• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DIY Christmas Fudge Gifts Under $5!

In summary, Ingrid made christmas fudge using new choco and caramel chips that burned and milk chocolate that didn't. She recommends using semi-sweet chips.
luvs2sellit
Just had to share what I did with the fudge. I went to michaels and bought small white candy boxes, christmas themed mini muffin liners and 1inch wide christmas ribbon. I made the fudge and squeezed a cute rosette into each muffin liner and then topped it off with a nut. I put 12 in each box (6 on bottom, 6 on top). I then tied a red and white ribbon around the box and made gift cards for each. I passed these out as teacher and faculty gifts this morning. I gave out 11 boxes and had a total of $20 in supplies. You can't beat that. For those of you with kids you know it is hard to find a nice little something to give the teachers for less than $5. I did it for 1.81 !! In fact this year I was able to give the office staff a gift as well. Merry Christmas!! :D

great idea. I have used that same 2 minute fudge recipe to make all sorts of other flavors... most recently white chocolate cranberry with pretzels. (really good the same day, then the prezels get a little soft) rocky road, white choco peppermint, and peanut butter are my favorites

What a neat idea! I wish we had places like Michaels and Hobby Lobby close to where I live to have easy access. I may have to try that sometime in the near future to see how it turns out!

Could you all post some recipes for your fudge? I only know how to make the PB version. If you all could give me some ideas I'd really appreciate it. This fudge is really easy to make. This christmas is VERY tight for us. Especially since we are already hosting a Mystery Host show at home on Saturday! We had some unexpected bills pop up after the gift list was set. Now, we are just trying to get the gifts and essentials bought. Looking toward the New Year and hoping for some financial relief in the form of a raise and promotion for the hubby!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

For the fudge, it is all the same, whatever flavor you want. One bag of chips and one can of frosting. Then I just add extras. Melt the chips in the micro for about a minute, then stir in frosting and extras. YUMMY

Rocky Road= choco chip and choco frosting+ nuts and mini marshmallows
peppermint= white chips and vanilla frosting+ chopped up mini candy canes
Peanut butter= peanutbutter chips and vanilla frosting+ chopped nuts
White choco cranberry pretel= you guessed it white chips vanilla frosting dried cranberries and chopped up pretzels.

I'm sure with all the new flavored chips that are out now you could do a ton of different combinations.

Sometimes I make these up ahead of time and take them as a little extra for my hostesses.

Just a heads up. I posted this before but thought I would again. I tried to make this fudge with the new caramel and chocolate chips. They burnt!! I also tried several times with just milk chocolate chips and they burnt as well. The semi sweet melt perfect. I don't know why this happens because I have read that several of you use other kinds of chips. :confused:

What are the ingredients needed for DIY Christmas fudge gifts under $5?

The ingredients needed for DIY Christmas fudge gifts under $5 include sugar, cocoa powder, butter, milk, and vanilla extract. You can also add in other ingredients like nuts, dried fruit, or peppermint extract for added flavor and texture.

How do I make DIY Christmas fudge gifts under $5?

To make DIY Christmas fudge gifts under $5, start by melting butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Then, add in sugar and milk and stir until combined. Next, add in cocoa powder and continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add in vanilla extract. Pour the fudge mixture into a greased pan and let it cool before cutting into squares.

What type of packaging should I use for DIY Christmas fudge gifts under $5?

For DIY Christmas fudge gifts under $5, you can use simple packaging like plastic bags, mason jars, or festive tins. You can also get creative and use holiday-themed paper or ribbon to wrap up the fudge for a more personalized touch.

How long will DIY Christmas fudge gifts under $5 stay fresh?

If stored in an airtight container, DIY Christmas fudge gifts under $5 can stay fresh for up to 2 weeks at room temperature. You can also store them in the fridge for up to a month. Just make sure to let the fudge come to room temperature before serving.

Can I customize DIY Christmas fudge gifts under $5 for dietary restrictions?

Yes, you can customize DIY Christmas fudge gifts under $5 for dietary restrictions. For a dairy-free option, you can use coconut oil instead of butter and almond milk instead of regular milk. For a gluten-free option, make sure to use gluten-free ingredients. You can also use sugar substitutes like honey or maple syrup for a healthier alternative. Just make sure to inform the recipient of any dietary restrictions in the packaging.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mldowney69
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Shawnna