• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easter Eggs - What to Do With Blown-Out Eggs

In summary, I am looking for recipes that require a lot of eggs. I also think quiches would be a good option because you can bake and then freeze them.
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
....Other than the traditional omelets, scrambled eggs, etc.... I am looking for recipes that require a lot of eggs!

Also, should I try and keep them seperate so that I can later on measure them out for recipes?

How long will these eggs be good for, in a batterbowl?

2 oz. = 1 large egg

(so you could keep all of the eggs together and just measure how many oz. you need for a recipe...)

Not sure, I think you can freeze eggs that you are going to use in baking. Maybe you could freeze them in 2 or 4 oz. increments....

Not sure about recipes that use a bunch of eggs, unless they are seperated (yolks from whites) which you can't do when you are blowing them out..

How about a spinach and feta spanakopita? (it's a spinach and feta pie made with phylo dough...sooooooo good!) I am getting ready to do a conference call with my cluster, so I can't look it up right now... Do a search on www.allrecipes.com and see if you can find one...I will try to look a little later on when I am done on the phone!!

OOH! Quiches!

You could make the Green Chile Fritatta. I think it was in one of the fall editions of Season's Best. It was really good!

Quiches would be good because you can bake and then freeze them.How about French toast? Make a bunch and freeze them, too.

Recipes with eggsEggs can be used up to a week if kept in the fridge. In the freezer egg whites can hold for up to 6 months. Freeze egg whites in ice tray and then when set place in freezer bags. Egg yolks will keep for 3 months in a freezer safe container but must be creamed lightly with at least 1/2 tsp of salt to keep them from thickening and getting hard.

Yummy Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll -
This is a TOH cooking recipe I love but I think we have a similar one.

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 eggs
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 1/4 cups shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese, divided
2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions

Cooking Directions:
Line the bottom and sides of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add flour and salt; mix until combined. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until blended. Add cream cheese mixture; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are puffed and set. Remove from the oven. Immediately spread with mustard and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.

Sprinkle with ham, onions and 1 cup cheese. Roll up from a short side, peeling parchment paper away while rolling. Sprinkle top of roll with the remaining cheese; bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings

Egg and Sausage Casserole
1 pound pork sausage
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
8 eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano

DIRECTIONS
Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with crescent roll dough, and sprinkle with crumbled sausage. In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, mozzarella, and Cheddar. Season the mixture with oregano, and pour over the sausage and crescent rolls.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Egg nog, my husband's favorite!
12 eggs, separate whites from yolks
1 cup honey
1 quart heavy whipping cream
1 quart half-and-half

Separate egg whites from yolks.
In bowl beat egg whites until they get stiff.
In another bowl whip cream.
In 3rd very large bowl add yolks and honey, beat until mixed thoroughly.
Add to yolks: egg whites, whipped cream and Half and half.
Mix thoroughly or run thru blender.
Let chill in refridgerator at least 1 hour.
Enjoy.

QUICHE
2 pie crusts
2 C monterey(white)shredded cheese
2C shredded cheddar
12 eggs scrambled
1C milk
1C-1lb cooked meat *optional I usually add onion if I'm leaving this out

Place pie crusts into pie pans. Layer equally into crusts; monterey cheese,meat ,(eggs and milk combined), top with cheddar cheese and bake @375* for ~1hr. You may need to place foil around pie edges after 30min. We have this with biscuits in the morning. Great as warmed up leftover anytime!

Lots of deviled eggs!! Yummy!
Debbie :D

Last edited:
thanks ladies!

I really recommend the Sausage and Peppers Egg Bake... it's in the Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook...

2 packages frozen hash brown patties, thawed (8 patties)
1 jar (12 oz) sweet roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
1 medium onion, chopped
1 pound hot italian turkey sausage, casing removed
6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
3/4 cup milk
12 eggs
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1/4 tsp black pepper

1) preat over to 350 degrees. Spray rectangular baker with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange hash brown patties in a single layer over bottom of baker. Dice red peppers and chop onions. In family skillet, cook and stir sausage and onion over medium heat about 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking sausage into crumbles; drain.

2) in CBB , whisk cream cheese and milk until completely smoth. Add eggs, parsley and black pepperl; whisk until smooth

3) Spoon sausage mixture evenly over hash browns; sprinkle with red peppers. Pour egg mixture over peppers. Bake 45-50 minutes or until center of egg mixture is set. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.

Yied: 15 servings

You could be like me and refrigerate them with the best of intentions before you finally throw them out!:rolleyes:

I've blown out a few eggs in my days, and you will not be able to get them in a condition where you can seperate the yolk from egg. :( It will be a "mixed" combination.

Also, get ready for a headache, as it takes a good hearty breath and blowing to get the yolk and white to come out.

Good luck!

Out of curiosity, what are you going to do with your shells?

GourmetGirl said:
I really recommend the Sausage and Peppers Egg Bake... it's in the Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook...

MMM That sounds good, except for the sausage!! Do you think I could leave it out, or substitute it with ham or bacon?

Also, have you ever frozen it?

ddcook said:
I've blown out a few eggs in my days, and you will not be able to get them in a condition where you can seperate the yolk from egg. :( It will be a "mixed" combination.

Also, get ready for a headache, as it takes a good hearty breath and blowing to get the yolk and white to come out.

Good luck!

Out of curiosity, what are you going to do with your shells?

I colored them... I am definitely a kid at heart!! I did half glittered, and half swirled! And I wanted to blow them out so that I don't have to re-color eggs every year! Now, they look beautiful on top of a little crinkly paper grass in my trifle bowl!!

And yes, a headache I did have! I used a cake tester to pop very small holes in them....and the smaller the hole, the harder it is!!

Jennifer~

You could certainly substitute ham or bacon! I didn't think there was anyone that didn't like sausage!! LOL

I have a Paula Deen magazine from last Easter where she makes all different kinds of devil eggs.

My favorite is the BLT ones! She adds shrimp to some too.

You could probaly find them on www.foodnetwork.com

My problem is my son has a fit when you peel his eggs!!!

I can't do deviled eggs since I am blowing them out and need the shell in-tact! But that is great for hard-boiled eggs that you only color for that year!!

jenniferknapp said:
I can't do deviled eggs since I am blowing them out and need the shell in-tact! But that is great for hard-boiled eggs that you only color for that year!!

What is blowing them out? What are you doing with the shells?

Caramel Apple Bread Pudding calls for 6 eggs!! :D

jrstephens said:
What is blowing them out? What are you doing with the shells?
Blowing eggs is when you make a little teeny hole in each end and physically blow the egg out of the shell. Then you decorate the whole shell. You don't have to redecorate them every year, because they keep. It's a technique used frequently for Pysanki, Ukranian Easter Eggs, which are very detailed and can take hours to decorate.

There are about a dozen fowl jokes laying here that I'm not using because I'm chicken.

Gotta love KG's comment! lol

chefann said:
Blowing eggs is when you make a little teeny hole in each end and physically blow the egg out of the shell. Then you decorate the whole shell. You don't have to redecorate them every year, because they keep. It's a technique used frequently for Pysanki, Ukranian Easter Eggs, which are very detailed and can take hours to decorate.

That sounds neat! but way to much work for me!!

What is the best way to blow out eggs for Easter decorating?

The best way to blow out eggs is to use a small needle to make a small hole in both ends of the egg. Then, gently blow into one hole while holding the egg over a bowl to catch the contents.

Can I use the blown-out eggs for cooking or baking?

Yes, the blown-out eggs can be used for cooking and baking just like regular eggs. However, be sure to thoroughly wash the eggs before using them in any recipe.

How can I decorate the blown-out eggs?

The blown-out eggs can be decorated using a variety of techniques such as painting, dyeing, decoupage, or using stickers and glitter. You can also use them to make Easter egg ornaments or create a hanging egg display.

How long will the blown-out eggs last?

If stored properly in a cool and dry place, the blown-out eggs can last for several years. However, if you plan to use them for cooking or baking, it is recommended to use them within a few weeks.

Can I use the blown-out eggs for Easter egg hunts?

While the blown-out eggs are not as durable as regular eggs, they can still be used for an Easter egg hunt. Just be sure to handle them gently and avoid dropping or crushing them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • linojackie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KristinS
Replies