• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Accent Decorator Recipes

Trish in Texas

Member
Gold Member
Apr 22, 2008
228
0
Does anyone have any recipes or tips for the Easy Accent Decorator?

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant
 

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
10,264
16
That's the first thing I ever bought from PC - Love Love LOVE it!

Use it to fill deviled eggs (the reason I bought it) - first cut the eggs with the crinkle cutter for an extra festive touch
Sour Cream - for mexican food
Whipped Topping - for whatever dessert you want pretty
Filling for Tuxedo Brownie Cups
Filling for Profiteroles
Icing Cup Cakes - looks just like the bakery did it - add some sprinkles for an extra special touch

So many uses!
 

Trish in Texas

Member
Gold Member
Apr 22, 2008
228
0
Thanks, Linda. I thought I had a document on this but my motherboard died and I can't find it.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant
 
V

vwpamperedchef

Guest
There's a recipe you can do to fill strawberries with a cheesecake mixture. So Yummy!

I also like to add the creme in the middle of cupcakes.

Desserts are my love---and I am currently on WW...the two kinda don't go together......HA!

ENJOY!
 

Teresa Lynn

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2006
3,470
2
I always cross sell it with my deluxe cheese grater for the egg yolks when making deviled eggs they will be smooth and not clog up in the tips
 

merego

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2008
2,014
0
pamperedlinda said:
That's the first thing I ever bought from PC - Love Love LOVE it!

Use it to fill deviled eggs (the reason I bought it) - first cut the eggs with the crinkle cutter for an extra festive touch
Sour Cream - for mexican food
Whipped Topping - for whatever dessert you want pretty
Filling for Tuxedo Brownie Cups
Filling for Profiteroles
Icing Cup Cakes - looks just like the bakery did it - add some sprinkles for an extra special touch

So many uses!

I have been through 3 of them, mine keeps breaking, I am beginning to think I am doing something wrong and I just gave up on mine :( I use my cake decorator bottles, but they are not good for delived eggs. What do you think I am doing wrong? Sorry to hijack :(
 

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
10,264
16
Meredith - are you using the biger open star tip? Maybe your filling for the eggs is too chunky? sometimes I get pickles globbed together and stuck in mine.

My first EAD broke, but that was the older design. I haven't had any problems with this one.

For icing cup cakes I also use the big open star tip and just swirl the icing on thick like they do in the bakery. I use homemade buttercream icing, if you use store bought you might want to beat it a little to get some air in it and make ut lighter.
 

merego

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2008
2,014
0
pamperedlinda said:
Meredith - are you using the biger open star tip? Maybe your filling for the eggs is too chunky? sometimes I get pickles globbed together and stuck in mine.

My first EAD broke, but that was the older design. I haven't had any problems with this one.

For icing cup cakes I also use the big open star tip and just swirl the icing on thick like they do in the bakery. I use homemade buttercream icing, if you use store bought you might want to beat it a little to get some air in it and make ut lighter.

Thanks, when did the new one come out? Mine that all broke were from several years ago and that is when I gave up. This was way before my PC consultant days, but when I was a PC-a-holic and went to 2 parties a month, people knew to invite me.
Are you asking about the bigger star tip for the decorator bottles? You kind of lost me, sorry:confused:
 

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
10,264
16
merego said:
Thanks, when did the new one come out? Mine that all broke were from several years ago and that is when I gave up. This was way before my PC consultant days, but when I was a PC-a-holic and went to 2 parties a month, people knew to invite me.
Are you asking about the bigger star tip for the decorator bottles? You kind of lost me, sorry:confused:
Not sure when they changed the design, more than 3 years ago. It now has thicker rings to hold it together and they actually are threaded and screw on - much better!

Yes, I was still talking about the EAD for the bigger star tip - it comes with 6 tips - the one I'm referring to is the one with the largest start opening (maybe 1/2 inch sized hole)
 

merego

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2008
2,014
0
pamperedlinda said:
Not sure when they changed the design, more than 3 years ago. It now has thicker rings to hold it together and they actually are threaded and screw on - much better!

Yes, I was still talking about the EAD for the bigger star tip - it comes with 6 tips - the one I'm referring to is the one with the largest start opening (maybe 1/2 inch sized hole)

I hadn't kept my reciepts so I just kept buying new ones and have thrown them all away. Now I know to keep recipets :)
 

chefallison53

Member
Sep 17, 2007
167
0
pamperedlinda said:
Meredith - are you using the biger open star tip? Maybe your filling for the eggs is too chunky? sometimes I get pickles globbed together and stuck in mine.

