• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Recipes to Try with Your New EAD Tool

In summary, the EAD is an easy, fast, and convenient way to decorate cakes and cupcakes. It is easy to use and the decorations look realistic.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
I just got my EAD yesterday! I have wanted it for a long time and its just as great as i thought i would be. even my kids could use it and they are 7,5,and 4!! Its so easy and fast. anyways, i was just wandering what recipes are used with this tool. most of the ones i have seen i dont have all the tools for. i have the SS kit, the chillzanne bowl, and a few of the new things. i have more on the way but it wont be here before my show on tuesday and i really want to do some different recipes. thanks in advance and God bless you all!

You could make the Touchdown Taco Dip and use the EAD for a sour cream decoration before you serve it. There's also the Streusel Berry Tart where you could accent with Cool Whip.

thanks for the ideas. i forgot about the streusel. the dip sounds like a cute idea to a manly food..lol...

Well, if you would like to know my 7 year old favorite it is green eggs. I made these the last several years for his school to celebrate Dr. Suess birthday. Just make hard boiled eggs as usual, add a little green food coloring and viola!!! The EAD makes it so easy. I also use to decorate big pizza chocolate chip cookies. They look just like they came from the cookie company in the mall.

One of my favorites!I LOVE my EAD! It is honestly one of my favorite products! I've heard somewhere that it "brings out your inner Martha"! It adds a nice touch to any recipe. With all the ideas though, I still love using it for good ole cupcakes! A friend of mine ordered a "cupcake cake" from Wal-Mart - where all the cupcakes are set next to each other and form a shape of some sort and they ice it to make it look like it is a big cake - in other words it's like a big pull apart cake with EASY clean up! My daughter's 2nd birthday is in October and I think I may try that out. I'll let you know if it works ;)

Use your imagination!
Kristen said:
You could make the Touchdown Taco Dip and use the EAD for a sour cream decoration before you serve it. There's also the Streusel Berry Tart where you could accent with Cool Whip.

Like Kristen wrote, use it for things that you would normally just "dollop" something. I make a Pumpkin Cake around the holidays (not a pc recipe, but compliments of my step-mom-in-law) and I always fill my EAD with Cool Whip & let everyone "play" with their topping of Cool whip. My kids love it, too!

Tonight I made the Citrus Sunshine Torte at a show, and decorated it w/cool whip using the EAD. It's amazing how an ugly cake, can come alive with the EAD and some cool whip stars!

I love to use the EAD to make fancy deviled eggs. Even it you don't make them for a show, remind guests of this. With the holidays just around the corner, deviled eggs are a great "pot luck" food, for all those family gatherings that are coming up. I mentioned this at my last show and sold 3 ! (out of 7 guests in attendance)

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN

these ideas are great!! i was so excited when i got it that i used some left over sour cream and put it on bread just to play with it (no nobody ate it!). even my husband was amazed. i have a show on tuesday and this one is important. its for a girl i only know through my best friend so this is my chance to break the chain of people i know. she still hasnt given me a recipe but i want to really wow these people. i will definately find a way to put it in there though. thanks again for all the great ideas!!

I have a related question then - I don't have one of these yet, but I have wanted one forever. Is it really as easy to use as it looks? Do the decorations come out really looking like they do in the book? I have bought the pasty bags and tips before and they are always such a mess and NEVER look as nice as they do when the real bakers do it!

I have decorated cakes for 15 years and I finally broke down and bought the EAD. I had always thought "why buy it with all the bags and tips I already have?" Well let me tell you, the filling just flowed out of it so easy and the clean up was so much easier. I love it and keep trying to find reasons to use it now.

It is incredible!I love it. I used to use pastry bags too. But the EAD is so easy my kids ages 9 & 8 can make things look like a pro did it.

I put sour sream on the taco ring at my last show and it was so beautiful and everyone was so impressed (even me!). I sold several.

I agree about the deviled eggs too. Have you all tried the recipe that was in the last catalog. It is the best. The seasoned cream cheese adds a great flavor and I never thought of garnishing eggs with veggies either and the grape tomato halves were a huge hit. They taste great and look so pretty. I wouldn't think of making deviled eggs without them now.

