• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easter Egg Cake Recipe and Festive Ideas for Your Easter Celebration

In summary, to make an Easter egg cake, you will need a cake mix, frosting, food coloring, and a special Easter egg cake pan. You can also use a regular cake pan and shape the cake into an egg shape. To add a surprise inside, you can bake two separate cakes and fill them with frosting or use a small cookie cutter to cut out shapes and fill them with candies or sprinkles. Other festive Easter ideas include making bunny-shaped cookies or having an Easter egg hunt. The Easter egg cake can be made in advance and stored in the fridge or freezer, but make sure to thaw completely before decorating and serving.
unlimitedchef
Does anyone have a recipe for an easter egg cake in the batter bowl? Any other Easter theme show ideas? So far I have:

Deviled Eggs using Crinkle Cutter, Dec Set, Chillzanne Server
Easter Egg hunt (will contain easter trivia, 10% discounts, candy, etc)
Would like to give the easter egg cake as a host thank you gift
Choc Heart

I have made a football cake with the batter bowl. Bake the cake just as you would for the barbie doll, and then cut the cake in 1/2 length wise after it's cooled. Put the two big ends together on a flat surface and decorate. Good luck, and maybe you already knew of this one.

Tammi

To make any kind of cake in the batter bowl, here is the basic recipe:

1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour Classic Batter Bowl. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into batter bowl. Bake 1 hour, 10 minutes-1 hour, 15 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 15 minutes. Run Large Spreader around outside of cake and gently turn out onto cooling rack, large end down. Cool 3 hours.

To turn it into an easter egg (or football) using Serrated Bread Knife, trim large end of cake to level. Cut down the center. Place large ends end to end.

Have fun!

Just wanted to add a quick tip here:Instead of using flour (and this works great if you are making a dark cake, like chocolate) use some of the cake mix to "flour" the batter bowl. Then you don't get the white flour residue on the dark cake. :)

I am a visual person does anyone have a picture of the Egg cake? I would love to see it!

1. How do I make an Easter egg cake?

To make an Easter egg cake, you will need a cake mix, frosting, food coloring, and a special Easter egg cake pan. Prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions and pour it into the greased cake pan. Bake the cake according to the package instructions. Once the cake is cooled, use food coloring to dye the frosting in pastel colors. Use a piping bag to decorate the cake with the frosting, creating an Easter egg design.

2. Can I use a regular cake pan instead of an Easter egg cake pan?

Yes, you can use a regular cake pan to make an Easter egg cake. Simply bake the cake in a round or square cake pan and use a knife to shape the cake into an egg shape. You can also use a stencil to help guide your cutting.

3. How do I add a surprise inside the Easter egg cake?

To add a surprise inside the Easter egg cake, you can bake the cake in two separate pans and place a layer of frosting or filling in between the two cakes. You can also use a small cookie cutter to cut out shapes in the middle of the cake and fill them with small candies or sprinkles.

4. What other festive Easter ideas can I incorporate into my celebration?

Aside from an Easter egg cake, you can also make Easter-themed desserts such as bunny-shaped cookies or cupcakes decorated with Easter sprinkles. You can also have an Easter egg hunt, decorate eggs, or have a traditional Easter brunch with dishes like ham and deviled eggs.

5. Can I make the Easter egg cake in advance?

Yes, you can make the Easter egg cake in advance. Simply bake the cake and let it cool completely before wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and storing it in the fridge. You can also freeze the cake for a longer period of time. Just make sure to let it thaw completely before decorating and serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tammi123
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies