• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successfully Making a DCB Dump Cake sans Eggs

In summary, a dump cake can be successfully made in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) without using any eggs. A popular recipe for the dump cake involves using 2 cans of apple pie filling, 1 box of yellow cake mix, and 1/4 lb of butter. The ingredients are microwaved for 10 minutes, with an additional 3-5 minutes if needed. Other combinations of fruit and cake mixes can also be used. Some people have encountered a gooey mess, but this has not been an issue for the person recommending the recipe. Another dump cake recipe involves using cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, cake mix, and butter. The ingredients are layered in the pan and baked for 20 minutes at
PCAnna
Gold Member
Has anyone ever done a dump cake in the DCB with good success? If so, do you have a good recipe? Recipe must not have any eggs.
Thanks for your help! :)

YES! I have done:

2 cans of apple pie pilling
1 box yellow cake mix (dry)
1/4 lb (1 cube) butter shaved on top

Microwave 10 minutes. I do not stir but I do move the top around a bit if there are dry areas of cake mix. Microwave another 3-5 minutes. Yummy!

You can do other combinations of fruit pie fillings and cake mixes.

Thanks Beth. Which combination of fruit/cake do you like best. I was reading that some people were getting a gooey mess. Have you ever encountered anything like that?

PCAnna said:
Thanks Beth. Which combination of fruit/cake do you like best. I was reading that some people were getting a gooey mess. Have you ever encountered anything like that?

No gooey mess... I like the one I gave you best.

Thanks Beth.. I will give it a try and keep you posted :)

I have an awesome dump cake recipe from my mother. I have never used the deep covered baker to make it, but I'm sure it would turn out well..

1 can cherry pie filliing
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 cake mix
2 sticks of butter

dump the cherry pie filling in the pan, then add the crushed pineapple. Spread it over the pan. Sprinkle the cake mix over the fillings. Then cut pieces of butter and place on top of cake mix. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until butter is melted and cake topping starts to brown.

pchefgagnon said:
I have an awesome dump cake recipe from my mother. I have never used the deep covered baker to make it, but I'm sure it would turn out well..

1 can cherry pie filliing
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 cake mix
2 sticks of butter

dump the cherry pie filling in the pan, then add the crushed pineapple. Spread it over the pan. Sprinkle the cake mix over the fillings. Then cut pieces of butter and place on top of cake mix. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until butter is melted and cake topping starts to brown.
Ohhh... That's really good too and would work just as well in the DCB.

Also heard you can do a can of soda and dry cake mix. Not a dump cake, but an alternative to a no eggs recipe.

Do you drain the pineapple juice off the pineapple?

nursemize said:
Do you drain the pineapple juice off the pineapple?

No. Keep the juice in it.

I tried the peach dump cake. It was a hit.. I didn't even get to sample it. I am going to try the cherry one today with the chocolate cake. We'll see if it is just as good!:)

I love the chocolate cake mix, cherry pie filling and 1 stick on butter (cut up) on the top. I don't stir, but do stir it after the 10min. Then put in for another 3 min. I love this with cool whip or vanilla ice cream! YUMMY!! :)

sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you microwave with the DCB cover on or off?

microwave with the lid on ;)

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Also heard you can do a can of soda and dry cake mix. Not a dump cake, but an alternative to a no eggs recipe.

This one sounds of interest can you share recipe

Dina Atnip said:
This one sounds of interest can you share recipe

It's just what she said. A can of soda and a dry cake mix. Combine and bake. I usually make this in the fluted pan because it comes out prettier but people do make it in the DCB too. 12-15 minutes depending on the microwave. I'd leave the lid off for this one. For the dump cake I put the lid on. I know though that Robin House says to put it on for main dishes and leave it off for desserts. You'll hear it both ways for desserts. I personally ink it's moister with it on but Robin has make it much more often than I have...

it is a weight watchers recipe that is unbelievable - with sugar free soda. Love chocolate cake & Diet Dr. Pepper!

otisbg said:
it is a weight watchers recipe that is unbelievable - with sugar free soda. Love chocolate cake & Diet Dr. Pepper!

These are great and they work well in the rice cooker plus.
Did lemon cake mix w/sprite and served the cake w/sugar free lemon pudding. Everyone loved it.

I usually do the lava cake with a diet coke, chocolate cake mix and dark chocolate frosting tub. 8 to 10 minutes in the DCB, lid on or off. As I say at my show...great cure for PMS or teenage breakups! Never tried it without the frosting.

This is probably a very dumb question, but do you just dump the mix in and not include the ingredients that is on the box or do you mix up the batter and then dump it?

Ignore the directions/ingredients on the cake mix box. All these versions are amazingly easy and good. Customers love the idea of a quick and easy microwave cake -- even if they never get around to making it themselves!​

no do not make up the cake batter, just use the cake powder for the dump cake

Bumping...I'm making this for the first time. I'm practicing it tonight and am doing it at a show on Saturday. (Normally I never do something I've never done before, but I remember a lot of people having success with this and it sounds easy like the lava cakes. My host is very picky so this was something that she was interested in and I gave in.)Now, I have a yellow cake mix and just one can of strawberry pie filling (21 oz). Will this be enough or do I actually need 2 cans? And is it 1 1/2 sticks of butter or 2 sticks? Do I melt the butter or put it in as "pats" of butter. Bake 10 minutes and then stir? Or leave it alone?

The reason I'm curious is because in the latest DCB e-cookbook, it says you put the cake mix down first, then one can of filling, then pats of butter. But other places I've seen it say 2 cans of filling and the filling is the bottom layer. Help?!! :D

Okay, disregard my posts. I went on the I <3 my DCB FB group and found some info there. For the cobbler, it's cake mix on bottom, 1 can of filling next, then pats of butter (1 1/2) sticks. Cover and microwave for 10 min., stir and cook 2-3 min more. It worked perfectly for me tonight.The dump cake is the 2 cans filling first, cake mix, butter way.

1. Can I use a different type of cake mix for my DCB dump cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix that you prefer for your DCB dump cake. Just make sure to follow the same instructions for mixing and baking.

2. Do I need to add any additional ingredients to the cake mix?

No, you do not need to add any additional ingredients to the cake mix. The recipe only requires the cake mix, butter, and fruit filling.

3. Can I use fresh fruit instead of canned fruit filling?

Yes, you can use fresh fruit for your DCB dump cake. Just make sure to dice the fruit into small pieces and adjust the baking time accordingly.

4. How long does it take to bake the DCB dump cake?

The baking time may vary depending on your oven, but it usually takes about 45-50 minutes for the cake to be fully cooked and golden brown on top.

5. Can I make the DCB dump cake ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make the DCB dump cake ahead of time and reheat it in the oven or microwave. Just make sure to cover it with foil to prevent it from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Shari
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebB
  • mickirene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • slhale