1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: EAD or Cookie Press for Beef Jerky?

1. Deeder

Deeder Member

I have a customer that wants to know if the EAD or the cookie press would be strong enough to push out her beef jerky. Anyone know?

Nov 2, 2008
  2. Stampaholic1961

Stampaholic1961 Advanced Member Gold Member

How does she make beef jerky? When my hubby has made it in the past, he just cuts slices of meat & marinates it, then dries it. I can't imagine how you would use either of those tools in making jerky! I'm really puzzled by this one!

3. Skippylouwho

Skippylouwho Gold Member

Not sure if it would be strong enough. The meat for the jerky is a lot thicker than any cookie dough.

Nov 2, 2008
  4. Jessamary

Jessamary Member

I saw something today at Farm and Fleet (it's a WI, IL, IA thing) that looked just like the EAD, but it was for jerky. I bet this is where people are getting this idea. Didn't inspect it too closely, but it has the same "caulking gun" look.

Nov 2, 2008
  5. Deeder

Deeder Member

I think they make like jerky pepperoni sticks. I'm worried it wouldn't be strong enough.

Nov 2, 2008
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

SEE!!! For all of you who laughed at me when I told the story about the guest being mad because her EAD broke making jerky....well, here is someone else wanting to do the same thing!

The answer is NO! They aren't strong enough to do beef jerky. I know from experience, having had a customer who was royally ticked off when her EAD broke trying to make Jerky with it....

Nov 2, 2008
  7. Doug

Doug

Dec 8, 2018
    Admin Greg likes this.
  8. Doug

Doug

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Dec 8, 2018
    Admin Greg likes this.
Have something to add?