• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Quick and Delicious Sweet Treat? Try This Fool-Proof Fudge Recipe!

In summary, a quick/easy fudge recipes out there that is fool proof??? LOL If not any other quick yet YUMMY sweet treats? Not the tortes because I do not have that pan (I know I need to get with the times and buy one) but I am wanting something fast, easy, COST FRIENDLY but something that is just too yummy also!?!?!? I found a few pies but they take a little longer to make and when I am doing a main course plus a sweet item I need that to be quick! I like doing the cheery cheesecake pockets, but a few ladies that will be at my show had this before so I need to change the menu this time!
PamperedCaniac
A quick/easy fudge recipes out there that is fool proof??? LOL If not any other quick yet YUMMY sweet treats? Not the tortes because I do not have that pan (I know I need to get with the times and buy one) but I am wanting something fast, easy, COST FRIENDLY but something that is just too yummy also!?!?!? I found a few pies but they take a little longer to make and when I am doing a main course plus a sweet item I need that to be quick! I like doing the cheery cheesecake pockets, but a few ladies that will be at my show had this before so I need to change the menu this time!

Do the Two-Step Fudge:A can of frosting + a bag of chocolate chips melted in the micro-cooker. Then, let cool (perhaps in a small bar pan w/parchment paper). Then, slice and serve with the mini-serving spatula.

Use the same recipe let cool 5 minutes or so and put in EAD with the star tip. You can then make pretty (like Brach stars) fudge. I have been doing this for the last couple shows with great results.

You guys are FABULOUS!! I knew there was an easy fudge recipe on here but could not remember the name or how to make!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I think the frosting version of the fudge is disgusting.:yuck: and wouldn't eat it if it was given to me! - sorry, I know it's a PC recipe, but it's just yuck - tastes nothing like real fudge.

Just as easy, and tastes MUCH better is 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk melted with 1 bag of chocolate chips. After it's melted, stir in 1/2 teas. of vanilla. Pour into a pan lined with buttered foil or parchment.

You can also sub any kind of chips you'd like - PB, or the Chocolate Mint ones that are out for Christmas. I like to melt in 1/2 cup of peanut butter when I'm melting the choc. chips and milk together. Yummy!

The Cranberry Crunch Bark from last year is also really good.

I was thinking about the bark too! :)

Not quite as quick, but still pretty quick and easy are the peppermint fudge cookies in the current SB.

Or the truffle brownie cups, which are one of my favourites for being quick and easy and so yummy! (You could even pre-make the ganache to keep it even quicker and use the EAD to fill them). They look and taste so impressive, but are so simple.

Racheal Ray has a 5 minute fudge that is fool proof, easy and outstanding. I have never been able to make fudge until I saw her on Oprah a few years ago and I have been making it every holiday since and people love it :)

This si making a wreath, but I just pour it in a 8X8 pan and let it chill.

1 bag semisweet chocolate morsels (12 ounces)

9 ounces butterscotch morsels (3/4 of a 12 ounce bag)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 can or package of walnut halves (8 ounces)

1/2 cup currants (a couple handfuls)
8-inch cake pan, lightly greased with softened butter
Candied red and green cherries, for garnish (optional)
PreparationPlace a heavy pot on the stove and pre-heat it over low heat. Add chocolate and butterscotch morsels and milk and stir until morsels are melted and milk is combined. Save the empty condensed milk can. Stir in the vanilla and remove the fudge from heat. Add the nuts and currants and stir in immediately.

Cover the empty condensed milk can with plastic wrap and center it in the greased cake pan. Spoon fudge into pan around can, making sure to center the can if it drifts.

The fudge will set up almost immediately. Garnish can only be added in the first minute or two that the fudge is in the pan, so work quickly. Decorate your wreath with "holly" made from cut candied red and green cherries. A wreath left plain can be garnished with a pretty fabric bow when serving.

Chill covered in the refrigerator. Slice the fudge very thin when ready to serve – a little goes a long way!

