• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

EAD Tips

Becca115

Oct 13, 2005
Anybody have any tips for using the EAD? I have a customer that is frustrated with hers. I feel like it's pretty straight forward, lol. She was filling manicotti with it. I told her it may take some practice to get used to it. Any tips to help her out?

Thanks
Becca

barbchan

Mar 16, 2006
I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with it? Is the filling coming out too fast? Is she filling the tube correctly and getting all the air bubbles out? When I filll the tube I stir it up a little with a table knife to get all the air bubbles out so the filling will come out smoothly.
Hope I've been of some small help. :rolleyes:

Jennie4PC

Legacy Member
May 24, 2005
Filling manacotti with the EAD can be difficult is she using the biggest tip? what I had to do was have my son hold the pasta while I pushed the filling into the pasta, I am sure practice will help me to do it better but that is what I did. HTH

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Her filling may be too thick. I made manicotti one time and my filling was so thick it was hard to push the button down. I just adjusted my parmasen/ricotta cheese ratios. Still tasted good and it came out much easier the next time.

Kelley Sells

Feb 2, 2006
I do manicotti

alot with the EAD, it does get a little tight to push on....BUT, soften up the recipe a little, I added an extra egg, and pull the plunger all the way back, I fill it from the bottom to the top, pushing it in everytime....

When I fill the manicottis, I fill one end, flip it and fill the other end, so they meet in the middle.....

It is consitency of the filling that will make it tough, and the flip side to that is you still want it thick so when it bakes it doesn't get all runny......

The EAD takes a little getting use to....

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I used my EAD at Thanksgiving--melted butter until super soft and used one of the really pretty tips onto wax paper, and then into the freezer--beautiful little butter flowers. I'm no Martha Stewart, just added a nice little touch.

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
ead replacement

I have a guest who needs a new ring to the EAD but the replacement order form has an 2002 date. This guest thinks hers is different than the newer one - would the ring fit no matter what? Thanks...

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
No, unfortunately the earlier EAD's threading is different and is NOT interchangeable with the new rings. I've seen a TON of requests on multiple boards since I started a year and a half ago looking for these old rings.

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
Jennie4PC said:
Filling manacotti with the EAD can be difficult is she using the biggest tip? what I had to do was have my son hold the pasta while I pushed the filling into the pasta, I am sure practice will help me to do it better but that is what I did. HTH

Now why didn't I think of that