Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal tool works by using a unique design that grips onto the bottle top and allows you to easily twist it off without any strenuous effort. Simply place the tool over the bottle top, press down, and twist!

Can the Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal tool be used on all types of bottle tops?

Yes, the Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal tool is designed to work on all types of bottle tops, including plastic, metal, and even twist-off caps.

Is the Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal tool safe to use?

Yes, the Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal tool is completely safe to use. It is made with high-quality materials and has been rigorously tested to ensure it is safe for use in the kitchen.

How do I clean the Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal tool?

The Easy Opener Bottle Top Removal tool can be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. It is also top-rack dishwasher safe, making it convenient and easy to clean after use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • TWhipple
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • pampchefsarah