Here's the recipe I use to make fudge:

JELL-O® CHOCOLATE PUDDING FUDGE

15 minute prep plus refrigerating

1 package (8 squares) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, divided
1/3 cup water
1 package (4 serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
3 cups powdered sugar

MICROWAVE 4 of the chocolate squares, 6 Tbsp. of the butter and water in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted; stir. Add dry pudding mix; stir until well blended.
ADD powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, stirring until well blended after each addition. Press into foil-lined 8-inch square pan.
MICROWAVE remaining 4 chocolate squares and 2 Tbsp. butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1½ minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over pudding mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.

Cut into 48 (1 inch) squares. Makes 24 servings, 2 squares each.

Storage Know-How:
Store cut-up fudge between sheets of wax paper in airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.

ChefBeckyD said:
I think the frosting version of the fudge is disgusting.:yuck: and wouldn't eat it if it was given to me! - sorry, I know it's a PC recipe, but it's just yuck - tastes nothing like real fudge.

I never said it was good..just quick. ;)

The best fudge I ever had was from Paula Deen and was made with Velveeta. Strange, but true!

ChefBeckyD said:

Just as easy, and tastes MUCH better is 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk melted with 1 bag of chocolate chips. After it's melted, stir in 1/2 teas. of vanilla. Pour into a pan lined with buttered foil or parchment.

You can also sub any kind of chips you'd like - PB, or the Chocolate Mint ones that are out for Christmas. I like to melt in 1/2 cup of peanut butter when I'm melting the choc. chips and milk together. Yummy!

Can you put this one in the EAD to make the stars or does it have to go in a pan to cool? I've also head of putting the other fudge in the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan, but those would be huge servings, you would have to cut up to serve.....

My favorite fudge is called "Easy-Do Fudge"3 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pecan pieces (optional)Combine sugar, milk & butter in a large heavy saucepan. Heat to boiling. Stir constantly about 5 minutes over medium heat or until mixtures reaches soft ball stage (238 degrees). Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients & stir vigorously until well blended. Pour into buttered 9 x 13 pan. Cool & cut into squares. Makes about 3 lbs of fudge.

leftymac said:
I never said it was good..just quick. ;)

The best fudge I ever had was from Paula Deen and was made with Velveeta. Strange, but true!

ha ha ha
Thanks.... I better make something good though! LOL LOL

merego said:
Racheal Ray has a 5 minute fudge that is fool proof, easy and outstanding. I have never been able to make fudge until I saw her on Oprah a few years ago and I have been making it every holiday since and people love it :)

PreparationPlace a heavy pot on the stove and pre-heat it over low heat. Add chocolate and butterscotch morsels and milk and stir until morsels are melted and milk is combined. Save the empty condensed milk can. Stir in the vanilla and remove the fudge from heat. Add the nuts and currants and stir in immediately.

Cover the empty condensed milk can with plastic wrap and center it in the greased cake pan. Spoon fudge into pan around can, making sure to center the can if it drifts.

The fudge will set up almost immediately. Garnish can only be added in the first minute or two that the fudge is in the pan, so work quickly. Decorate your wreath with "holly" made from cut candied red and green cherries. A wreath left plain can be garnished with a pretty fabric bow when serving.

Chill covered in the refrigerator. Slice the fudge very thin when ready to serve – a little goes a long way!

Meredith, this sounds delish! Do I HAVE to use the currants though? I only like plain fudge and occasionally nuts. If I skip the currants do I need to increase the nuts or anything else? Also, could I use pecans instead of walnuts (I find walnuts can be bitter sometimes)?

kcjodih said:
Meredith, this sounds delish! Do I HAVE to use the currants though? I only like plain fudge and occasionally nuts. If I skip the currants do I need to increase the nuts or anything else? Also, could I use pecans instead of walnuts (I find walnuts can be bitter sometimes)?

