• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easter Bunny Cakes: Tips and Ideas for Decorating with Prep Bowls

In summary, Jenn Monk demoed a recipe for Banana Split Brownie Torte/Trifle with whipped cream. The ingredients and instructions are already baked and ready to be put into the Trifle bowl.
SandiLeigh
I have an idea to make Easter Bunny cakes with the prep bowls.

Has anyone ever done this? Any ideas on how to decorate them?

Thanks

Yes, our cluster did this last year - I think I have an e-mail on it.
E-mail at pchef4u at gmail and I'll forward it to you.

I would like to see this too!! :)

Just found it...they did cakes and split them in half and put a Peep in them like the chick hatching from the egg...The also did hard boiled egg bunnies...You can also do prep bowl cakes as the bunny body and licorice or something as the ears.

From March, 2007 - I'll get pictures up soon...Missed those of you that couldn't join us! It would be impossible to duplicate the meeting in an email...but I can attempt to summarize.Jenn Monk demoed the recipe below . She was delightful to watch as she had lots of cute sound effects and fun names for the product. Her enthusiasm was contagious! The key is to get April bookings with this demo was that the Trifle bowl is a 60% off item in April.Attached are a couple photos of other small demos centered on the upcoming Easter holiday. Funfetti Cake mix in prep bowls makes the cute egg cakes decorated with out decorator bottles. If you want more photos on hard boiled egg bunny- let me know. The training focused on the 3-2-1 concept and I will attach a sheet on that. If you are interested in more info - please let me know and I'd be happy to arrange a call. Yvonne Mattsonp.s. thanks to those that let me know you could not attend. Helps me plan my set-up and food/beverage and hand-outs. I appreciate the courtesy. Banana Split Brownie Torte/Trifle 1 ( 21 oz) brownie mix1 (6 oz) instant vanilla pudding1 ¼ cup cold milk1 (12 oz) Cool Whip 1 8 oz can pineapple tidbits 3 bananas 1 qt fresh strawberries 1 cup chopped nuts Chocolate Syrup

I will have the ingredients for you and the brownie already baked and cut up.

Layer 1/2 of Brownie in Trifle bowl.
Whisk pudding and milk and add about 1 cup of cool whip. Put 1/2 of this on brownie layer.
Add sliced strawberries....placing some around outside of bowl so it looks pretty and some over the pudding mixture.
Add a little of the pineapple pieces.
Squirt a little chocolate syrup.
Add a layer of cool whip.

Then do 2nd layer of brownie.....pudding....but this time do the Banana's around outside. Fill middle with Banana's and pineapple.
Squirt some chocolate over the fruit.
Add Cool whip.

Add a few fanned strawberries to the top, some nuts , and dollops of cool whip with EAD.

Pretty easy and sooooooooooo good.

Here are two pictures...
CakeinPrepBowls.jpg
TowelBunny.jpg

What ingredients are needed to make an Easter Bunny Cake?

To make an Easter Bunny Cake, you will need all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, milk, confectioners' sugar, and food coloring. You may also want to have additional decorations such as sprinkles or candies for the finishing touches.

How do I assemble the Easter Bunny Cake?

To assemble the Easter Bunny Cake, you will need to first bake two round cakes and let them cool completely. Then, cut one cake into two ear shapes and the other into an oval for the bunny's face. Place the oval cake on a large platter and use the ear shapes to create the bunny's head. Frost the entire cake with a layer of frosting, then use additional frosting to decorate the cake with a face, ears, and any other desired details.

Can I use a different type of cake mix for the Easter Bunny Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for the Easter Bunny Cake. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the cake will be different depending on the mix used. You may need to adjust the baking time and instructions according to the specific cake mix you choose.

How far in advance can I make the Easter Bunny Cake?

The Easter Bunny Cake can be made up to two days in advance. After assembling and decorating the cake, cover it with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container at room temperature. If you want to make it further in advance, you can also store the cake in the refrigerator for up to a week. Before serving, let the cake come to room temperature for about an hour.

Can I make the Easter Bunny Cake without a cake pan?

Yes, you can make the Easter Bunny Cake without a cake pan. Instead of using round cake pans, you can use a rectangular cake pan and cut out the bunny shape using a template or by freehand. You can also use a bundt cake pan and decorate it to look like a bunny face. Be creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dkitten13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jen72467
  • OhmyDLM