• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dress Your Banana Invitation Ideas for a Fun and Creative Party

I'm planning to tell them how I used our products to prepare all of the toppings for the sundaes. I'm going to show off the spring & summer stuff. And, maybe a do a short demo on garnishig ideas. Not exactly sure yet....any ideas?
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I've read a few posts here about the Dress Your Banana theme party. Have any of you actually done one of these? It sounds hilarious! I'm doing a show in my neighborhood next month and pretty much everyone invited has been to tons of PC parties and probably owns as much, if not more, of the catalog than I do! I wanted to do something fun and different (without doing a full-blown demo that everyone has seen before) and this sounds like it.

I'm working up an invitation for my host to send out. Does anyone have any cute ideas for it? Or, any picture files of dressed-up bananas? Or any cute/funny clipart of bananas? I'll be happy to post my invitation once I'm done too. If you have any creative input, I'd sure appreciate it! I read a point system on another thread here and am thinking about including some of those categories in the invite (without the point values) to give everyone an idea of what we're looking for.

We are planning to do a short demo on making the different toppings using the PC tools and will probably have something else already made.

Items to demo: (I think I'll make this a hands-on demo and get audience participation)

Slice the bananas (after the competition) with the Egg Slicer
toasting coconut on the stovetop in the cookware
taosting nuts in the microwave using stoneware
chopping nuts with food chopper
grating chocolate with cheese grater & microplane
serving in the SA
of course the ice cream dipper
Whipped Cream in the EAD
probably put the ice cream in the Chillzane to keep it cold
Maybe a little cocoa powder mixed with powdered sugar in the flour/sugar shaker
Hot fudge in the micro cooker
smash oreos in a baggie with the meat tenderizer or chop with food chopper
Make mini-brownies in the mini muffin pan

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Linda
[email protected]

And, just so everyone doesn't search for the other banana files that are out here, this is what I've got so far to work with:

Attachments

• Banana Game.doc
    20 KB · Views: 591
  • dress your banana.doc
    20 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
WoW Good One Linda!!
Those are great ideas for PC veterans!!!
Question though:::
where are the "point" files?
I don't get what they get if they have the most files. On the banana game, you said, "Now count your points and add up your score…..the one with the most is who I’m looking for!"
What do you mean?
Thanks for the interesting thread.

Chozengirl said:
WoW Good One Linda!!
Those are great ideas for PC veterans!!!
Question though:::
where are the "point" files?
I don't get what they get if they have the most files. On the banana game, you said, "Now count your points and add up your score…..the one with the most is who I’m looking for!"
What do you mean?
Thanks for the interesting thread.

I think I meant to say documents - not files. I posted the two banana game documents with my message so I wouldn't have a ton of people sending me what I already had found.

I will have a small prize for the persopn who gets the most banana points (ie wearing jewelry, has a mouth, has arms....see the document "dress your banana")

The other one about counting points & adding the score, that was another document I found out here that I may incorporate into the game somehow. I'm still working on it....as you can see....I need a little assistance!

Linda

Heres' the InviteOkay everyone..... I've been working on the invite and this is what I have so far. I need a little more creative assistance and I know that there is plenty of that out here! Anything you have to add is most welcome! I want to jazz this up a bit more but have run out of creative juices. Anybody willing to take a stab at it?

I also edited the dress your banana points earned document that I found out here too - added a few and took away the one about the condom....somehow, I just didn't want to make a banana split out of that one!

Thanks so much in advance!

Linda

Attachments

• dress your banana.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 502
  • Dress Your Banana Invite.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 503
Linda, Great job !! What recipe will you be demo-ing while they are eating the banana split?

I'm not going to demo a formal recipe. This is for a show in my neighborhood (we do one about every two months out here) and the people that come know and love PC so much that they could probably do a better demo than me!

I'm planning to tell them how I used our products to prepare all of the toppings for the sundaes. I'm going to show off the spring & summer stuff. And, maybe a do a short demo on garnishig ideas. Not exactly sure yet....any ideas?

What do you all do for shows where everyone in attendance knows our products inside & out? I've got another show next month and most everyone invited to that one was at a show I did in February, I'm still contemplating what to do for her to mix it up a bit - I'm thinking about the murder mystery.

Linda

Linda, Thanks, this is great. I am going to do this for a repeat host in June. She is really excited about it!

make strawberry fans also.

Check out the photo section of my first dress your banana theme show pictures. I had a second show on Wednesday. When I get them developed I will scan them in.

Ann

That is awsome........ Thanks Linda... very creative!!!!!

