1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Dropped Cake Recruit Lead

1. Trish in Texas

Trish in Texas Member Gold Member

I was pampering a business today...as I started to take the cake upstairs to the city offices, the cake fell on the floor. The receptionist heard my "oops" and came to help out. When I told her it was one of the 12-Minute Miracle Cakes in the Microwave, she was interested. So, I handed her the recipe. It had the PC logo on it...she wanted a catty. Found out her daughter wants to become a consultant !! Will take a new cake back tomorrow...and some recruiting info for the daughter, who has a 6-week old baby. Any tips for working with a potential recruit with a new baby?

Trish in Texas
    Independent Consultant

2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

How exciting! Guess it was a good thing you dropped that cake. As for a recruit with a new baby. Other than care for the baby when she is at shows, I think PC and babies are a great mix (they nap alot!). It's when they become toddlers, that is when it is fun to try to get time in to make calls.

3. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

don't drop the baby

Aug 26, 2009
  4. Trish in Texas

Judybabe, you made me laugh !!

My best friend, a PC consultant, starting doing shows 2 weeks after her baby was born. In fact, she got a lot of shows that way...everybody wanted to see the baby, so she took her along. They got to coo and hold her and buy PC products too !! She did really well those first few months!

Trish in Texas
    Independent Consultant

5. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

what a gimmick! geez I can just see me explaining to my 53 yearold spouse that I need a baby now.

and don't suggest a grandchild. my daughter is only 12. LOL!

Judy

Aug 26, 2009
  6. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

I should mention a gimmick I tried last friday... one of the hats I wear is as the Disaster Response Team Leader for this part of the state. American Red Cross. I was at a health fair where I had a booth and was trying to figure out a way to incorporate the Red Cross with Pampered Chef. So I made up recipe cards for "No disaster zucchini bread" "No disaster chocolate cake" No disaster mexican lasagna" plus a few more. Basically using my own or dcb recipes and renaming them. I put the ARC logo plus my PC info.

Printed and gave away all two hundred. Got a call today from a lady who placed an $88.00 order over the phone.

You can have the baby, I'll keep the disasters! Both can be messy!

Aug 26, 2009
  7. Trish in Texas

Great way to incorporate the two...I may try that with some other booths I'm doing.

8. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I would touch on getting out of the house, doing something just for her, making some money, and flexible. Those would have reached me as a potential consultant.

Aug 26, 2009
  9. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

So I almost spit of my drink!

Aug 26, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted