• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Caramel Rolls: Easy Recipe with BIG Tip!

In summary, the Easy Caramel Rolls with the new Sweet Caramel Sprinkle from Pillsbury were a big hit with the hosts last night. The taste was good, but the presentation was not very good. Several people have already made them and they all report good results. However, Ann was right - you do have to bake them, even if you freeze them.
stayinathomemama
Gold Member
Has anyone made the easy caramel rolls with the new sweet caramel sprinkle? We had them for desert last night. BIG TIP: Only use Pillsbury crescent rolls. I had some generic ones that a host gave me (I make the crust and she reimburses me) and they fell apart horribly. The taste is good... presentation? I'm going to try a few different things. Anyone else made these yet?

Oh, yeah. A bunch of us who got samples of both flavors at conference made them. There's a whole thread about them. YUM!!!

stayinathomemama said:
Has anyone made the easy caramel rolls with the new sweet caramel sprinkle? We had them for desert last night. BIG TIP: Only use Pillsbury crescent rolls. I had some generic ones that a host gave me (I make the crust and she reimburses me) and they fell apart horribly. The taste is good... presentation? I'm going to try a few different things. Anyone else made these yet?

I sooooooooo agree! When I was having hosts do their shopping, I would always STRESS Pillsbury for the rolls or pizza crust. The store brand just stinks! (and I am ALL for saving $$$!!:eek: )

Here is one of the many posts talking about the rolls...I was discussing how you could use the biscuits and show off our cookware in this post:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=23540

I add chopped apples and do like kelly and use the pull apart breads because it showcases our awesome cookware. Gotta get those points.

Oh that reminds me......I froze half of them unbaked when I made them. I'll have to thaw them in the morning and see how they turn out. You guys were supposed to remind me about that!

These are so good! I can't wait to do these at shows next month and sell lots of sprinkles and skillets!

My hubby didn't like the texture of the sprinkles...he said he's not used to biting into chunks in his cinnamon rolls. Otherwise, the flavor was good.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh that reminds me......I froze half of them unbaked when I made them. I'll have to thaw them in the morning and see how they turn out. You guys were supposed to remind me about that!
Here's the verdict: Don't freeze them, just make the entire bach and eat them.

I made the entire recipe a few weeks ago and froze half of them unbaked. I cut and sliced the rest of them then wrapped them in plastic wrap and froze them. Thawed them this morning and baked them. They taste fine (not as good as the fresh ones), they are just flat and didn't puff up when they baked.

and lastly....listen carefully here....Ann was right....you have to go ahead and bake this kind of dough - something about when you break open the package and the rising whatever stuff that's in them.

....Ann is so smart!

Linda, you just made my day. Thanks. :)

chefann said:
Linda, you just made my day. Thanks. :)
You are welcome. I'd say I was complimenting you, but it's just the truth!

If I was doing them at a show I would definetly use the pilsbury dough but for home I'm not spending the extra$ I will use the store brand and the reduced fat. My kids do not care and it's not that much of a pain to roll them.

I'll have to try them in the saute pan!

I used the reduced fat Pillsbury crescent rolls, with half caramel and half cinnamon sprinkles. Got 23 out of the roll.

I made a glaze of confection's sugar, milk and a bit of oj for the top.

If I do a brunch show, I will definitely do these to pass around.

PamperChefCarol said:
I used the reduced fat Pillsbury crescent rolls, with half caramel and half cinnamon sprinkles. Got 23 out of the roll.

I made a glaze of confection's sugar, milk and a bit of oj for the top.

If I do a brunch show, I will definitely do these to pass around.
I really can't tell the difference between the regular & the reduced fat. However, after using the off-brands a few times I will only use Pillsbury.

pamperedlinda said:
I really can't tell the difference between the regular & the reduced fat. However, after using the off-brands a few times I will only use Pillsbury.

I have never noticed a difference between the reg. & reduced fat either......

And at the grocery stores around here - it's just a few cents diff. between the store brand and Pillsbury, so if you watch sales, or look for coupons, you can usually find them for around the same price.

FYI, the reduced fat ones are quite similar in calories to the regular ones. Also, the sodium in red. fat is higher than regular. I buy the regular.

If you have Publix near you, their brand is actually pretty good. I found that when making any of our rings that they were not quite as oily as the name brand.

JAE said:
FYI, the reduced fat ones are quite similar in calories to the regular ones. Also, the sodium in red. fat is higher than regular. I buy the regular.

I am so fortunate not to have to worry about sodium. I do keep it reasonable, but luckily it doesn't affect me. In fact, I could probably use more of it to get my blood pressure up to a normal range! But anywhere to shave a few calories and fat grams off, well I am so there. But I agree, I can't taste a difference.

I would love to learn an alternative to crescent rolls. I know they're easy and tasty, but I really try not to buy a lot of processed foods.

JAE said:
I would love to learn an alternative to crescent rolls. I know they're easy and tasty, but I really try not to buy a lot of processed foods.

I hear ya there! I've come to the conclusion that if they are a "treat", then I don't have to feel so bad about it when we eat them.

How about plain bread dough? Thats what "real" cinnamon rolls are made from. Well, OK - those use a sweet dough. But same difference.

I used refirgerated sugar cookie dough and sprinkled 1/2 the cookies with the cinn. and the other 1/2 with caramel sprinkle.
Bake them on a stone and what a cheap way to share with your guests.
The cinn. taste like snikerdooles. They are both wonderful!

pamperdawn said:
I used refirgerated sugar cookie dough and sprinkled 1/2 the cookies with the cinn. and the other 1/2 with caramel sprinkle.
Bake them on a stone and what a cheap way to share with your guests.
The cinn. taste like snikerdooles. They are both wonderful!

What a great idea. I'll have to try this when I can give most of the cookies away - trying to diet.:yuck:

What ingredients do I need to make Delicious Caramel Rolls?

To make these tasty caramel rolls, you will need 1 package of frozen dinner rolls, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 package of vanilla pudding mix, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/2 cup of melted butter, and 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (optional).

What is the BIG tip for making these caramel rolls?

The BIG tip for making these delicious caramel rolls is to use a bundt pan instead of a traditional baking dish. This allows the rolls to bake evenly and creates a beautiful presentation when they are flipped onto a serving platter.

Can I make these caramel rolls ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these caramel rolls ahead of time. Once assembled, cover the bundt pan with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, let the rolls sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking as directed.

How do I prevent the caramel from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the caramel from sticking to the pan, make sure to generously grease the bundt pan with butter or cooking spray before adding the ingredients. This will create a non-stick surface and make it easier to remove the rolls once they are baked.

Can I use a different type of pudding mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of pudding mix for this recipe. Vanilla pudding adds a delicious flavor to the caramel, but you can also use butterscotch or chocolate pudding for a different twist on the recipe. Just make sure to use the instant pudding mix, not the cook-and-serve type.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lifeat50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Leigh0725
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies