• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dumb Question!? Can Anyone Help?

In summary, the conversation discusses ways to find and participate in craft fairs and vendor events as a Pampered Chef consultant. Suggestions include using craftlister.com, contacting the local chamber of commerce, networking with other consultants, and wearing PC attire at events to attract potential leads. It is also mentioned that the new PC clothing line will be released in July by Merrill, the official clothing vendor for the company.
swtnsssychef
I have a really dumb question, but i'm new to pc and i keep seeing all this info on getting booths and taste of home fairs and stuff like that. how do i find out where they are having them? who do i contact?how do i go about renting/buying a booth at one of the shows? are there restrictions and such on things like this? can we do booths at local picinics? please help!! totally lost and confused!!! tia

First off Christy, welcome to PC! Second, that's not a dumb question. If you go to www.craftlister.com you can enter your location and find fairs in your area. Yes, you could do a fair at a local picnic or something like that. If you use craftlister, there will be contact info on who to contact to go about getting a booth. We are allowed to bring small quantities of cash and carry to sell, although many of us don't. I personally don't carry any, I take orders for products there, but focus more on finding booking and recruit leads. If you search for craft fairs, you will find tons of threads with ideas for how to set up your booth. Good luck!

You can contact your local chamber of commerce either by phone or online. They will usually have information on fairs. I also find them when I'm reading my newspaper. Also, think about group garage sales. You can set up your booth and sell items there instead of dragging all your treasures (or in addition to) along to the garage sale. Also check out local farmers markets.

Thanks so much!! That has given me a place to start!! I really appreciate it!! Hopefully all goes well with this!

Another thing you can do is to network with the other local consultants and become friends with someone who is doing a lot of fairs and offer to help out.As a last resort, go to fairs yourself and if there isn't a PC booth (and you feel that it is the right place for a PC booth) then see if you can find someone who is working with the coordinator of the fair and get some contact info for the next one. Once you get in with the coordinator, other fairs may follow.

Thanks that's another great idea! I guess I need to find some friends here!! lol!! Never thought of "helping"! thanks again!!

Some booths can be pretty pricey and long hours. So, if you find others to share it with you, the time and cost don't seem so much. Another thing that can happen is that you get too many leads and aren't able to follow up with all of them. Helping is what keeps that from happening.

okay now i understand a little more! thanks again!!

If you've missed a fair or something you could still go with your family. Just wear PC attire and have some recipe cards and a notebook to write down contact information. If you are wearing PC people will stop you. That way you can make some contacts and not have to pay.

BUT WATCH OUT!!! The coordinators do not like for you to do that at some events. Because they charge so much for the vendor space they want you to pay to solicit. BUT you are not soliciting. You are just walking around with your family with your PC stuff on. Pefectly legal!:) :D

Thanks that's so helpful!! But it also brings me to another question, where do you buy pc clothing? The only place left right now is the one that we will no longer be using right? and I've checked out that site, the only things left are way too big for me.

swtnsssychef said:
Thanks that's so helpful!! But it also brings me to another question, where do you buy pc clothing? The only place left right now is the one that we will no longer be using right? and I've checked out that site, the only things left are way too big for me.
The new stuff will be out in July when Merrill 'officially' becomes our clothing vendor. I've bought PC t-shirts on ebay before and sometimes you can find someone selling some on this site.

I just wanted to say thanks for the vendor info website!

Stephanie

Thanks for the info!! I didn't realize that Merrill was going to be doing clothing also!

1. What is a "Dumb Question"?

"Dumb Question" is a term used to describe a question that may seem obvious or simple to some, but is actually a valid question that someone may not know the answer to.

2. Why do people feel embarrassed to ask "Dumb Questions"?

Some people may feel embarrassed to ask "Dumb Questions" because they fear being judged or seen as unintelligent. However, asking questions is a sign of curiosity and a desire to learn.

3. How can I create a safe environment for asking "Dumb Questions"?

To create a safe environment for asking "Dumb Questions", it's important to foster a culture of open communication and non-judgment. Encourage others to ask questions and refrain from making negative comments or belittling someone for asking a question.

4. Are there any benefits to asking "Dumb Questions"?

Absolutely! Asking "Dumb Questions" can lead to a deeper understanding and knowledge on a topic, as well as spark new ideas and perspectives. It also shows a willingness to learn and grow.

5. How can I encourage others to ask "Dumb Questions"?

One way to encourage others to ask "Dumb Questions" is by leading by example and asking questions yourself. You can also create a safe and welcoming environment for open communication and let others know that all questions are valid and encouraged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • prissylovescooking