Loved this Show!!I did this for my sister's show - she wanted something different! It was a total blast! I'll have to post the pictures too when I get them from her. Her Sister-in-law dressed her bananas as my sister & her husband! She cut a picture of their face out and dressed them in Barbie/Ken clothes. What a riot! We all laughed so hard. My Mom was the winner. I almost feel bad posting this, but he is doing okay so I can do it. Did you all hear about Big Ben Rothlesberger (sp?) - You know the Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback being in a Motorcycle accident?? Well my sister's show was that weekend after his accident. My Mom was planning on dressing her banana as a Steeler player the whole time - she had a Koozie (bottle cover) that looks like a Steeler jersey. But she couldn't find a small Steeler helmet to go with the outfit. Anyway, she bought stickers for eyes and covered the whole top of the banana (his head) with gauze! :D She even put stitches and red marks on the gauze! She won - hands down - and the WHOLE party was full of Steeler fans!!! We had each guest bring an extra banana and we made banana splits. I just made a drink in the Quick-Stir pitcher to show the July Host special. It was a blast!!
Thanks!
Joanne

Banana ShowSounds good to me. I'm planning on getting my audience involved in the show by letting them do the cutting, chopping, etc. That way they'll have touched/used the items and hopefully purchase them as well. Should be fun and I like the banana idea too.

pamperedlinda said:
I've read a few posts here about the Dress Your Banana theme party. Have any of you actually done one of these? It sounds hilarious! I'm doing a show in my neighborhood next month and pretty much everyone invited has been to tons of PC parties and probably owns as much, if not more, of the catalog than I do! I wanted to do something fun and different (without doing a full-blown demo that everyone has seen before) and this sounds like it.

I'm working up an invitation for my host to send out. Does anyone have any cute ideas for it? Or, any picture files of dressed-up bananas? Or any cute/funny clipart of bananas? I'll be happy to post my invitation once I'm done too. If you have any creative input, I'd sure appreciate it! I read a point system on another thread here and am thinking about including some of those categories in the invite (without the point values) to give everyone an idea of what we're looking for.

We are planning to do a short demo on making the different toppings using the PC tools and will probably have something else already made.

Items to demo: (I think I'll make this a hands-on demo and get audience participation)

Slice the bananas (after the competition) with the Egg Slicer
toasting coconut on the stovetop in the cookware
taosting nuts in the microwave using stoneware
chopping nuts with food chopper
grating chocolate with cheese grater & microplane
serving in the SA
of course the ice cream dipper
Whipped Cream in the EAD
probably put the ice cream in the Chillzane to keep it cold
Maybe a little cocoa powder mixed with powdered sugar in the flour/sugar shaker
Hot fudge in the micro cooker
smash oreos in a baggie with the meat tenderizer or chop with food chopper
Make mini-brownies in the mini muffin pan

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Linda
[email protected]

And, just so everyone doesn't search for the other banana files that are out here, this is what I've got so far to work with:

finally got the picturesSorry it's been so long posting these. These are photos from my first banana party.....it was so much fun!

If you decide to have one of these parties, I highly suggest that you have extra bananas on hand as the bananas are so cute that you don't want to 'undress' them.

Attachments

• Banana Photo_1a.jpg
    Banana Photo_1a.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 561
  • Banana Photo_2a.jpg
    Banana Photo_2a.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 499

1. How do I send out a Dress Your Banana invite to my friends and family?

To send out a Dress Your Banana invite, simply log into your Pampered Chef account and navigate to the "Host a Party" section. From there, you can select the "Dress Your Banana" party theme and enter the email addresses of your guests. They will then receive an email invitation to join your party!

2. Can I customize the Dress Your Banana invite with my own message?

Yes, you can customize the Dress Your Banana invite with a personal message for your guests. After selecting the party theme, you will see an option to add a personalized message before sending out the invitations.

3. Do I need to have a certain number of guests to host a Dress Your Banana party?

No, there is no minimum number of guests required to host a Dress Your Banana party. You can invite as many or as few people as you'd like.

4. Is there a cost to send out Dress Your Banana invites?

No, there is no cost to send out Dress Your Banana invites. This service is included in your Pampered Chef consultant membership.

5. Can I track the responses to my Dress Your Banana invite?

Yes, you can track the responses to your Dress Your Banana invite by logging into your Pampered Chef account and navigating to the "Host a Party" section. From there, you can view the RSVP status of your guests and send reminders to those who have not yet responded.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • littlebeans
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • cookinmelissa