• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Homemade Dumpling Recipes: Beyond Bisquick!

In summary, the dumplings recipes use flour tortillas or canned biscuits torn into pieces for chicken and dumplings. They all work great and taste great.
cochef
Gold Member
Anyone have a good dumpling recipe - besides bisquick, etc.

Not a recipe but we've used flour tortillas or canned biscuits torn into pieces for chicken & dumplings. Works great, tastes great (no tortilla or biscuity taste).

That's what I use too - canned biscuits. They cook up great and are super easy.

Me too, I love the big doughy type dumplings, not the long thin "strips" of dumpling that taste more like a noodle. I get the 8ct roll of canned biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. They always turn out perfect.

I use the Betty Crocker Cookbook recipe. Family and friends love it and it is super easy with only a few ingredients.

Was wondering if you like the roll out thin type or the drop-in biscuit-y type? I have an old recipe that is awesome (it's either old Better Crocker or Better Homes and Gardens... think it's BC). Super easy, and so good. I'll get the recipe out in a minute and type it up... the copy I have is sold old, it was typed on the OLD Word (pre-mouse, keyboard command only)... ah, the memories!

Ok... here it is. I always double to recipe, and use the medium scoop to drop (but we like them bigger... small scoop would be the "correct" way)...

Dumplings

1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp salad oil (vegi oil)

Sift together dry ingredients into bowl (I just mix using whisk)

In separate container (I use 4 cup easy read), mix milk and salad oil together. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.

Drop by tablespoonfuls into boiling soup. Cover tightly and simmer for 12 minutes (for small scoop) or 13 minutes (for medium scoop). DON'T PEAK... peaking will affect how they cook!

nikked said:
Ok... here it is. I always double to recipe, and use the medium scoop to drop (but we like them bigger... small scoop would be the "correct" way)...

Dumplings

1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp salad oil (vegi oil)

Sift together dry ingredients into bowl (I just mix using whisk)

In separate container (I use 4 cup easy read), mix milk and salad oil together. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.

Drop by tablespoonfuls into boiling soup. Cover tightly and simmer for 12 minutes (for small scoop) or 13 minutes (for medium scoop). DON'T PEAK... peaking will affect how they cook!

This is pretty much the recipe I use (if not THE recipe I use) but I add parsley flakes and sometimes poultry seasoning to the recipe (about a teaspoon or so).

1. What makes homemade dumplings different from store-bought ones?

Homemade dumplings are different from store-bought ones because they are made with fresh ingredients and do not contain any preservatives. This allows for a more authentic and homemade taste.

2. Can I use other flours besides Bisquick to make dumplings?

Yes, you can use other flours such as all-purpose flour, self-rising flour, or even gluten-free flour to make dumplings. Just make sure to adjust the measurements accordingly and follow the recipe instructions carefully.

3. How do I prevent my dumplings from becoming tough and chewy?

The key to preventing tough and chewy dumplings is to not overwork the dough. Mix the ingredients together just until they are combined and be gentle when rolling out the dough. Also, make sure to cook the dumplings in simmering broth or liquid rather than boiling water.

4. Can I freeze homemade dumplings?

Yes, you can freeze homemade dumplings before or after cooking them. To freeze before cooking, place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze for a few hours before transferring them to a freezer bag. To freeze after cooking, allow the dumplings to cool completely before placing them in a freezer-safe container.

5. What are some creative ways to use homemade dumplings besides in soups and stews?

Homemade dumplings can be used in a variety of dishes, such as dumpling casseroles, dumpling pot pies, and even dumpling desserts. You can also try frying or pan-searing the dumplings for a crispy texture. The options are endless, so get creative and have fun experimenting with different recipes!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckrissy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • tabnat80