• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dumb! Should I Offer Her Something, or Just Contact the Host?

C
chelynn
So I did a huge fundraiser at the beginning of August, tons of online orders where I didn't have much contact with the customers, only by e-mail. The order was delivered August 16th. Tonight I get this e-mail, one line, from one of the online customers that says...

"Where are our products???"

Ugh. She had them shipped to the chairperson, so probably at her house! Please, accuse me of stealing your money and not giving you anything. Arg! I wrote her back and said I would call the host ASAP to find her products, and that I would mail her a SB on Monday.

But I really just wanted to yell at her, LOL! What would you have done?

You did the right thing. As a matter of fact, you didn't even have to offer the SB, but that was good customer service on your part.
I have only had a host do this one time - so when the customer called me and asked where the products were, I told them that they had been delivered 2 weeks earlier to the host and that they must not have gotten around to delivering them....put it, nicely, on the host.

ljeffries said:
You did the right thing. As a matter of fact, you didn't even have to offer the SB, but that was good customer service on your part.
I have only had a host do this one time - so when the customer called me and asked where the products were, I told them that they had been delivered 2 weeks earlier to the host and that they must not have gotten around to delivering them....put it, nicely, on the host.

My thoughts exactly :) When I get emails like this (or a phone call) I immediately go to shipment status and get exact date and time of delivery. I then give that info to the customer. That kind of information makes us look more professional AND takes the "blame" off of us. It also gives the customer something to go on when they contact the host.

I only offer something when it's my fault. Sometimes I worry that if I offer them something when it was out of my hands, I will look guilty.

I'd follow up with the host. She might be overwhelmed with the size of the fundraiser. Encourage her to get help or offer your help. I'd let her know that someone has contacted you regarding their order. Unfortunately, in cases like this...instead of wondering why the host hasn't delivered the stuff, people will think YOU did something wrong!

At conference, one speaker will always tell guests that they should expect their items within two weeks of the show closing (give a closing date). She will then joke and say, "If Suzy host hasn't gotten them to you within two weeks, give her a call. Let her know it's your turn to use your new products"

I had the same thing happen with my huge July FR...just a week ago I got an email from someone looking for her stuff. I immediately wrote back with shipment statues and tracking info...and then I called the chairperson and left her a message. I got an email back from the guest 2 days later that she heard from the Chairperson.

lockhartkitchen said:
At conference, one speaker will always tell guests that they should expect their items within two weeks of the show closing (give a closing date). She will then joke and say, "If Suzy host hasn't gotten them to you within two weeks, give her a call. Let her know it's your turn to use your new products"

I like that wording!

1. Why did the customer contact you instead of the host?

The customer may have contacted you because they were unaware that the products were being shipped to the host's house. They may also have had trouble getting in touch with the host and thought reaching out to you would be faster.

2. Should I offer the customer something in addition to the products?

It's always a nice gesture to offer something to make up for any inconvenience or misunderstanding. You could offer a small discount on their next purchase or include a free sample with their order.

3. Should I contact the host first before responding to the customer?

Yes, it would be helpful to contact the host first to confirm if the products were delivered to their house. This will give you a better understanding of the situation and allow you to provide accurate information to the customer.

4. How should I respond to the customer's accusatory email?

It's important to remain professional and polite in your response. Acknowledge their frustration and apologize for any misunderstanding. Offer to look into the situation and provide them with a solution, such as contacting the host or sending a replacement product.

5. What should I do if I feel like yelling at the customer?

It's natural to feel frustrated or angry when dealing with difficult customers, but it's important to remain calm and professional. Take a deep breath and remember that the customer may be upset due to a misunderstanding. Respond to their email calmly and offer a resolution to the issue. If you feel like you may not be able to respond calmly, it may be best to take a break and respond at a later time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Debala715
  • mmmorgan20