• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Driving Business to Personal Web Sites

P
PhyllisRamp
Anyone have any good ideas that are succeeding with driving business to your personal web site?

I have very spotty usage from hosts and guests and virtually no business from it otherwise. We cannot list our personal sites as sponsors on other web pages so I'm really not too sure how I'm supposed to get business there.

Did anyone go to the workshop at conference that covered this?

Thanks.
Phyllis Rampulla
Independent Sales Director
www.pamperedchef.biz/phyllisramp

I find that I'm having the same problem. I use Constant Contact to design and distribute my monthly newsletters. There are links all through the newsletter directing people to my site. I am able to pull stats through the constant contact website to see how many people have linked through and the numbers are really low. I've even added a recipe corner to my website where I change the recipe monthly...... :confused:

I have the website on everything that I hand out and on my email signature.

I don't get a lot of feedback but I can tell from conversations with hosts and guests that people do look at it and I have been told that some have it bookmarked. I wish we had some kind of counter on it so we would know how often people look in.

I kicked off my 1st fundraiser Tues p.m. and already have one order from the web site...(this is Thurs)

I posted this in another thread, but someone got this from conference.

Post your newsletter on your website. Send your guests an email saying it has been updated. Also include a sentence saying the first 5 people to contact you directly from your site will get a free Season' Best (or whatever you want).

PamperedGinger said:
I posted this in another thread, but someone got this from conference.

Post your newsletter on your website. Send your guests an email saying it has been updated. Also include a sentence saying the first 5 people to contact you directly from your site will get a free Season' Best (or whatever you want).
I was thinking about doing that, but I'm really trying to re-format my newsletter into a much more appealing "newsletter" format. The thing I may do instead of posting it on my website is instead of emailing the guests from my shows the recipes I prepare (which I usually do, and when I started doing this and asking for email address almost EVERYONE does), is to post it on my website. I don't make the same recipe for all shows though, so I 'm not sure the best way to do this. Maybe I'll post a bunch of recipes in one section. I'm not sure..... :confused:

On what part of your website will you post the newsletter? I think it's a great idea but need some help. :confused:
Two of my consultants took the website workshop at conference, and the bottom line is this: tell everyone you come in contact with to "go to my website". All your contact info is on there plus all the extras. I, too, have my website on everything from business cards to catalogs, to the magnetic signs that are on my car. There's no way someone can't get to my site.

Jill Wright
Director, Benicia, CA
www.pamperedchef.biz/jillscooking
[email protected]

How do you post your newsletter to the website?I have a link to my website that I send to all my customers, but I can't get it to go on my website. I lose all the grapics. It doesn't look nice. I would love the idea of them going on the website to read the newsletter. Thanks Laura

Okay Ginger...how do you do your newsletter on your website? Do you copy/paste it or is there someplace on the actual site to do it. I always just use word to do my newsletter. I have a hard time getting pictures in it, so I don't usually put any. I list the specials for the current and next 2 months, the benefits of hosting a show, a recipe and my contact information. Any other suggestions?

Shawnna

I didn't do a newsletter this past month, but will next month. I will just make a page that says September newsletter. I will copy and paste it there.

Laura1293 said:
I have a link to my website that I send to all my customers, but I can't get it to go on my website. I lose all the grapics. It doesn't look nice. I would love the idea of them going on the website to read the newsletter. Thanks Laura

The downside is you only get the one graphic to insert. The upside is they might stay and browse a while.

Personal Web site question ?I was online trying to sign up for the website -
can you only do it once you get your PC debit card?

sonia

you can only pay for itwith your PC debit card or The Pampered Chef Credit Card. I believe. If you dont have your PC debit card yet , but have applied I believe you can call HO and they can give you the number, so you could set up the web site ! :)

Another way I get people to view my website is to do a Website Scavenger Hunt. I post the rules in my email newsletter, and attach the scavenger hunt file. Here's what I had for August.

Attachments

• August Scavenger Hunt.doc
    31 KB · Views: 576
Thanks for all the repliesThanks for the good ideas. I do make sure to have my website on everything I hand out, but I've never tried the newsletter idea on the site. I think I'll do it for September.

I also LOVE the scavenger hunt idea. Thanks!

web siteI just got my web site last night. Does anyone know how to check if you have orders? Someone also said you can check how many people have been on your web site. Does anyone know how to do that also? Thanks in advance
Candy McIntyre
Maine Consultant

I don't believe there's a way to track how many people visit your website. I saw that mentioned here awhile back, but I'm not sure if that was accurate.

As far as checking to see if someone placed an order, you will get an email when some places an order on your website. There was ONE time that I didn't receive the email, but the other way you can check is going to CC, then Personal Website. On the drop down menu for "work with a current show" choose all shows, then it'll show all your current shows set up on your website. You'll be able to see in the column "# of reviewed/unreviewed web orders" that if there's a # in the first slot, then you have an order that you haven't reviewed. You can also click on the "web orders" icon.

You still have to manually enter any web orders into PP. If you want to test it to see what happens when you place an order, go onto your website and enter an order on a host's show just to test it out. Be sure to tell the host you're doing this because I believe it generates an email to her as well when someone places an order. THen you can see how it comes through in an email to you, as well as how it shows up under "work with your shows." Hope this wasn't too confusing! :)

Mass EmailingFirst of all, thanx Becky for the above info on how to track your orders. I just got my website a couple days ago and was going to post that question! I need to send out a mass emailing to all my customers announcing my website - any ideas on what to say?

1. How can I increase traffic to my personal website?

One effective way to drive traffic to your personal website is by utilizing search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. This involves optimizing your website's content and structure to improve its ranking on search engine results pages. Other strategies include creating engaging and shareable content, using social media to promote your website, and collaborating with other websites and influencers in your niche.

2. How can I turn website visitors into customers?

To convert website visitors into customers, it's important to have a clear call-to-action (CTA) on your website. This could be a button or link that prompts visitors to make a purchase, sign up for a newsletter, or contact you for more information. It's also important to have a visually appealing and user-friendly website, as well as a strong brand presence to build trust with potential customers.

3. Is it worth investing in paid advertising for my personal website?

Paid advertising can be a great way to reach a larger audience and drive traffic to your website, but it may not be the best strategy for everyone. It's important to carefully consider your target audience and budget before investing in paid advertising. Other factors to consider include the effectiveness of your ad copy and the platforms you choose to advertise on.

4. How can I track the success of my website in terms of driving business?

There are various metrics you can track to measure the success of your website in driving business. These include website traffic, conversion rates, and customer acquisition cost. You can use tools like Google Analytics to track these metrics and make data-driven decisions to improve your website's performance.

5. Are there any specific strategies or techniques that have been successful for driving business to personal websites?

Some successful strategies for driving business to personal websites include networking and collaborating with other websites and influencers, creating high-quality and relevant content, and utilizing email marketing. It's also important to consistently monitor and analyze your website's performance and adapt your strategies accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JeannePaff
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
WoodenSpoon
  • mtayloruh
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mtayloruh
  • NooraK