I as well just got mine and love it !!I broke down and bought it !! It is $9.95 on our paper work and supply for those of you considering it !! I bought it so i could make the new chocolate shows. I have used it for anything i can get my hands on ! LOL ! My 5 year old loves it ! :)

I love it as well. One of the tips makes it so easy to write on cakes. I also use to fill devil eggs. Next thing I am gonna try is the fudge.

Easy Accent Decorator Fudge is great!Hi,

I tried the easy fudge recipe (bag of chocolate chips + can of frosting) in the easy accent decorator and it came out great! They were cute bite-size rosettes. Everyone at my show loved them! I've found a new favourite Pampered Chef recipe (next to the hot broccoli dip)

Tricia Dean
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/triciadean

I use my EAD all the time !! I just became a consultant, and at my practice show with my family, I used it to put whip creme on the cookies & creme supreme, and had my m-i-l do it too, she loves it so much, she is buying it!!! I also use it to fill canniloni shells, and canoli, so much easier than spoons!!!

I plan on using it at every show, just to decorate the dessert I will have prepared ahead. It sells itself. I also plan on having one of the guests use it during the show, because it will show how easy it is to use, even someone who has never used it before can just pick it up, and it works. I think I will be selling alot of the !!!!!

easy fudge recipeWere can I find this receipe? Is someone able to post it? I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Just go back in this same thread. It is posted a couple posts back. I made it this weekend. SOOOOO simple and easy.
I do have one question for others who have made this . Does it stay firm after being refrigerated for a while or will it go back to being soft when out of the fridge? Ours didnt last long enough to test it out!

luvs2sellit said:
Just go back in this same thread. It is posted a couple posts back. I made it this weekend. SOOOOO simple and easy.
I do have one question for others who have made this . Does it stay firm after being refrigerated for a while or will it go back to being soft when out of the fridge? Ours didnt last long enough to test it out!
It does stay firm. I made some before a bridal fair and took some with me to shows for the next two weeks (I had to hide it in between ;) ) and it stayed fine.

Thanks Beth. I still can't believe how simple and easy it was. My husband was quit impressed too. His mom has always made the fudge in the family. I tried one time and it was terrible. He really liked it. I think I will be adding this to my shows.

mrssyvo said:
I also use it to fill canniloni shells, and canoli, so much easier than spoons!!!

Ooh, I bet you could use it to fill manicotti too. I'm going to have to get one now!

I LOVE my EAD!! I use it as a topper item.

I will make one recipe for the show and I bake a brownie pizza when I first arrive. The house smells great and its not something I have to lug around. I bring it out from the kitchen, spread some pie filling and then use the EAD filled with Cool Whip. When I do this I ALWAYS sell three or more!

Use it to make cheese straws

What are cheese straws and how do you make them??

I've attached a link so you can see them
http://www.pearsonfarm.com/catalog/cheese-straw-variety-tin.htm

Recipes are endless (can be sweet like a cookie or savory like a cracker)
Here is one
(This calls for the cookie press, but using the star EAD works too).
12 oz. sharp cheddar
1/2 tsp. Cayanne pepper
3/4 tsp. salt
2 sticks butter
2 1/2 c. flour

Grate cheese. Mix cheese, butter, salt and pepper together in mixer. Add flour. Pinch off a large ball of dough and put in cookie presser. Using star design press out straws on cookie sheets. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Do not let get brown.

those sound good I'll have to try them. Thanks

Easy fudge recipe
Beth Brigham said:
It does stay firm. I made some before a bridal fair and took some with me to shows for the next two weeks (I had to hide it in between ;) ) and it stayed fine.

Does anybody have the recipe for the fudge to use with EAD.

FudgeJust melt one bag of chocolate chips and mix in one container of chocolate frosting. I find that the fudge can set up a little too fast, so after I mix the frosting in, I heat the mixture for about 20 seconds before I add it to the EAD. Makes adorable little fudge kisses!

