• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easter Sunday Dinner Ideas: Delicious Recipes for a Family Feast

Dotty, what about some sort of quiche/ frittata? They seem spring-y in my mind. You could make them in a pie plate, 9x13 or even the 12" skillet depending on what recipe you go with (PC or otherwise - there's tons of 'em out there!).That sounds like a great idea! I can't wait to try it!
pkd09
Silver Member
What is everyone's plan for the holiday? If you are cooking, what are you making?

I am cooking for family....all 17 of us!

Ham
Cheesy Potatoes
Devilled Eggs
Veggies & Dip
Home made hawaiian bread
Dessert

I am looking for a good vegetable or salad recipe. Any ideas?

I've got a craving for 7 layer salad.

I love the Acini De Pepe sweet salad dessert. If interested - just place in the search engine. There are a bunch of recipes out there.

Teresa LM said:
I've got a craving for 7 layer salad.

Mmmm, sounds like a great idea - those are so "Spring-y" in my mind.​

I'm going to try to find a one-pot meal in the DCB or 12" skillet and keep it simple. Neither myself or my MIL are up to cooking for the family. She's going through chemo (prayers are welcome!) and I'm 3 weeks away from my due date.

If anyone has any simple, non-spicy, non-tomato based meal ideas, I'm interested!

Dotty, what about some sort of quiche/ frittata? They seem spring-y in my mind. You could make them in a pie plate, 9x13 or even the 12" skillet depending on what recipe you go with (PC or otherwise - there's tons of 'em out there!).

Going to the In-Laws for dinner. My biggest challenges are bringing things that we can eat, without offending my MIL because she likes to make everything. For instance, she makes baked beans, but her recipe calls for 2 CUPS of white sugar. To me, that makes baked beans dessert, and the sugar makes my DS sick. Then, she has special dinner rolls, that could also qualify as dessert, and makes a jello "salad", full of food colorings and sugar. These are all things that are always on the table at every family meal.

So, I'm bringing:

Mashed sweet potatoes with a touch of honey added
a Fresh Fruit tart w/ a pecan crust.
a vegetable salad
gluten-free garlic/cheese rolls
and I'm experimenting with a fruit juice gelatin recipe. If it works, I'll be bringing that too.

Dinner is at the in-law's and I am bringing Mango Confetti salsa with chips, Au gratin potatoes and a Trifle.

Dotty said:
If anyone has any simple, non-spicy, non-tomato based meal ideas, I'm interested!

Have you tried the pasta primavera recipe from the dcb cookbook? You could eliminate the lemon pepper if that is too spicy, but otherwise it is fabulous and easy. You can really put whatever veggies you like in it. Grill some chicken to serve with it or mix it in. Yum.

As for our family for Easter, brisket, baked potatoes, and ranch style beans. It's a Texas style Easter for us:D

PCLaurel said:
Dotty, what about some sort of quiche/ frittata? They seem spring-y in my mind. You could make them in a pie plate, 9x13 or even the 12" skillet depending on what recipe you go with (PC or otherwise - there's tons of 'em out there!).

Ooh, that sounds like a good idea. Both my MIL and I love veggies, so we could have fun with that. Breakfast for dinner! Brinner!

Eating out - just not in the mood to cook the big family meal this time. (I'm usually the one who does it because no one else will and I generally enjoy it - but it's just too freakin' hot ALREADY in Texas and we won't use the BBQ grill until we get some rain, fire danger is just too high).

I'm cooking this year for our family...there's only DH, me and two of our children who are here in town so it's not a huge deal but here's the menu that I have planned.Cherry Glazed Ham
Mashed potatoes
Corn casserole
Pasta salad
Deviled eggs
Hawaiian rolls
Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches TrifleNeedless to say, we'll be eating left-overs for a couple of days, but that's half the fun for us.

We're going to our neighbor's for Easter dinner on Sunday afternoon. She's like my 2nd mother <3 . She's having ham, and I believe she's making mashed potatoes and baked beans. I'll be bringing pineapple stuffing, pickled beets, a blueberry pie and a buttermilk pie. If something else catches my fancy between now and then - and isn't too much work - I'll make that too. There will be 19 of us she said, so the more food the merrier! Her boys (well, they're all older than me, but still.....) can really EAT, so there's no such thing as too much food at a holiday meal :D

We're going to my sister's. We're having ham, with various people bringing various things. I am always in charge of deviled eggs (all 4 dozen of them) but am thinking I'll bring a trifle of some sort too. I've also been craving pineapple upside down cake lately...

We are making Prime Rib, mashed potatoes, corn and deviled eggs....it's only my DH and 4 of our sons and my hubby isn't a big Ham fan so we decided to mix it up this year. I'm excited, I LOVE prime rib!!!
Happy Easter to everyone!

I used my MFP to chop up the egg yolks before mixing in the rest of the stuff, and it worked pretty well. I didn't have as much trouble with pieces of yolk getting stuck in the EAD this time.

we're going to my brothers .. I'm bringing a garden salad, with fresh salad greens from the greenhouse and nicely displayed on a P Chef white serving platter!

ham, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, festive carrots & pineapple & strawberry shortcake for dessert. There's only 3 of us, holiday meals are like any other Sunday dinner to us. The more you cook, the more dishes to be done. We keep it simple. :) (I'm all for going out so there is no work involved BUT i miss the leftovers.)

We kept it pretty simple. We smoked a 12-lb Turkey on the grill, and I made the PC "Potato & Green Bean Salad with Fresh Pesto" and the Spinach Strawberry Salad, with "Empty Tomb" rolls (big crescent rolls with a marshmallow rolled in the center, then put in a muffin tin- cook as directed. The marshmallow melts and the roll is empty- thus called "Empty Tomb Rolls" for Easter. ;). YUM. Made a DCB Chocolate cake for dessert.We had our neighbors over as a last minute arrangement....so not fancy, but tasty!

1. What are some traditional Easter dinner recipes?

Some traditional Easter dinner recipes include glazed ham, roasted lamb, deviled eggs, hot cross buns, and roasted vegetables.

2. Can you suggest some vegetarian options for Easter dinner?

Yes, some vegetarian options for Easter dinner include stuffed portobello mushrooms, vegetable lasagna, quiche, roasted vegetable Wellington, and eggplant Parmesan.

3. How can I incorporate Easter eggs into my dinner menu?

You can incorporate Easter eggs into your dinner menu by making deviled eggs, adding hard-boiled eggs to salads or pasta dishes, or making an Easter egg-shaped dessert like a cake or cookies.

4. What are some easy side dishes to accompany the main course?

Some easy side dishes to accompany the main course include roasted potatoes, honey glazed carrots, green bean casserole, mashed sweet potatoes, and fruit salad.

5. Are there any make-ahead recipes for Easter dinner?

Yes, there are many make-ahead recipes for Easter dinner such as casseroles, quiches, and desserts. You can also prep ingredients in advance and then cook them on Easter day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jenpartain
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
stephanieboyd
Replies