I am allergic to nuts, so I don't use any nuts whatsoever and I don't use the currants either. Those are just some options if you are making the wreath. When I have done the wreath, I didn't use currants. HTH let me know if I am not making sense, that happens :)

I forgot to clarify you can use any type of chips.
I use all choc and skip the butterscotch, I have done all butterscotch, I have done choc and peanutbutter chips ( my husband loves that, I don't eat peanut butter, but I can handle the chips, my allergy is not that extreme)

You can do any combo you'd like :)

Thanks girlfriend! I think I"m going to try it Wednesday (not tomorrow, it's my bday and I"m doing NOTHING woohoo!) and then I'll try the others posted. YUMMO, can't wait!

kcjodih said:
Thanks girlfriend! I think I"m going to try it Wednesday (not tomorrow, it's my bday and I"m doing NOTHING woohoo!) and then I'll try the others posted. YUMMO, can't wait!

No problem.... Have a great birthday :):balloon::balloon:

merego said:
No problem.... Have a great birthday :):balloon::balloon:

Thanks hun!

Can someone tell me what size bag of chips you are using for either the fudge with frosting or the fudge with condensed milk? I buy in bulk from Sam's and need the correct amount. It can be in ounces or cups as I have a kitchen scale. I think I will make a batch today to take to a party tonight on the Christmas plates as an idea for gift giving.

I believe it is usually a 12 oz. bag. I know that's what I use in my recipe.

A standard bag of candy chips is 2 cups.

I am starving over here!!! LOL I need to go to the store and make some fudge now!

I do the two ingredient fudge in the EAD.. but I use way more chips and less frosting... otherwise, it tastes too much like frosting. More like 1 bag of chips to 1/2 - 2/3 tub of frosting.

I have also found that the 2 ing fudge tasted better using Betty crocker frosting and I use semi sweet chips.

merego said:

One more question....if I want chocolate only fudge does this mean 21 oz of choc chips (12 oz plus replacing 3/4 bag of butterscotch) ? I ask, because Becky's recipe mentiones one can sweetened condensed milk and only one bag choc chips so now I'm confused. I sooo want some YUMMY fudge! I didn't get to it this past week but it's on my agenda for tomorrow night. I'm heading to the store in the morning.

kcjodih said:
One more question....if I want chocolate only fudge does this mean 21 oz of choc chips (12 oz plus replacing 3/4 bag of butterscotch) ? I ask, because Becky's recipe mentiones one can sweetened condensed milk and only one bag choc chips so now I'm confused. I sooo want some YUMMY fudge! I didn't get to it this past week but it's on my agenda for tomorrow night. I'm heading to the store in the morning.

Try the recipe I gave for chocolate only. It's very smooth and creamy. I guess if you want to add more chips, it would be fine to do so - the texture would just be closer to choco chips.

I often add some peanut butter to mine. :)

leftymac said:
Do the Two-Step Fudge:

A can of frosting + a bag of chocolate chips melted in the micro-cooker. Then, let cool (perhaps in a small bar pan w/parchment paper). Then, slice and serve with the mini-serving spatula.

I did this at the Kids in the Kitchen Workshop on Saturday and EVERYONE loved it! It makes tons too!

looks good. saving for drooling over later. thanks!

I make the Rachael Ray one. As a matter of fact, I'm serving it at my Grinch Party this evening. I find that the butterscotch chips simply mellow the chocolate a bit. It doesn't taste butterscotchy at all. I don't make it as a wreath because I'm cutting it into pieces to serve. I just use a square pan.This time I used orange extract instead of vanilla and craisins instead of currants to make orange cranberry fudge. It's tasty.

What ingredients do I need to make easy fudge?

To make easy fudge, you will need 3 cups of chocolate chips, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup of butter, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Can I use different types of chocolate for the fudge?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, such as dark, milk, or white chocolate. You can also mix different types of chocolate for a unique flavor.

How do I make the fudge without a stovetop?

You can make the fudge in the microwave by melting the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. Then stir in the vanilla extract and pour into a pan to set.

What other ingredients can I add to the fudge for extra flavor?

You can add nuts, dried fruit, crushed cookies, or candies to the fudge for extra texture and flavor. You can also swirl in peanut butter, caramel, or marshmallow fluff for a delicious twist.

How should I store the fudge?

The fudge can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. You can also freeze the fudge for up to three months, just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe container.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
taterbug
Replies
Views
jnsr96