EadWould you believe that's how I got in the business! I have wanted one for
years.One day i was on line and thought i would go the website and see if
it still existed. Next thing I know I am hosting a show and now I am a con-
sultant!!! Don't know how I made it all them years without it :) I went to
my b/f's family Halloween party and I took deviled eggs in the cs.They all
liked it,hopefully they will attend my open house and order one. :) Before we
left for the party he said now this is a Halloween party not a pc party. I said
well if I don't meet my goal at my opne house It's all your fault as you caused
me a few sales :eek:

I have to point out one thing about the fudge recipe. I was told one bag of chocolate chips and when I tried at home I used semi sweet chips. Well, at my party Tuesday night the host bought milk chocolate chips. Big mistake :eek: . The milk chocolate chips do not melt. They just clump and burn. It was a dissaster. Fortunately I had brought my own chips, just in case, and it saved me. I made tonight again with the semi sweet chips and they were perfect. I bought little mini muffin paper cups and put a dollop in each then topped with a pecan.

I made the fudge for a church fundraiser....we sold plate lunches with desserts....I bought the hershey's chips and I was so impressed i had to call my hubby inside to look at it. it was so smooth almost like velvet. There was none left at the end of the day. i didnt taste it because every since i had gall-bladder surgery chocolate makes me sick :( but my pastor ate like 5 pieces of it so it had to be good!! just thought i would share with the hershey's chocolate though...if you havent used it yet...try it...its great to use!!

can you make the 2 ingredient fudge with....other flavors of chips? for instance instead of chocolate chips, can you make it with peanut butter ones? or white chocolate chips?

Fudge VariationsI tried using different frosting flavors and different chocolate chips and it's realy pretty versatile. I haven't ever had a problem with milk choc chips, maybe it was the brand. At a recent show I did Andes mint chips and chocolate fudge frosting and it ws so yummy!! Peanut butter chips and chocolate frosting or white chocolate chips and chocolate frosting but don't mix it completely so it looks swirly. Lots of options... Be adventurous

kitchenqueen said:
I LOVE my EAD! It is honestly one of my favorite products! I've heard somewhere that it "brings out your inner Martha"! It adds a nice touch to any recipe. With all the ideas though, I still love using it for good ole cupcakes! A friend of mine ordered a "cupcake cake" from Wal-Mart - where all the cupcakes are set next to each other and form a shape of some sort and they ice it to make it look like it is a big cake - in other words it's like a big pull apart cake with EASY clean up! My daughter's 2nd birthday is in October and I think I may try that out. I'll let you know if it works ;)

Brings out the Inner Martha! Hee hee! It did for ME! I was shreiking in my kitchen! I made little brownie cups for the 1st time (LOVE my mini-muffin pan with tart shaper!) and filled the EAD with 2-step fudege and filled those brownie cups with fudge! TO DIE FOR!

Yum!

Other ideas: garlic butter or individual butter. Fudge into mini muffin papers... put right on the chillzanne frozen part, they firm right up before your guests eyes!

mrssyvo said:
I use my EAD all the time !! I just became a consultant, and at my practice show with my family, I used it to put whip creme on the cookies & creme supreme, and had my m-i-l do it too, she loves it so much, she is buying it!!! I also use it to fill canniloni shells, and canoli, so much easier than spoons!!!

I plan on using it at every show, just to decorate the dessert I will have prepared ahead. It sells itself. I also plan on having one of the guests use it during the show, because it will show how easy it is to use, even someone who has never used it before can just pick it up, and it works. I think I will be selling alot of the !!!!!

Will you please share those recipes with us???

AJPratt said:
I LOVE my EAD!! I use it as a topper item.

I will make one recipe for the show and I bake a brownie pizza when I first arrive. The house smells great and its not something I have to lug around. I bring it out from the kitchen, spread some pie filling and then use the EAD filled with Cool Whip. When I do this I ALWAYS sell three or more!

What kind of pie filling? Do you use just cool whip?

Pampered Zoe said:
Just melt one bag of chocolate chips and mix in one container of chocolate frosting. I find that the fudge can set up a little too fast, so after I mix the frosting in, I heat the mixture for about 20 seconds before I add it to the EAD. Makes adorable little fudge kisses!

Is there a combo that doesn't still taste like frosting? I love it, but love that frosting in a tub ~ but find the "fudge" tastes like frosting?

pchefinski said:
..other flavors of chips? for instance instead of chocolate chips, can you make it with peanut butter ones? or white chocolate chips?

I found the white chocolate chips didn't melt well (rather didn't firm up quickly enough)... was it just me?

