• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Electric Veggie Steaming: Success on My First Try!

In summary, the author used their steamer to steam broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, and green beans. They also steamed frozen corn. They thought it was cool that their 5-year-old took it to play with.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I used mine for the first time last night. I have an electric one that is such a PITA. There are so many pieces to it that have to be cleaned, assembled, take up room, etc. I made broccoli and cauliflower in it. It turned out really great and so easy to use! Although DH, who didn't read the instructions, kept telling me how to do it. Good thing I didn't listen to him or they would have been raw!

Allison can you explain what you did? ex: how long it took, which piece of cookware did you use?

The best part is the insert that comes with you tells you how to do everything. It gives you 5-6 different styles of pan to use plus the amount of water to use. There is also a guide for certain veggies and how long to cook them. I just used what was suggested.

I've used mine for broccoli, Wonton Purses (from the SBRC) and spinach. They were super easy, and came out great!

After the first time I used my I hand washed it and dried it right away. I Have a GAINT rust spot on it now. Any one else have this happen?

I haven't tried mine yet, but hope to this weekend:)!

forkatieb said:
After the first time I used my I hand washed it and dried it right away. I Have a GAINT rust spot on it now. Any one else have this happen?
I LOVE my steamer and I've hand- and dishwasher washed it with no problems. I suggest you contact HO about the rust. If nothing else, they need to know there may be a problem with them.

I let my parents borrow mine to see what it was like (they were going to go buy one at the store and I had just received mine), so apparently they love it because they've had it for about 2 weeks... mentioned it last night to my mom and she started telling me all of the times they use it... so, I guess when she orders her new one from her show next week, I'll just keep it, and then maybe I'll get to try it out too! :)

forkatieb said:

I noticed a little rust forming on the bottom. I just cleaned it and dried it really well.

I have a customer that wants to know what other recipes she can use this for....any ideas/suggestions????? She's done the wonton purses.

c00p said:
I have a customer that wants to know what other recipes she can use this for....any ideas/suggestions????? She's done the wonton purses.
I use mine to steam veggies! Love these steamed:Broccoli
Sugar Snap Peas (my favorite to steam!)
Cauliflower
Green BeansI had some frozen corn on the cob, the small half-ears, and I steamed those...very good!Oh - and my almost 5 yr old keeps taking it to play with, because he says it's the best spaceship. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - and my almost 5 yr old keeps taking it to play with, because he says it's the best spaceship. :)

How cool! Tell him I said thanks! I wasn't going to invest in it for a while as I just use my micro-cooker, but think I'm going to have to buy it now for my 6 y.o. son! Don't you just love the way they see the world?

What is the Easy Electric Veggie Steaming product?

The Easy Electric Veggie Steaming product is a kitchen tool designed to make steaming vegetables quick and effortless. It consists of a base unit with a water reservoir and a steaming basket on top. The basket can hold a variety of vegetables and the base unit provides the perfect amount of steam to cook them to perfection.

How does the Easy Electric Veggie Steaming product work?

The product works by filling the water reservoir with the recommended amount of water and then placing the desired vegetables in the steaming basket. The base unit is then turned on and the steam will begin to cook the vegetables. The steam is controlled by a timer that can be set to the desired cooking time.

What are the benefits of using the Easy Electric Veggie Steaming product?

There are several benefits to using this product. First, it is a healthier way to cook vegetables as it preserves more nutrients compared to other cooking methods. It also saves time and effort as there is no need to constantly monitor the stove or oven. The product is also easy to clean and can be stored easily due to its compact size.

Can I steam other foods besides vegetables with this product?

Yes, you can steam a variety of foods with this product. Some other options include fish, chicken, and even rice. The steaming basket is large enough to hold a single serving of protein, making it a versatile tool for cooking healthy meals.

Is the Easy Electric Veggie Steaming product easy to use for a beginner cook?

Yes, this product is very user-friendly and easy to use even for beginner cooks. The instructions are simple and the product itself is designed to make the steaming process effortless. As long as the recommended guidelines for water and cooking times are followed, anyone can achieve success with this product on their first try.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
Replies
Views
Dayna
  • topchef.heather
  • General Chat
Replies