• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveling to Chicago from Maine - Parking Advice Needed

In summary, Beth says that there is an outdoor lot near the Hilton that is $20 or less during the day. She also says that you can take the train in to the city.
dawnsclassycupboard
We will be driving to Chicago this year from Maine. We have done our home work and figured that between car rental and gas that we are looking at around $150 round trip/person. The question is parking??? To park at the hotel it is $40/day. Ouch. Have any of you found any inexpensive parking in the city. I know that we can park at home office but the hours that they bus you in and back out will not fit our schedule. Would we be better off to just park there and take a cab? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Check the train schedule. I am driving from NC but stopping in WI "on the way". Taking a train from Milwaukee will cost me $21 each way plus cab fare from the station.

But I have a question for you. How many of you are sharing the car? If it's more than 2, it's probably a wash to just park at the hotel. ($42 (or more) x 3 + cab)

Last edited:
dawnsclassycupboard said:
We will be driving to Chicago this year from Maine. We have done our home work and figured that between car rental and gas that we are looking at around $150 round trip/person. The question is parking??? To park at the hotel it is $40/day. Ouch. Have any of you found any inexpensive parking in the city. I know that we can park at home office but the hours that they bus you in and back out will not fit our schedule. Would we be better off to just park there and take a cab? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Where did you see the times that the HO shuttle is running??

It was in the registration section. You had to check that you wanted to pay $10.00/way and the times for wave one were something like 3-4pm on the
8th and then back to HO around 3 or 4 on the 11th. There was only an hour window. We are hoping to get to Chicago Sunday AM and don't want to rush to have to leave. I am not sure if you have already registered if you can go back and check times or not. Sorry I can't be of more help.

dawnsclassycupboard said:
It was in the registration section. You had to check that you wanted to pay $10.00/way and the times for wave one were something like 3-4pm on the
8th and then back to HO around 3 or 4 on the 11th. There was only an hour window. We are hoping to get to Chicago Sunday AM and don't want to rush to have to leave. I am not sure if you have already registered if you can go back and check times or not. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Thanks Dawn!

Yep, those times are too tight for me on Sunday too. I want to be at the hotel around 11. The time would actually work on the way back though...

I drove one other time and the minimal schedule was the reason I didn't use it then.

Also, I don't think you can take a cab - I believe the lot is locked so you wouldn't be able to get the car in/out. Someone who has used it could shed more light on this though. I do have an email out to HO abut this and if they ever respond I'll post it.

Thanks Beth!

There is an outdoor lot near the Hilton that is $20 or less during the day. I've parked there the last two years without a problem. But you do need to go back and pay every day so your car doesn't get towed. :)

Where are you staying?

I live in Lombard, IL (just a few miles South of HO) and you are welcome to park at my house, and I will not even charge you parking. You can take the train in to the city.

mrssyvo said:
I live in Lombard, IL (just a few miles South of HO) and you are welcome to park at my house, and I will not even charge you parking. You can take the train in to the city.

I'd offer the same, but there's no overnight parking on the street in my city. You'll rack up a few tickets. :)

We can park on the street after April 15th, and I also have room for an extra car in my driveway.

mrssyvo said:

That is so sweet of you. Thank you! We would love to take you up on your offer. Maybe we can email privately to figure out directions to the train station. Thanks again!!

I can give you a lift to Metra- which is the train into the city. I do not mind at all, then you can take the free trolley to near your hotel- or catch a cab to the hotel, whichever works for you. During the Summer, we will take the Free trolley all over the loop.

Last edited:

1. What are the parking options for traveling to Chicago from Maine?

There are several parking options available for travelers coming to Chicago from Maine. You can choose from street parking, parking garages, and parking lots. You can also opt for valet parking at some hotels.

2. How much does parking cost in Chicago?

The cost of parking in Chicago varies depending on the location and the time of day. On average, street parking can range from $4 to $6 per hour, while parking garages and lots can cost anywhere from $20 to $50 for a full day.

3. Is it safe to park on the streets in Chicago?

While street parking in Chicago is generally safe, it is always recommended to take precautions such as locking your car and not leaving any valuables inside. Be sure to check for any parking restrictions or time limits before leaving your car on the street.

4. Are there any parking apps or services available in Chicago?

Yes, there are several parking apps and services available in Chicago that can help you find and reserve parking spots in advance. Some popular options include SpotHero, ParkWhiz, and ParkChicago.

5. Can I find free parking in Chicago?

Free parking in Chicago is hard to come by, especially in the more popular areas. However, there are some limited options such as street parking on Sundays and certain holidays. It's always best to plan ahead and budget for paid parking to avoid any inconvenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SpiritdancerIA
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Belinda Wood