• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Cooking a Duck at the DBC: A Guide

In summary, to prepare a whole duck for cooking at the DBC, remove excess fat and giblets, rinse and pat dry, score the skin, season and marinate. Set the DBC to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 2-3 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Wood chips or pellets can be used for added flavor, and to carve a cooked duck, remove legs and wings, then slice breast meat and serve on a platter.
sandra foy
Have anyone cook a duck in the DBC?

Haven't done it. Don't see why not. I suggest elevating the duck on some veggies so that it doesn't sit in all of the fat. I would do it in the oven, not the microwave, if you want the skin crispy. I like to pierce the skin with a fork all over to help the fat get out. Haven't had duck in ages.

Thanks Becca,
I am thinking about having a duck for christmas dinner and yes I would do it in the oven.

I've never cooked duck. Sounds fancy! It took me a few seconds to figure out what DBC meant. :) Deep Covered Baker = DCB

Duck really should have a crispy skin. I think it would be gross in the microwave.

We had duck last year for Christmas. We steamed it the night before, then roasted it that day. Delicious. Steaming it got rid of most of the fat. I just put water in the bottom of our Roasting Pan, put the duck on the rack, covered the whole thing with foil, and put it in the oven at 300 for about 1/2 hour. When I took it out I wrapped it immediately in the foil and placed it in the fridge.

1. How do I prepare a whole duck for cooking at the DBC?

To prepare a whole duck for cooking at the DBC, first remove any excess fat and giblets from the cavity. Rinse the duck with cold water and pat it dry. Score the skin in a criss-cross pattern to help render the fat and create a crispy skin. Season the duck with your desired seasonings and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.

2. What temperature should I set the DBC to when cooking a duck?

The DBC should be set to a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit when cooking a duck. This will allow the duck to cook evenly and reach a safe internal temperature.

3. How long should I cook a duck at the DBC?

The cooking time for a duck at the DBC will depend on the size of the duck and the desired level of doneness. As a general rule, a 4-5 pound duck will take approximately 2-3 hours to cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit for a fully cooked duck.

4. Can I use wood chips or pellets in the DBC when cooking a duck?

Yes, you can use wood chips or pellets in the DBC when cooking a duck to add a smoky flavor. Soak the wood chips or pellets in water for at least 30 minutes before adding them to the DBC to prevent them from burning too quickly.

5. How should I carve a cooked duck?

To carve a cooked duck, first remove the legs and wings by cutting through the joints. Then, slice the breast meat off the bone in thin slices. Serve the duck on a platter with the legs and wings on top for an impressive presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenni
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • RMDave
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • erinhoward