1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Duck in dbc

1. sandra foy

sandra foy Member

Have anyone cook a duck in the DBC?

Dec 7, 2009
  2. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

Haven't done it. Don't see why not. I suggest elevating the duck on some veggies so that it doesn't sit in all of the fat. I would do it in the oven, not the microwave, if you want the skin crispy. I like to pierce the skin with a fork all over to help the fat get out. Haven't had duck in ages.

Dec 7, 2009
  3. sandra foy

sandra foy Member

Thanks Becca,
    I am thinking about having a duck for christmas dinner and yes I would do it in the oven.

Dec 7, 2009
  4. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

I've never cooked duck. Sounds fancy!

It took me a few seconds to figure out what DBC meant. :) Deep Covered Baker = DCB

Dec 7, 2009
  5. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

Duck really should have a crispy skin. I think it would be gross in the microwave.

Dec 8, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

We had duck last year for Christmas. We steamed it the night before, then roasted it that day. Delicious. Steaming it got rid of most of the fat. I just put water in the bottom of our Roasting Pan, put the duck on the rack, covered the whole thing with foil, and put it in the oven at 300 for about 1/2 hour. When I took it out I wrapped it immediately in the foil and placed it in the fridge.

Dec 8, 2009
Have something to add?