• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Accent Dec Vs. Dec Bottle Set

In summary, the people who recommend the EAD say that they are the best tool for multipurpose projects. The people who recommend the bottles say they are better for children and beginners.
junkfortara
Gold Member
I'm not a decorator, but want to try one of these. Who recommends what? I'm more of a baker- cookies and such.... but I love multifunctional tools too.

Let's hear your suggestions.
Thanks!

They're both wonderful. I've used them for all kinds of things. I especially like the EAD for whipped topping and the Decorator Bottles for dips/spreads.

I use both but for entirely different things. I love the easy accent decorator the projects with a thicker consistency like deviled eggs and choc. mousse, and for doing borders on cakes.
For smaller projects and things like just frosting I like the bottle set. They are the perfect size for cookies, cupcakes, and cut-out brownies. If you happen to want a different design and wilton tip will fit in the cap of the bottles. Hope that helps

Invest in the EAD. The three bottle set is not practical unless you only want to use small amout of different colors when decorating. They are a pain to fill because there is only the ONE opening. The plastic is very soft and I'm affraid it will crack in no time if used even occasionally. Whith the EAD, you can fill deviled eggs, stuff potatoes, fill mini tarts....

I would go the the EAD!!!! I even hate selling the set because it does not meet my quality standards..lol

Chef Gilles said:
Invest in the EAD. The three bottle set is not practical unless you only want to use small amout of different colors when decorating. They are a pain to fill because there is only the ONE opening. The plastic is very soft and I'm affraid it will crack in no time if used even occasionally. Whith the EAD, you can fill deviled eggs, stuff potatoes, fill mini tarts....

I would go the the EAD!!!! I even hate selling the set because it does not meet my quality standards..lol

I'd have to say start with the EAD. LOVE IT! I was so excited about the decor bottles when they came out & honestly don't care for them. They are hard to fill and I thought difficult to wash--even with the brush. I've got almost all the wilton cake decor items, so maybe that's why I'm not a bottle fan?.

I think the people who dislike the bottles are people who are already good at decorating cakes and such. I think of them more for children and beginners. I've never found them that hard to fill or clean. I imagine it depends on the recipe you've filled them with.

I love the EAD, it is so easy to use and clean.

LOVE the EAD
Use it for deviled eggs, cool whip, sour cream, frosting, 2 step fudge, guacamole, I have used 2 to fill the checkerboard pans, when my kids were little I used it to make pancake designs on the griddlenever use the bottles I prefer the disposable decorating bags from Wilton

I agree that the EAD is great... but I also like the bottles for what they're made for. They are not comparable to actual decorating bags, but they are great when you want to do something simple and for kids...

Personally as I am an experienced decorater and the bottles are not for me. I bought them and was really excited about them. I hated them. They popped open, were a pain to fill etc. I do like Rae's ideas for other uses but haven't had oppurtunity to try those yet. As for EAD, I want one so I can see what all the fuss is about. I've tried similar ones in past and didn't like them as I prefer decorater bags. But I do want the EAD since I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Thanks so much for all the feedback! I think I'm going to try the EAD. I have to sit on my hands to keep myself from ordering products every other day! :)

For small projects, how about showing your customers how to make a decorator out of parchment. You make a cone with the parchment, fill with your icing and cut the tip. You can even tell them that they can put a Wilton tip in the end before the frosting, then cut so only lower portion of the tip shows and decorate that way. Then all they have to do is cut the tip out at the end, the parchment is thrown away, and all they have to wash is the tip, if they even used one. I am sure that if you did a google search, you could find the how-to's on the internet. I took a Wilton decorating class 20 years ago with my mom, right out of high school, and that is one thing I took away from the class, my roses looked deformed, like a Picasso or some Surrealist did it!!

This way, they have an easy way to decorate cookies or whatever, you have a potential repeat customer (since the parchment is thrown away).

I personally like the EAD, you can fill it with anything, and I really hated cleaning my wilton bags. One of my bags turned pink from black frosting (go figure on that one!!). That way, I don't have to make a parchment cone, if I want to quickly top something with cool whip, fill deviled eggs, etc. Also, the EAD has a lid for storing extra topping in the fridge!!

I don't think I would show my customers how to decorate with parchment. Would rather sell the EAD. As far as showing the Parchment paper to get repeat customers, it is sold in all supermarkets so unlike our special spices, can't see people coming back to us just for that.

doughmama said:
I don't think I would show my customers how to decorate with parchment. Would rather sell the EAD. As far as showing the Parchment paper to get repeat customers, it is sold in all supermarkets so unlike our special spices, can't see people coming back to us just for that.

I am not suggesting to show the parchment cones in place of the EAD, just the decorator bottles, which I don't think my customers would enjoy. As far as the parchment, I think that we offer a superior product than those found in the supermarket, and it is unbleached, which for me is a plus. Also, comparing our roll of 45 feet with the Reynolds roll of 24 feet (both by 15 inches), the prices are comparable. Ours is also easier to store than the Reynolds, their box is bigger with less product. I used Reynolds before becoming a consultant for everything, now, after using the PC, I won't go back!!

Shelly, I agree with you wholeheartedly about our parchment. Plus, around here our is cheaper by the square foot. People are fooled by the large box and (sometimes) lower sticker price.I'll tell you, though, I learned long ago not to assume what my customers might enjoy. I'm often shocked by the items people go out of their way to tell me they couldn't live without--things I could definitely live without. You just never know.

OK - but where I live I can get unbleached parchment paper for cheaper ($2 less for 20 more feet). In any event, I would rather focus on the EAD and let them find the less priced items on their own. I also took a Wilton class 20 years ago - funny! And my cakes still look sad - I stick to drop cookies...

oops 20 more inches... that would be one big roll..

What is the difference between the Easy Accent Dec and the Dec Bottle Set?

The Easy Accent Dec and the Dec Bottle Set are both options for dispensing condiments and sauces in the kitchen. The main difference is in the design and functionality. The Easy Accent Dec has a squeeze handle for easy one-handed dispensing, while the Dec Bottle Set has a twist top for controlled pouring. Additionally, the Easy Accent Dec comes with three different tips for different dispensing options, while the Dec Bottle Set comes with one tip.

Can I use the Easy Accent Dec and Dec Bottle Set for hot and cold liquids?

Yes, both the Easy Accent Dec and Dec Bottle Set are designed to handle both hot and cold liquids. However, it is important to note that the Easy Accent Dec is not suitable for liquids that are thicker than ketchup or barbecue sauce.

Are the Easy Accent Dec and Dec Bottle Set dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the Easy Accent Dec and Dec Bottle Set are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to wash the tips and caps by hand to ensure they stay in good condition.

Do I need to assemble the Easy Accent Dec and Dec Bottle Set?

No, both the Easy Accent Dec and Dec Bottle Set come fully assembled and ready to use. However, if you need to change the tips on the Easy Accent Dec, there are instructions included on how to do so.

What is the capacity of the Easy Accent Dec and Dec Bottle Set?

The Easy Accent Dec can hold up to 12 ounces of liquid, while the Dec Bottle Set can hold up to 16 ounces. Both are perfect for everyday use in the kitchen or for entertaining guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
newchef2010
  • DMB75
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • bethsbiz
  • Products and Tips
Replies