My first EAD broke, but that was the older design. I haven't had any problems with this one.

For icing cup cakes I also use the big open star tip and just swirl the icing on thick like they do in the bakery. I use homemade buttercream icing, if you use store bought you might want to beat it a little to get some air in it and make ut lighter.

What is your recipe for buttercream frosting? I made some one time before... it didn't work out so well! LOL!!!
 

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
10,264
16
chefallison53 said:
What is your recipe for buttercream frosting? I made some one time before... it didn't work out so well! LOL!!!
1 cup butter
1 cup shortening
2 pound bag of Conf. sugar
4 Tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

Cream butter & Shortening. Add conf sugar alternately w/ milk and beat until creamy.

A variation I found which tastes really good, but is softer than the butter cream so you wouldn't want to use this one for decorations like roses or anything that might droop is a marshallow buttercream. It's great for the star tip.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 jar marshmallow fluff
2 pound bag cof sugar
4 Tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

mix the same as above
 

muffetts

Member
Gold Member
May 26, 2007
235
0
I usually bring it to any show I'm using whipped topping. I always steal some for the EAD and garnish at the end. I've even done it on micro-cakes (even though the topping slides off because it melts - but everyone loves the demo). I ALWAYS do it trifles. Even grab some crackers and pipe some dip or spread onto them. Another easy one is softened smoked cream cheese piped onto cucumber slices. Or, make a dill dip, and place small pieces of smoked salmon onto cucumber slices and top with a star of dip. Have fun with it - I LOVE my EAD.
 
May 17, 2008
164
0
Linda
wow that recipe just added 10 pounds as I read it..yummy....I love my Easy Accent Decorator, I do notice that you have to make your own icing cause the store bought are to thick.
Cheers
 

natural

Member
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
199
1
Has anyone used this for filling Bismarks? I had a guest ask me if we offered such a tool..I asked her, "oh you like to make Bismarks?" SHe said, "No I have never made them, I just thought it would be fun to do" :)
 

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
10,264
16
There is a bismark tip in the kit - I don't know what bismarks are though. I didn't even know there was such a thing, I just thought it was the name of the tip.
 

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
20,376
31
pamperedlinda said:
There is a bismark tip in the kit - I don't know what bismarks are though. I didn't even know there was such a thing, I just thought it was the name of the tip.

Some parts of the country, Bismarks are also called Long Johns.....they are the long, rectangular doughnuts usually filled with custard or cream, and often have a chocolate frosting on them

DS gets one almost every time we go grocery shopping. For 50 cents he is happy and quiet while I shop. I think it's worth it.:D
 

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
10,264
16
ChefBeckyD said:
Some parts of the country, Bismarks are also called Long Johns.....they are the long, rectangular doughnuts usually filled with custard or cream, and often have a chocolate frosting on them

DS gets one almost every time we go grocery shopping. For 50 cents he is happy and quiet while I shop. I think it's worth it.:D
Is that the same as a napoleon?
 

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
20,376
31
pamperedlinda said:
Is that the same as a napoleon?
Don't Napoleans use puff pastry?

These are a doughnut. You fill them like you would a jelly filled doughnut, except with some kind of creme....
 

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
10,264
16
ChefBeckyD said:
Don't Napoleans use puff pastry?

These are a doughnut. You fill them like you would a jelly filled doughnut, except with some kind of creme....
I don't know. I just know that they have creamy stuff in them and they are messy to eat.
 

natural

Member
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
199
1
Oh wow, I am glad I asked, I will have to call her and let het know!

Thanks so much..Bismarks and Long Johns are just filled doughnuts, I am not sure Napolean has anything to do with doughnuts, unless that name is used in different parts of the country.
 

pampchefsarah

Senior Member
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
2,203
1
muffetts said:
Even grab some crackers and pipe some dip or spread onto them.

Omigosh - I am so doing this at my show next Saturday, where we'll be making the BLT Dip. For that matter, I might do this at the event I'm doing tomorrow with my director!!

You guys always have such great tips, no wonder PC is such a phenomanal(sp?) company, with so many great people associated with it!


Sarah
 
Top