Butter Mints in EAD?I thought about making these butter mints for my parties (bring it already mixed and press them out at the show, then chill until after the recipe's eaten.. or bring them completely done and just talk about the cookie press/EAD).. but was wondering if I could use this recipe in the EAD.. little rosette butter mints--how cute right?! Has anyone made this recipe before?

COOKIE PRESS BUTTER MINTS

½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
3 ¾ cup confectioner sugar
1 Tablespoon heavy cream
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
Green or red food coloring

Beat butter in bowl until creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugar until well blended. Add the heavy cream, extract and coloring; beat until well mixed.

Transfer batter into cookie press with the wreath disc. Press shapes onto parchment paper. Chill

Suggestions: Make green and red batch and mix in bowl for Christmas. Use pastel colors around Easter time, green for St. Patrick’s Day, etc…

Note: They taste better and break apart better with they are chilled.

Here's one you might try

Mint Kissed Meringues
2 egg whites (at room temperature)
1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp mint extract
3-5 drops green food color
multicolored candy sprinkles, if desired (a nice touch)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
1. Heat oven to 200. Grease 2 large cookie sheets (I just used parchment paper). In small bowl, beat egg whites till foamy... then add cream of tarter & salt. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time (waiting until dissolved before adding next tablespoon). Beat at high until meringue is very stiff & glossy. Beat in mint extract. Fold in (using spatula) food color 1 drop at a time until desired color.

2. Use disposable decorating bag or gallon-sized food storage bag w/half-inch hole cut in bottom corner of bag. (*Or you can simply use spoonfuls). If desired fit large star-shaped tip in corner.
Spoon meringue into 1-inch puffs onto cookie sheets. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Place on center rack in oven.

3. Bake for 2 hours. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheets; Place on wire racks. Cool 5 minutes.

Make 4 dozen cookies.

1 cookie = 10 calories (0 from fat). cholestrial:0, sodium:10mg, carb: 2g, sugar:2g. Dietary exchange: FREE.
** Or try Bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes

**** chocolate chips
omit food coloring, stir in 1 cup mini chips

freeze in airtight container up to a month ahea

Here's another one I have been meaning to try

Cream Cheese Mints

I made these for my wedding and my daughter makes them every year at Christmas. They are wonderful. The cook time is the approximate drying time.
96 mints

4 hours 30 minutes 30 mins prep

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup soft butter or margarine
2 lbs powdered sugar
liquid food coloring (red, green, yellow, or as desired)
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or wintergreen extract

1.Combine cream cheese and butter in saucepan.

2.Stir over low heat until butter is melted, cheese is soft and the mixture is well blended.

3.Add the powdered sugar.

4.Stir until well combined.

5.Add a few drops of food coloring and your choice of flavoring.

6.You can divide the batch to make more color choices.

7.Roll into 1 inch balls.

8.Place on wax paper and press with a fork, glass bottom or cookie/candy stamp.

9.Let stand at least 4 hours until mints are firm and dry on the outside but the inside is moist and creamy.

WOW!! Thank you all so much for sharing those yummy recipes! Tis the season for lots of cookies and treats to frighten your dentist! :D

can we not order the EAD on supply anymore?Can we not order the EAD on supply anymore? I tried to order it, but it kept saying that I was unable to.. argh, I wanted to get the order in, so I could get some things before my show next Sunday! Also, there was mention of another thing we could order on supply.. was it the mini muffin pan? Does anyone know what we can order on supply (product wise..)? Thanks :)

pchefinski said:
Can we not order the EAD on supply anymore? I tried to order it, but it kept saying that I was unable to.. argh, I wanted to get the order in, so I could get some things before my show next Sunday! Also, there was mention of another thing we could order on supply.. was it the mini muffin pan? Does anyone know what we can order on supply (product wise..)? Thanks :)

Try under "kit enhancement"?

I know that were are also able to order the Prof. family skillet on the paperwork order at 50% off... these discounts should be in effect until March

I've yet to do my first show but I thought about taking the refrigerator rolled cookie dough, cut in quarters lengthwise and pressed into the mini muffin pan and bake. Take canned chocolate frosting or even the fudge and make chocolate stars on top of the cookies! Sound good?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Products and Tips
Replies