1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Dripless Oil bottle problem

1. cochef

cochef Veteran Member Gold Member

Help - I tested it for a host using vingear (even though it's the oil one) and then with water when I washed it out and worked great. I just filled it with olive oil and it will not pour :cry: Any suggestions?

Nov 6, 2011
  2. jwpamp

jwpamp Veteran Member

Poke a toothpick in the end of the hole. It's probably got an air pocket.

Nov 6, 2011
  3. ejleinenbach

ejleinenbach Member Gold Member

I had trouble getting my oil bottle to work the first time I used it but after a few times of tipping it, it worked great. I think maybe it had to "prime" itself or something.

FYI - Do NOT put your bottles on the back of the stove. That silver top is not metal and the heat from my oven made the silver coating shrivel up! Now I have to buy I new one. The top is not a replacement part.

Nov 6, 2011
  4. chefa

chefa Advanced Member

Wish the top were metal or ceramic; love the ones Rachel Ray has out!

Nov 7, 2011
  5. veggiemama

veggiemama Novice Member

I have not seen these in person and I thought that the tops were metal. I need honest opinions about them. I was going to get these as holiday gifts for people. Do they look or feel cheap? I would hate for the silver coating to come off! I wanted these gifts to represent PC quality (I am a new consultant).

Thanks for any feedback!

Nov 7, 2011
  6. ChefZee

ChefZee Member

I honestly, truly LOVE mine. I had one problem with it, the vinegar one started dripping at the seam, but I got it replaced, and for some reason, it stopped leaking before the replacement even showed up. They really are DRIPLESS. No one believes me until I show them lol

Nov 7, 2011
  7. cochef

Thanks for all the tips. My husband finally just blew into it and that seemed to work - like there was an air lock or something. And, yes it is actually "dripless". I am liking it now :)

Nov 7, 2011
  8. chezshelly

chezshelly Advanced Member Gold Member

Love, love, love these!!! I take the oil one to all my shows and demonstrate and tell them I was skeptical. I have sold sooooo many it is crazy!! And I love that you can use the bamboo grinder stand to set them in!!!

Nov 8, 2011
  9. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

And I love that you can use the bamboo grinder stand to set them in!!!

Ok, now that's a cool idea.

Nov 8, 2011
  10. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Cool! Hadn't thought about the Grinder Stand.

Nov 9, 2011
  11. KimoMakano

KimoMakano Member Gold Member

I can't get mine open! it is stuck, is there a trick to it?

Apr 15, 2014
  12. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Twist harder? Sorry, there isn't a trick. Sometimes the suction can make it hard to open. Is there a big, strong somebody around who can give it a try?

Apr 18, 2014
  13. cochef

I had the same problem and tried a jar wrench I have and proceeded to scratch the plastic :( Be cautious and wrap the lid before opening with any kind of opener.

Apr 18, 2014
  14. I have trouble getting mine to open too. I usually soak it in hot water once empty and can occasionally get it to open with two jar grippers. But 9 times out of ten, it does not work and even my personal trainer/boyfriend cannot get it open. Not sure if there is an issue with the oil building up between the glass and the top or what??

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

May 7, 2015
Have something to add?