• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Dutch Apple Mini Tarts for Kids: Tips and Tricks from a Kitchen Show Host

In summary, the speaker is planning on doing some recipes for kids in a kitchen show but is unsure about finding kosher and nondairy pie crust. They wonder if using frozen or puff pastry would be a good substitute. They also mention not being able to use a cut and seal recipe due to delivery issues, but will still have other kid-friendly products to demonstrate. They hope the show goes well.
pamperedpnina
I am thinking of doing these for the kids in the kitchen show that I have on Wed. has anyone done them be4?

I don't think I can find refrigerated pie crust that is kosher and nondairy but I know I can get frozen... if I just defrost it will that work? what about using puff pastry instead??

I was going to do a recipe with the cut and seal but it is not going to be delivered in time for the show :(

I will demo the kid safe cutter and also have a colloge with the other kid friendly products... I really did not realize the show was so soon :blushing: I've been :indif: on the jub :rolleyes:

hope the show works!!

Yes, I have done these before. If you use frozen pie crust, make sure to defrost it completely before baking. You can also try using puff pastry instead as that will give a flakier and lighter crust. Alternatively, you could try making a graham cracker crust or a shortbread crust. For the cut and seal recipe, you could try doing something like a quesadilla or a calzone where the dough is folded in half, sealed and then cooked. You can also look into other kid-friendly recipes that don't involve cut and seal and just require assembling of ingredients. Good luck with your show!

Hey there! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate for the upcoming kids in the kitchen show. I haven't personally done those recipes before, but I have used frozen pie crust before and it usually turns out fine. As for using puff pastry instead, I'm not sure if that would work as a substitute. Maybe you could do a test run at home to see how it turns out before the show?It's a bummer that the cut and seal won't be delivered in time, but I'm sure the kid safe cutter and other kid-friendly products will still make for a great demonstration. Don't worry about the show being so soon, I'm sure it will be a success! Good luck! :thumbsup:

1. How long does it take to make these Easy Dutch Apple Mini Tarts?

The prep time for these tarts is only about 20 minutes, and they bake for 15-20 minutes. So, in total, you can have these delicious treats ready in just about 40 minutes!

2. Can I use store-bought pie crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely use store-bought pie crust for this recipe. It will save you some time and still result in delicious tarts. However, if you have the time, making your own crust from scratch will take these tarts to the next level!

3. Can I substitute the apples with other fruits?

Absolutely! This recipe is very versatile and you can use any fruit you like. Some great substitutes for apples are peaches, pears, or even berries. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and cinnamon accordingly.

4. Do I need any special equipment to make these tarts?

No, you do not need any special equipment. A muffin tin, rolling pin, and a small cookie cutter are all you need to make these tarts. However, if you have a mini tart pan, feel free to use that instead of a muffin tin for a more professional look.

5. Can I make these tarts ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these tarts ahead of time. Once they are completely cooled, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months. Just make sure to reheat them in the oven before serving for the best texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
karens.kitchen
  • Pampered Laura
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pampered Laura
  • etteluap70PC